Addepar Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Addepar (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

1 screening phone interview with the team member. Then given a case study and had to submit my analysis. Following That was conversation with another product manager and some follow up questions on my case study. Then on-campus interview with 5 people. None of the interviews asked about my prior experience. Most of the interviews were design chAllenges. It was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Addepar in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received an email from a recruiter a month and a half later thanking me for applying for a job that I didn't apply for. Soon after another email followed with the correct job I had applied for to set up an interview. The sloppiness of the recruiter was a pretty big red flag but I scheduled an interview anyway. I had a 45 minute interview with two junior employees which I thought was odd. They called on time and I had a good interview, we talked through my experience and work and at the conclusion of the interview I was invited to fly out for a product demo and to interview with the senior staff and told they would have the recruiter coordinate. A week and a half later I received a genetic rejection email, I inquired as to whether this was correct but received no response. Besides the blatant lack of professional respect Addepar exhibited they seem to not really have it together, I don't think I would have accepted an offer had they made one given that and the reputation of low salaries. I think this is a company good for entry level workers fresh out of school but that a experienced professional would gain more elsewhere.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Addepar.

Interview

Pretty standard process ... couple of pre-screens and then flew me out to Mountain View. 5-6 interviews (1 was write code on a laptop, 1 was debug code on a laptop, 1 systems design, and 2-3 standard algo questions on a whiteboard). Super smart team. Feedback was super quick (less than 1-2 day turnaround at every stage). Interview difficulty was probably a notch harder than Facebook, Palantir, etc ... (but absolutely no trick questions -- standard stuff any software engineer should know).

Interview Questions

• Same 5-6 concepts tested in every software engineering interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Can't discuss numbers but let's just say I had offers from several tier-1 public ($100BB+) tech companies, and Addepar beat on both cash and equity components. Offers are non-negotiable (basically they make a fair offer to start rather than playing the stupid game of coming 25% under and then playing chicken). They're also very understanding with giving you time (within reason) to make a descision (unlike 99% of tech companies who want an answer yesterday).

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Addepar (Mountain View, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat formal, with two 1:1 interviews and an onsite visit. Staff was extremely nice and professional. I had the impression all interviewers were very good, friendly and very well prepared. The image I got is of a very good place to work. During the onsite I got the feeling of a kind of start-up culture : the atmosphere over there is fantastic.

Interview Questions

• Standard technical questions along with questions aimed at evaluating company fit, team fit - candidate presentation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Addepar (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Recruiter reached back in a couple of days. Scheduled a phone interview directly Cleared the first phone round and was followed by another phone round . Couldn't clear the second phone round

Interview Questions

• 1) Design a reconciliation system for trades booked in a day 2) Given an array, find first instance of local maxima ( greater than both the left and right elements in an array )   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Addepar (Mountain View, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was quickly contacted by a recruiter. There were two rounds of phone interviews followed by a full day of on-site interviews at their Mountain View office. The on-site interviews consisted of two algorithms / general math puzzles interviews, one coding interview (coding on an actual machine under supervision), and a system design interview. I got the offer within a week of interviewing. Turn-around time was extremely fast, and the recruiter was extremely helpful and prompt. I immensely enjoyed interviewing at Addepar. They have some extremely bright and enthusiastic people working for them, and the office looked like a fun and happy place to work at. I can only see bright things in their future.

Interview Questions

• In an array you have all the numbers from 1 through n (not in order) with one number missing. Find that number. Now, you have two numbers missing. Find both the numbers. Notes: O(n) time solution, O(1) extra space. n may be very large, so beware of overflows!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Addepar.

Interview

Apply online and receive interview offer just one week later. It's really hard for me to communicate via phone since it's my first phone interview ever. I mess up with the series on the first question, nail the first easy part of second question and give a try one the later, not sure it's good enough for them.

Interview Questions

• Given n competitors, what is the minimum match to decide winners ? Find a missing number from 1 -> n. What if there are 2 missing numbers ?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Addepar.

Interview

After apply online one week, got response to arrange a phone interview. In the phone interview, first answered a few behavior questions. Then have an exam of technical questions. The whole process is not too long, but challenging.

Sales Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Addepar (Mountain View, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

First a phone screen, few days after another phone screen. Recruiter was fast in scheduling, than a quick follow up for an on site - 5 hour 1:1 interview. Didn't get the schedule until the day prior. Went in very excited, left feeling like people were worn out and overworked. My sense was of a tense organization, even though the perks sounded really great. Got a canned email response from a recruiter as to why no offer.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Addepar.

Interview

Process was good overall, they really cared about financial investment knowledge/background for this role, which i didn't really anticipate based on job description, so wasn't really prepared to answer. Everyone was pretty clear and logical that i talked to, was a pretty easy flowing conversation. Phone interview was 30 minutes. Asked about experience working with large data sets for data integration responsibilities, and my technical background, but overall it's not clear how much tech skills really matter -- financial back ground really seemed paramount.