Acxiom

2.7

Vmware/Linux Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Acxiom in July 2012.

1) Initially had a telephonic interview. A panel of 3 people took my telephonic interview. The interview was all about my previous work experience
    2) Then we did the technical round. I was informed that they would get back to me after the technical round
    3) Next round involved a skype interview and that was technical too following by a manager round. After 10 days i got an offer

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult environment in which you worked ?   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Acxiom in June 2012.

Minimum questions, easy interview - hiring manager in IT are not very knowledgable of what is allowed during an interview. Management waits to hire people until projects are failing. Hiring managers are not educated on interview processes / questions.

None

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Acxiom in March 2012.

Lot's of administrative processes, but interviews are straightforward. They definitely know what they are looking for and are direct about hiring for that skill set. Be prepared for a quick decision.

Interview Questions
    • No crazy questions. Just questions on experience and qualifications.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Acxiom in February 2012.

Applied for a business analyst position through my university career website. Got a call at 9:30 pm on a Sunday that they were interested in interviewing me. I was invited to a meeting for technical recruits that went a lot like a shareholders meeting. A recruiter discussed the direction of the company, and alluded to a major expansion in the works. The next day I interviewed with someone from the department in which I would work. He was very much interested in my understanding of technical language and my ability to translate for business people. There were no "gotcha" questions to be had, and it genuinely felt like a conversation. He did press me a couple of times to be more detailed or to expand on a few ideas. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, then I was sent back to my original recruiter contact. She said she would be in touch, and now I'm waiting for a response.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me how you would go about developing an in-house ERP system for the company."   Answer Question
    • "Explain what kind of information I would be looking for in a requirements gathering situation."   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Acxiom in November 2011.

Interviewed twice for separate positions. The technical writer interview consisted of multiple persons (nine?) on the "team" within a conference room. Aside from the awkward conferencing of 3 people via phone, the interview was quite uncomfortable due to the effort, or lack thereof, members engaging in the interview process, whether by body-language or physical appearance by participants on the team, All preparation went down the drain wanting to excuse non-participants from the interview. If this was considered a "test" to see how one performs under pressure, it was horribly, choreographed. Never had a follow-up, wasn't expected.
    Second interview, one year later for Team Leader, consisted of two individuals, the Manager of team leaders and the exiting team leader. Very laid back, very comfortable. Not in a conference room, more like a lounge. Offered the position but declined, transition was not financially lucrative.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Writer- In referencing my resume, asked why I would hold a position in which I was overqualified (question posed by individual not wanting to be there)...Answer- "Just graduated college; needed experience, insurance,and to be a productive member of society."
      Team Leader- It was such a casual conversation with the two interviewers, I really didn't think I was going to be offered the position, so I was able to be myself and chalk it up to experience.

View Answer

Team Leader offer was for 55k, expected more.

Solution Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Acxiom in October 2011.

One round of phone interview. Asked questions about SDLC and SQL and prior job experience. Offered a job next day. Quite an easy interview. It was a 4 person phone interview. The recruiter contacted me with an offer the next day.

Associate Digital Solutions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Acxiom in October 2011.

Email from recruiter in Arkansas on a Thursday, spoke with her Friday, setup interview for Monday, Tuesday email reply "not interested." Did they even review my background? The last time I checked companies don't work that fast.

Met with 3 people, all account managers. Pretty laid back interview process. Basic questions, how to deal with time management, being detail oriented, dealing with tight deadlines. The office was fairly new looking, however I waited for over 10 minutes for the receptionist to come back to her desk to check-in.

After reading a lot of the reviews from employees, its difficult to figure out the management structure of the company due to the nature of business. Which comes to mind, what does this company do? Good luck trying to review their website, its like reading a textbook with no real examples to show for. They explained that I would be working with in-house marketing teams from other companies (GAP, AT&T, Intuit?) The associate account manager couldn't even tell me how the consulting department is integrated into the account management process.

Interview Questions
    • If you had 500,000 email subscribers, then suddenly lost 100,000 the next day how would you attack this problem?   View Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Acxiom in August 2011.

This was a horrible experience. The interview process consisted of 6 telephone interviews that lasted about 45 minutes each. I was finally granted a face to ace interview. The email listed the company on the 3 floor. When I arrived to the 3rd floor it was a beautiful suite of empty offices. T walked down the hall to another company and ask the receptionist if she knew where Acxiom was located, She directed me to the send floor. There I saw a handwritten sign with the company name. I looked through the glass panel and the office was almost dark and no one was it the receptionist desk. I rang the door bell and a man let me in and directed me to the manager. This was a little scary, because there was no lights on and at least 20-25 empty cubical s. There where 2 women sitting near the window- (which was the only light in the whole area.) They looked miserable. I meet with the hiring manager after asking me the same questions she asked during the telephone interview. She wanted to schedule another telephone interview! When I returned home I sent the corporate office email stating I was no longer interested in their company. In my opinion, this is a company that should be investigated very careful, before submitting to their time consuming interviewing process. It pretty scary when a company does not use or have proper lighting, cool water or air conditioning.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question concerning a previous position on my resume. The interviewer asked why did I accept a position that was beneath me.   View Answer

I decline because I felt this location may not survive.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Acxiom in July 2011.

I applied online, and then was contacted by a recruiter who had me answer a questionnaire/pre-screen asking me to rank my skills in certain areas, provide a sample email to the client, and answer a few questions. I received an offer to interview a couple weeks later and then met with the team and had a group interview with two people asking pretty basic questions about my experience and skills. Two days later I had an offer.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Acxiom in July 2011.

Easy - referral from a friend. They get a bonus $1,000.00 to refer, so they happen often.
    The questions were not brain busters - They're looking for personalities and passion rather than someone who is actually qualified - which can be seen as a positive and negative - but there has to be a balance.

Interview Questions
    • None. Just be prepared and ask them intelligent questions... they like that.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Background check - normal. Drug test - okaaay I suppose to be on the safe side. Credit Check - really?