Acxiom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Solutions Coordinator Interview

Digital Solutions Coordinator
Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Acxiom in January 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter found me on Monster and sent me a description of the role and a questionnaire. I filled it out and sent it to her, but no response! I would've appreciated some feedback, even if just to say that they weren't interested. A little strange that she reached out to me first but oh well.

Interview Questions

• Given a scenario with multiple circumstances, compose an example email to a coworker.   Answer Question
  • Rate yourself 1-10 on marketing/advertising experience, problem solving, client management, e-marketing, time management, and Excel.   Answer Question
  • What type of teammate would compliment your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if your work was done for the day?   Answer Question
  • How would you define a good work ethic?   Answer Question

Unknown - (Even the Interviewers Didn't Know) Interview

Unknown - (Even the Interviewers Didn't Know)
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Acxiom.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter that they were hiring for multiple positions. I had ~5 rounds of phone interviews. Almost all interviewers were at least 10 min late, 1 of them canceled multiple times ( with <1 hr notice) before finally talking to me. After all this time their HR never even had the professional courtesy to call back and close the loop even after I contacted the recruiter who initiated the process to understand where they were with the process. Overall a very unprofessional and unpleasant experience. I am glad things did not progress as I can only guess how employees would be treated in this environment!

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Acxiom in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was simple with a single interview in front of a board of 2 - 3 persons. Hiring includes drug, credit and background checks. This takes about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – How would you fix a failing project.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Test Manager Interview

Test Manager
Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Acxiom in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Recruiter, who then arranged fora phone interview with another recruiter at Acxiom. After clearing this interview, i was scheduled for another phone interview with the Hiring Manager. On the day of the interview i got no call from the Manager! I was surprised and contacted the 2nd recruiter to understand if the position was still open or closed. This recruiter had no idea what had happenend, but was very honest and contacted me back again after couple of days and rescheduled the interview with Hiring Manager. Then i was called for an onsite interview with Hiring Manager. I was expecting to meet others on the team, but it was just this 1 person.Anyway, the interview went well, i was asked relevant questions around Software QA Management, process and Test Automation experience. After couple of days i got a call from recruiter saying i was very close, but they made an offer to another person for the job.

Interview Question – What is your approach for building test automation on 1. New product, 2. Existing Products   Answer Question

Associate Digital Solutions Coordinator Interview

Associate Digital Solutions Coordinator
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Acxiom in October 2011.

Interview Details – Email from recruiter in Arkansas on a Thursday, spoke with her Friday, setup interview for Monday, Tuesday email reply "not interested." Did they even review my background? The last time I checked companies don't work that fast.

Met with 3 people, all account managers. Pretty laid back interview process. Basic questions, how to deal with time management, being detail oriented, dealing with tight deadlines. The office was fairly new looking, however I waited for over 10 minutes for the receptionist to come back to her desk to check-in.

After reading a lot of the reviews from employees, its difficult to figure out the management structure of the company due to the nature of business. Which comes to mind, what does this company do? Good luck trying to review their website, its like reading a textbook with no real examples to show for. They explained that I would be working with in-house marketing teams from other companies (GAP, AT&T, Intuit?) The associate account manager couldn't even tell me how the consulting department is integrated into the account management process.

Interview Question – If you had 500,000 email subscribers, then suddenly lost 100,000 the next day how would you attack this problem?   View Answer

Search Manager Interview

Search Manager
Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Acxiom in January 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter from and outside company gave me a phone interview which was successful. I had another phone interview which seemed to be successful with the corporate recruiter from Acxiom. Another interview with the corporate recruiter from Acxiomfollowed which was made via an email. It was basically a list of questions to which I replied. Then they scheduled a phone interview with me a few times, and I'm not sure what happened but I never received a phone call or an email telling me that they had canceled the interview. Then I followed up with an email to show my interest and persistence for the position after the last undisclosed canceled interview. They replied and told the interview with me had been put on hold and that they had identified another candidate for the position and they would keep me "posted along the way". I emailed back and thanked the corporate recruiter for the update and also said that I hoped they find what they were looking for in a very polite manner.

Interview Question – 1. What are you looking for in a new role?   View Answer

Worked for Acxiom? Contribute to the Community!