Adaptable Business Concepts

Updated Sep 24, 2014
Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.1

Entry Level PR Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adaptable Business Concepts in September 2014.

First round interview was very brief. Didn't go into resume in detail. Didn't seem to have a genuine interest in my background. Interviewer didn't seem to be listening to what I was saying. Just asking questions off of a list.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer to be behind a desk or interacting with people?   Answer Question

Wasn't impressed. Not a place for a college graduate

Entry Level Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Adaptable Business Concepts in July 2014.

I was contacted by their HR after putting my resume up on several well-known job sites and search engines. Their HR representative said they were expanding into the philadelphia area and had reviewed my qualifications and thought I would be a great fit. I scheduled an interview, went in, interviewed with Jim and made a great first impression. They requested I come back for a second round interview later on that same week. This time, it was more of a one on one interview that is conducted in a more relaxed environment. I interviewed with Parys, who was sweet and personable. She wanted to take the interview to Panera bread, she drove us in her car, and insisted on treating me to a smoothie. After going over the company structure, promotions, payment options, compensation amounts, etc, the interview was concluded and we made small talk back to the main office. Back at the main office, I was asked to fill out an evaluation form, based on my experience being interviewed there, as well as my assessment of Parys, (she is an account manager ... one level above entry level and part of her new responsibilities associated with that job title is assisting in incoming employee interviews). After submitting my evaluation, I was called into the office again, Parys came in, and I was told that i made a great impression on everybody, and that everybody was confident about my abilities and what i could bring to the company and while they said they couldnt formally offer me a position at the company until my background check and drug test cleared, but that they would like to offer me a position at their company.

Interview Questions
    • If I could pick any kind of animal, which would i be, and why?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Promotion and money made is really based on self performance and excelling.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adaptable Business Concepts in February 2014.

Simple, management clearly knows what they are looking for and they did a very good job of laying out all options prior to bringing me on board. Nothing was hidden. First impression was that they clearly have a passion of working with people and they exude total confidence in answering questions with honesty and integrity.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected or difficult, but since this job entails 90% of working with all different kinds of people, if one doesn't have any experience in that area, questions of leadership may come as a surprise.   Answer Question
    Compensation plan is pretty straight forward, no negotiating, either base or all commission

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adaptable Business Concepts in January 2014.

I have been applying for jobs regularly since graduating this past may. Most of the companies I have applied to have taken quite a while to get back to me let alone schedule an interview.

My experience here was quite refreshing. I was emailed the very next day after sending my resume to let me know my resume was received and was under consideration, later on that same day I was called to schedule an interview (they worked around my schedule as much as possible) and I interviewed later in the week.

The interview itself was a positive experience I was nervous walking in the big office building (not having a lot of interviewing practice under my belt just yet) but as I walked in the office the staff made me feel comfortable quickly. I was expecting a cold stuffy feel and it was the opposite, the interview with the hiring manager was professional but also laid back at the same time. I felt like a learned about the company and the position and even though the interview itself was brief it didn’t feel rushed (even though I could tell they had other applicants waiting to interview as well) After the interview was over they told me when I could expect to hear back if they wanted to continue the interview process (later in the week not to bad) All and all one of the better interviewing experiences I’ve had thus far.

Interview Questions
    • they asked quite about about my prior work experience.   Answer Question

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Adaptable Business Concepts in January 2014.

Contacted because I had my resume posted on CareerBuilder.com. This company, as well as the many like it, seek out resume's of people who work at restaurants and a recently graduated from college. They bring you into the office where the cheerful receptionist talks to you the whole time, and you sit with the other potential job applicants. You are then brought into the office, and "interviewed" by someone who tells you the massive amount of potential earnings you can make by working for the company. They tell you they work with a lot of different companies, but it is door-to-door sales for Verizon.

Interview Questions
    • "What is one thing you can tell me about yourself that I cannot tell from your resume?"   Answer Question

I have worked for a company like this before, and cannot support myself on 100% commission based door-to-door sales.

Entry Level/Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adaptable Business Concepts in October 2013.

The interview Experience was good, I was impressed with how quick they responded during the interview process. It was a through process but I was glad to be kept in the loop at each step of the way.
    A few of the other company’s I was interviewing with at the time really left me hanging.

Interview Questions
    • I could tell a lot of the questions were to get a feel for my commination skills and character. Instead of asking a million questions just for the sake of asking, they seemed to really want to get to know me.   Answer Question

Sales/Marketing Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Adaptable Business Concepts.

Preliminary phone interview, which is really just a chance to explain the job description for the sales/marketing account team member/manager. You quickly learn that this is job involves door-to-door sales. The phone interview is really just a brief screening of applicants, just to make sure that they want to actually apply to this job -- and aren't waisting everyones time by moving forward with interviews without understanding the company. If you are still interested in the company, then you schedule the first face to face interview.

The first round of interviews is very quick and simple - you fill out a questionnaire regarding availability, hours, preferences, etc and then sit down with one of the managers for a very general interview. It is just a chance for them to explain the company, the job itself, and the interview process to you in depth - and then ask a few simple questions about work history and characteristics that might make you a good candidate for this position

The second round of interviews is more in depth, and gets more involved - and the third interview is really a training session or a "shadowing" day.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer a desk job or an active job?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adaptable Business Concepts in June 2012.

I was called by the recruiter. She asked me if marketing/sales were something I would be interested in. I had a one on one interview with the co-owner, after which I was called back for the second interview. This was a shadow interview and lasted from 1 to 8. They were very nice and they were very straightforward about this being a sales job.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adaptable Business Concepts in April 2012.

Asked question regarding past work on resume and asked to describe personality. Did not ask technical questions

No benefits

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Adaptable Business Concepts in January 2012.

I was contacted by a very nice recruiter thru craigslist which seemed sketchy to begin with. I was then scheduled for an appointment with 3 other people scheduled at the same time. While i was there the HR person was on the phone with at least 3 other people setting up interviews. I got a call back after the first day an hour after the interview to come in for a second interview. The 2nd interview consisted of a ride along which was very informative. The people seemed great and very positive and upbeat. However door to door sales is not what i was looking for especially untill 7:30 at night monday thru sat.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that I wouldn't be able to tell from your resume?   View Answer