Acumen Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview. Expected call at the top of the hour, no call. At a quarter past the hour contacted them, no answer, left voicemail and then sent email. Response to email was short, curt, and unprofessional "Sorry, been busy.". Finally got the call at 20 minutes late. Unprofessional interview, offensive comments made by interviewer. First time I have ever had an interview of this type where blatant disrespect and lack of professionalism were directed towards me as the interviewee. I was grilled with blunt questions, not really told anything about the position or company. I wouldn't accept an offer even if I received it regardless of the compensation package because if this is any indication of the company, I'm staying far far far away! Recommendations - provide your recruiting staff some training on professionalism and proper communication.

Interview Questions

• What kind of company was "xyz" on your resume.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions.

Interview

Phone screen with 2 HR persons; in person interview with 3 staff members on the following week. Each person spent about 40 minutes asking various questions about background, skills, expectations.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter rather quickly. Scheduled a phone interview within the week. Was sent a banking test program to complete. Which was easy enough. I did not know what to specifically prepare for during the interview. Was asked both front end and back end questions.

Interview Questions

• What is inheritance?   Answer Question
    • Program or psudocode: if number is divisible by 2, print acumen. If number is divisible by 3, print solutions. If number is divisible by 2 and 3, print acumen solutions   Answer Question

Senior Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (Vienna, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. got a call from HR for a phone screen about a week later. I was then called in for in person interviews a week later and heard the decision 4 days later. Overall the process was very smooth and quick. My in person interviews were with 3 people - first was with a product manager and this was a case problem. It tested your PM skills and client management skills. There were some follow up questions based on my responses followed by 10 minutes for me to ask them my questions. The second was with another consultant - this focused on my past experiences and consultant skills. the third was with a consultant as well. overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Case question - how would you handle a situation where the project budget is at its end and the client is requesting additional requirements close to go live?   Answer Question

Senior Contracts Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions.

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview. She then called me at the scheduled time and we went over my resume, and what Acumen Solutions was seeking in the candidates. She asked basic questions, such as why do I want to work for Acumen Solutions, as well as questions about my prior employer/jobs and how I became a contracts administrator.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) certification?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions.

Interview

I was emailed by their recruiter and setup a phone interview. The phone interview process was very straightforward. She went over my resume and asked questions regarding my experiences with my last two companies. No technical questions.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online got a call from the HR which was straight forward. Then a phone interview mostly on what I worked and questions related to my resume. Then couple of rounds of in person interview. Which went pretty well. I accepted the offer.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions.

Interview

Applied through campus, got interview a few days after. I interviewed with three people - one HR, vice president and the president of the company in one day. Mainly about my former experience.

Early start date

Internal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions.

Interview

one interview day with three stakeholders, call back interview with business unit leader

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stressful and frustrating because they hadn't clearly defined the role and level. Acumen hires for a certain success profile, and now that I'm here, I understand and appreciate it, but at the time I perceived them to be slightly disorganized and indecisive. Applicants should be comfortable with ambiguity and interested in not being hired for a specific well-defined role. If you want to have options and make opportunities for yourself, you can do that here. If you like structure, or want to do the same thing everyday, don't apply.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA).

Interview

3-4

Interview Questions

• How will you help clients navigate to a right cloud product decision without sacrificing any specific business requirements?   Answer Question

It was not competitive from salary perspective; Didn't have a good experience overall with the recruiting team. Recruiter assigned was indifferent and some what just following the rule book rather than trying to sell me the company