AdMedia

www.admedia.com

AdMedia Interview Questions

4.0

Office Assistant Interview

Applied online through my alma mater's career portal. An HR assistant got back to me relatively quickly with several times and days available to interview. She mentioned a title for the position that differed from the one I applied for, but I thought nothing of it because I assumed she made a typo or perhaps the job had different titles (it happens) Went to their headquarters, first thing I noticed was that it super-quiet and eerie, like no one worked there. Head of HR comes and gets me for interview, takes my paper application (which I had to download, fill out, and print from home - and basically had the same info that was on my resume) She curtly looks at it, is confused, and says to herself "I thought we took this position down" (they didn't, and took several weeks after the "interview" to do so) She says that she thought she was interviewing me for a sales position, and I asked if I could interview for that instead. She said no, that I wasn't qualified, and that I should have "asked her assistant for clarification" considering that the job titles were different (basically, she blamed me for her assistant's mistake) Complete waste of my time.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online – interviewed at AdMedia in June 2013.

The woman from HR was completely unprepared. She could not answer any questions about the company, its business model or even name one of their clients. Not only was she ignorant of the role and company itself but she was also quite rude and abrasive.

Honestly she represented herself and Admedia very poorly. I told her I was no longer interested and left.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me how long it would take to write "something". She was not able to say what that "something' would be or if any research would be required.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AdMedia in June 2012.

Got a call to come in an interview. I was interviewed by a women from the HR department. She asked a few questions about my work history and my background in sales. The questions were pretty generic and straight forward. After the interview, she said she would call back in a few days on whether I received the position or not.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AdMedia in May 2012.

The interview process included a full day of multiple tests - everything from IQ to Email etiquette, grammar, math, and more. I was offered the position on the spot, and then immediately started two weeks of training. It was VERY rigorous training, including creating and presenting a business model based on two books we had to read... only three of the four of the trainees came out with a full-time offer.

Interview Questions
    • They are looking for smart, dedicated employees, which was, in retrospect, part of why the interviewing and training processes were so rigorous. The most difficult part of the training was actually putting the knowledge to action during the business model project. Without the training, I would be lost, and I completely understand why they implemented everything that was involved in training.   Answer Question

Entry-level Data Entry Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AdMedia.

I received an email from an employee about 3 weeks after I applied saying they would like to have me come in for an interview. I then received an email with a packet of forms that needed to be filled out and then printed and brought in, the fact that an online ad company required me to bring in paper copies of an application was annoying, but I looked past it. The email also stated that the interview process could take up to 2 hours for questions and testing.

The HR person interviewing me seemed like she had no idea what she was doing. She asked me to tell her about myself, a standard first question, but that was the only normal part of the interview. After I answered she asked if I have any questions, a weird time for that but ok. I proceed to ask what the office environment is like, and she couldn't answer, her only reply was "what do you mean?" I then asked "what is the most important value to the company and how does your work reflect it?" Again, she couldn't answer.

She then asked if I had time to take some tests. Keep in mind I applied for an "entry-level data entry" position, and they had me taking accounting principle tests and accounting exams. I have a business degree, so this was not a problem, it just seemed odd for a data entry position. After I completed the tests, she gave me an overview of the position, and they basically wanted someone to do high level accounting work, but pay them $10 an hour for "data-entry."

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were the ones on the tests that asked obscure dates about when accounting laws were passed. It was like being back in school.   Answer Question