Addison Design

Candidate Interview Review

Information Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Addison Design in September 2012.

I had 1 or 2 interviews with the design director and the head of the department (I can't remember if I had 1 or 2). We mainly looked through my portfolio and talked about my work experience. The vibe was very friendly and relaxed. Then I met with the other designers alone so we could talk about what it's like working there. (I knew some of the designers personally from college also).

For the last step of the process, I met with Roger, the CEO. The design director gave me a few tips before I met with him, saying that conversations with him can turn awkward if you bring up certain topics, so I should steer clear of them. (haha!) It seemed like the design director was trying to nurture me and shield me from the more senior, more frightening leadership, which I appreciated. Roger is perfectly nice, I only met with him for a few minutes. He's much more corporately/businessly inclined than the design team, so be prepared for a more traditional interview with him.

Interview Questions
    • The CEO asked me one of those cliche business questions "where do you want to be in 5 years?"   View Answer
    They asked me how much I wanted to make during the last interview with the CEO. They sent an offer in writing which was within the range I asked for, I asked for 2k more and Roger said no :(