Acumen Solutions Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2014
Updated May 9, 2014

2.8

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Acumen Solutions.

Applied through campus, got interview a few days after. I interviewed with three people - one HR, vice president and the president of the company in one day. Mainly about my former experience.

Early start date

Internal Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Acumen Solutions.

one interview day with three stakeholders, call back interview with business unit leader

Interview Questions
    Stressful and frustrating because they hadn't clearly defined the role and level. Acumen hires for a certain success profile, and now that I'm here, I understand and appreciate it, but at the time I perceived them to be slightly disorganized and indecisive. Applicants should be comfortable with ambiguity and interested in not being hired for a specific well-defined role. If you want to have options and make opportunities for yourself, you can do that here. If you like structure, or want to do the same thing everyday, don't apply.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Acumen Solutions.

3-4

Interview Questions
    • How will you help clients navigate to a right cloud product decision without sacrificing any specific business requirements?   Answer Question

It was not competitive from salary perspective; Didn't have a good experience overall with the recruiting team. Recruiter assigned was indifferent and some what just following the rule book rather than trying to sell me the company

Senior Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Acumen Solutions in January 2012.

recruiter contacted me first and then it was easy 45 min talk with a manager.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Acumen Solutions in December 2011.

Met with three representatives of the company - my future supervisor, his supervisor, and a technical expert. Questions were more towards where I saw myself in my career path and less of a technical nature overall. Met with the three employees and had a verbal offer that evening.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the most complex/complicated application that you have created.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available but salaries are ok. Also, you start off with 3 weeks PTO and after a year you receive 4 weeks.

Consultant Developer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

The process took a weekinterviewed at Acumen Solutions in June 2011.

Interview began with 2 phone interviews, first is with an HR recruiter who covers the general info gathering. Second was with a member of the development team, they asked very pointed questions to gauge your knowledge of programming concepts. Was contacted within a day of the phone interviews to setup an onsite interview, this consisted of two 1 on 1 interviews. First was again with the recruiter and the second with the the manager of the development department. Very easy going and laid back atmosphere, didn't waste time with the usual standard interview questions instead worked hard to get to know me and what my interest were.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked on any projects outside of the classroom for your own enjoyment?   Answer Question
    • Outside of work what interest do you have?   Answer Question
    Entry level developer position, starting wage not negotiable.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Acumen Solutions in August 2010.

Detailed telephone interviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you have worked on   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of taking care of business day to day but also thinking long range.   Answer Question

Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Acumen Solutions in July 2010.

Phone interview with recruiter, then with managing director, and then brought in for in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was a fairly easy interview, no especially difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acumen Solutions in March 2010.

Employee referral, started with a recruiter screening call. Then a phone interview with a consultant. Finally came in for an in-person interview and met with two managers. It was very comfortable, the follow up was timely, everyone was very nice and helpful. They were open to my questions and answered honestly. They asked me many questions about what I thought about the industry and I appreciated that they were interested in my opinion.

Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Acumen Solutions in January 2010.

3 Managing Directors - nothing too intense. Phone screening was the worst part.

Interview Questions
    They low ball. Counter and expect to get a little less than what you would at Accenture.