Acxiom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.7

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Acxiom (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview with 5 people that lasted a little over an hour

Interview Questions

• Questions were about previous experience and interest in the job   Answer Question

Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Acxiom (Foster City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter, who then arranged fora phone interview with another recruiter at Acxiom. After clearing this interview, i was scheduled for another phone interview with the Hiring Manager. On the day of the interview i got no call from the Manager! I was surprised and contacted the 2nd recruiter to understand if the position was still open or closed. This recruiter had no idea what had happenend, but was very honest and contacted me back again after couple of days and rescheduled the interview with Hiring Manager. Then i was called for an onsite interview with Hiring Manager. I was expecting to meet others on the team, but it was just this 1 person.Anyway, the interview went well, i was asked relevant questions around Software QA Management, process and Test Automation experience. After couple of days i got a call from recruiter saying i was very close, but they made an offer to another person for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach for building test automation on 1. New product, 2. Existing Products   Answer Question

Digital Solutions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Acxiom (Foster City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

A recruiter found me on Monster and sent me a description of the role and a questionnaire. I filled it out and sent it to her, but no response! I would've appreciated some feedback, even if just to say that they weren't interested. A little strange that she reached out to me first but oh well.

Interview Questions

• Given a scenario with multiple circumstances, compose an example email to a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Rate yourself 1-10 on marketing/advertising experience, problem solving, client management, e-marketing, time management, and Excel.   Answer Question
    • What type of teammate would compliment your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your work was done for the day?   Answer Question
    • How would you define a good work ethic?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Acxiom in September 2012.

Interview

A very quick turnaround. I submitted my application by internet on Friday evening, received a request for interview on the Monday. 1st interview was conducted on the Tuesday, and by the following Monday I had been made a verbal offer. Three interviews conducted by phone. 1st with in-house HR Recruiter. 2nd with Hiring Manager. 3rd with Hiring Manager's boss. All interviews about an hour. Very thorough. Interviewers were very attentive and explained the role well. They all took questions and were engaging. A very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How long will it take you to "get up to speed".   1 Answer
    • I was then pressed with the same question "How long will it take you to "get up to speed".   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated rate and was able to obtain my minimum requirement. Unable to negotiate a 6-month review for increased pay. Learned later that the company hadn't increased salaries of employees for the previous 7 years.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acxiom in August 2012.

Interview

One phone and onsite! Talk to many people some question are good some are bad, god I just want to write 30 words to unblock my self from reading other comments

Vmware/Linux Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Acxiom (Harrison, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

1) Initially had a telephonic interview. A panel of 3 people took my telephonic interview. The interview was all about my previous work experience 2) Then we did the technical round. I was informed that they would get back to me after the technical round 3) Next round involved a skype interview and that was technical too following by a manager round. After 10 days i got an offer

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult environment in which you worked ?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Acxiom (Conway, AR) in June 2012.

Interview

Minimum questions, easy interview - hiring manager in IT are not very knowledgable of what is allowed during an interview. Management waits to hire people until projects are failing. Hiring managers are not educated on interview processes / questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Acxiom (Little Rock, AR) in March 2012.

Interview

Lot's of administrative processes, but interviews are straightforward. They definitely know what they are looking for and are direct about hiring for that skill set. Be prepared for a quick decision.

Interview Questions

• No crazy questions. Just questions on experience and qualifications.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Acxiom (Little Rock, AR) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied for a business analyst position through my university career website. Got a call at 9:30 pm on a Sunday that they were interested in interviewing me. I was invited to a meeting for technical recruits that went a lot like a shareholders meeting. A recruiter discussed the direction of the company, and alluded to a major expansion in the works. The next day I interviewed with someone from the department in which I would work. He was very much interested in my understanding of technical language and my ability to translate for business people. There were no "gotcha" questions to be had, and it genuinely felt like a conversation. He did press me a couple of times to be more detailed or to expand on a few ideas. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, then I was sent back to my original recruiter contact. She said she would be in touch, and now I'm waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me how you would go about developing an in-house ERP system for the company."   Answer Question
    • "Explain what kind of information I would be looking for in a requirements gathering situation."   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Acxiom (Conway, AR) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed twice for separate positions. The technical writer interview consisted of multiple persons (nine?) on the "team" within a conference room. Aside from the awkward conferencing of 3 people via phone, the interview was quite uncomfortable due to the effort, or lack thereof, members engaging in the interview process, whether by body-language or physical appearance by participants on the team, All preparation went down the drain wanting to excuse non-participants from the interview. If this was considered a "test" to see how one performs under pressure, it was horribly, choreographed. Never had a follow-up, wasn't expected. Second interview, one year later for Team Leader, consisted of two individuals, the Manager of team leaders and the exiting team leader. Very laid back, very comfortable. Not in a conference room, more like a lounge. Offered the position but declined, transition was not financially lucrative.

Interview Questions

• Technical Writer- In referencing my resume, asked why I would hold a position in which I was overqualified (question posed by individual not wanting to be there)...Answer- "Just graduated college; needed experience, insurance,and to be a productive member of society." Team Leader- It was such a casual conversation with the two interviewers, I really didn't think I was going to be offered the position, so I was able to be myself and chalk it up to experience.   1 Answer

Team Leader offer was for 55k, expected more.