Adecco

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Adecco in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed face to face by my now team leader and the overall manager of the department. Interview questions ranged from full comptency based questions with little or no probing to generic questions with no relevance such as 'I see from your CV that you have managed teams before, this role involves no people management - how do you feel about that'....to 'we do things differently around here, we don't follow good practice as such, how do you feel about that'.
After the interview I then delivered a training session to my team members who then also interviewed me and grilled me at length about gaps on my CV.
Prepare for a varierty fo questions, interviewing is an art, which some employers don't have this skill, prepare for full competency based questions as well as generic questions that don't add any value.

Interview Question – I see that you work at the CIPD as a tutor, we don't follow good practice here how do you feel about that.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was prepared to negotiate however the offer was higher than advertised, so I accepted. I did attempt to negotiate on other T&Cs but was flatly told no. Think about where you are in your career right at this minute and can you compromise on areas of the offer when you break it all down.

Human Resources

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Adecco in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was initiated by a highly regarded search firm. The structure of the day wasn't optimal - 6 one-hour interviews back to back, 2 of which were by telephone. No explanation was given as to why these interviewers were selected (they all had unrelated responsibilities). By the time pleasantries were exchanged, and basic questions were asked, it was time to move on to the next interviewer. Therefore there was little if any opportunity to ask any questions. I could never get any clear answer on why the role was open, what the expectations were, or what the future path could be. It was as they didn't really know what they were looking for, and the interviewers hadn't spoken (or even knew each other well) in advance of the meetings. (Some of the interviewers even contradicted each other regarding roles/responsibilities.) Nice and gracious people, but didn't get a sense they knew what they were doing, or why.

Interview Question – What experience do you have as a spokesperson for an industry?   Answer Question

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Adecco in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was easy. The interviewers were very personable and great to work with. They communicated everything effectively and provided me with all of the information necessary. I recommend working here.

Interview Question – Have you ever been in a situation where you felt your employer was doing something unethical? What did you do?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Adecco

Worked for Adecco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adecco Human Resources interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Adecco employees and interview candidates.