Adams 12 Five Star Schools

Adams 12 Five Star Schools Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Adams 12 Five Star Schools

Teacher Interview

Teachers who have been displaced (low enrollment in their school, etc) within the system are supposed to be first on the list to be hired in another school but still have to be interviewed. Interview with principal and other chosen teachers. It is possible it can be fair, but more likely the principal controls the entire process and does what he/she wants (or more likely what the upper administration is directing them to do. It is a very political, upper administration driven environment now).

No negotiation

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Adams 12 Five Star Schools in January 2009.

I was contacted for the position through a recruiting agency who conducted an initial phone interview. After the phone interview I was given a test prepared by a 3rd party testing agency that was very similar to some of the certification tests given my Microsoft. I was given a second skill-set test consisting of ~15 questions written by current staff addressing real world problems and issues. The answers here were free-form leaving plenty of room to do it your own way, I focused my answers on consistent and best practices as well as speed. The final interview was on-site with a panel of current employees and managers. Topics ranged from technical questions to personal and ran about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the challenges and advantages of using a clustered environment.   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Adams 12 Five Star Schools.

Complete application and upload resume and letters of recommendation online using Peoplesoft. Applications are screened by system and then by hiring manager. Interviews are done by committee using a rating system. Questions are established by schools. Often, the schools already have in mind who they plan to hire and the process is a waste of time, but required. Good ole boys network, not always the most qualified applicant is hired.

Interview Questions