Addus Healthcare Agency Director Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.5

Agency Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Addus Healthcare (Smyrna, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the Agency Director position in Atlanta, GA. Based on the job description and skillset requirements I was completely qualified for the job. I interviewed with the executive recruiter who was wonderful. She was knowledge able and had a very good understanding of the interview process and communicated with me very well throughout the process. I interview with the Regional Director (The person that would be my boss) and she loved me. We had a great connection and understanding of the company needs for the office. She understood very well that employee relations were at the forefront of the issues for that office and that they need to be addressed. Everything went down hill when I interviewed with the COO Maxine Hochhauser. As a COO of a healthcare company she was NOT, in the least bit impressive. She began with the company in December of 2014 and may be a liability for Addus Healthcare. She lacks the ability to connect with people. As an example, I was out of town for my brother's funeral and she wanted to speak with me the DAY of the funeral. Of course I am not fully connected because of the situation. I expressed the desire to reschedule our interview call, but she explained that she was too busy to reschedule. Why would I want to work for a company like that? In addition to her rudeness, she operated on the call as if she already had someone else in mind that SHE wanted to hire, instead of considering what may be best for Addus. She wanted me to focus on sales, but why would you focus on sales when your problem as a location is losing existing members because of employee issues. You MUST first fix you internal problems before attempting to add to your member base. In closing, I work for another healthcare company that uses Addus for business, and I have the power of influence when it comes to who we use as a client to handle our patients. I WILL be redirecting our resources elsewhere to companies that really want to help our healthcare members.

Interview Questions

• What are the primary issues for Addus that you can Identity?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Addus Healthcare

Agency Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Addus Healthcare in November 2011.

Interview

I had 4 interviews that spanned over 3 months. The HR coordinator's screening interview was first and she also handled the details of the process (which were handled VERY poorly). Over time (3mths) I had 3 other interviews with the Regional Director, The VP of Home & Community and the COO. These interviews ranged from 1hr to 1.5 hours long and each person began theri questioning by asking me "Given your education and background experience, WHY DO YOU WANT THIS JOB?" In between interviews, I was asked to take 2 different online assessments. I NEVER spoke to anyone face-to-face. I was asked to provide references, which the HR person asked ME to contact and arrange times for HER to question them, then FAILED to uphold those times. The paperwork and details were shoddy and unorganized, to say the least and later my benefits would end up being severely mishandled.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me where I should start and how I shoudl go about building the market in your metro area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not really a true negotiation. I was TOLD that (after discussion with the regional director) the budget would not allow for me to be offered a salary that was/is average ($65K). I later came to find out, that this discussion never actually took place and that the budgetary contraintswould likely not EVER be overcome.