Adecco USA

2.5

Client Relationship Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Adecco USA.

Initial phone interview with Director of National COM, followed by a panel interview. Thought provoking questions mostly about previous experience, successes and client relationships. The questions were not difficult - they were neutral. Definitely be ready to walk them through your resume.

Interview Questions
    • how would you describe the best and worst managers you have ever had?   Answer Question
    Do your homework regarding the company prior to interviewing. Come in prepared and ready to sell yourself to 4-5 different managers and 1 equal. They're willing to give a shot to the ideal candidate. Starts as temp to perm no matter what

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinellas Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinellas Park, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Adecco USA in October 2014.

Background check & I9 Paperwork completion this was the easiest interview I have even been on although there was a mix-up with my social information ( my fault though ) all and all it went very well! No complaints from me!

Interview Questions
    • not having a set schedule are you okay with working as needed   View Answer

Accounts Payable Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Adecco USA.

The interview was easy and got the job the same day. I was trained very well for my initial position at the company.The seven and a half years that I spent with the company was a good preperation for my next career path,

Associate Interview

10 years of Customer Service and Administrative Background.
    Database Management and analytical reporting; MS Office, Web base applications & ERP
    In 5 to 10 years from now I hope to complete my 2 degrees or complete my education; bachelor program and a certificate with programming language/ Information Technology; career wise I plan to be in the executive office.

Interview Questions
    • What salary are you expecting or hoping to receive for the type of position?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

interviewed at Adecco USA in June 2014.

Very quick process. The staff was very friendly and willing to answer any and all questions. Interviewed with Branch Manager, Regional Operations Manager, Head Recruiter, and Regional Vice President. All extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adecco USA in May 2014.

The hiring and interview process can take about 45 minutes to 1 hour due to numerous test and policies that need to be done and reviewed (basically as a vetting procedure for their clients). however, they do give you the option to do the prerequisite hiring paperwork at home. the staffing agents are nice and professional. They take notes while they question you and let you know how you did overall once he interview is over.

Interview Questions
    • what was an issue/difficulty you've had with a customer/coworker and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation phase for the position I was offered.

Store Operator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Adecco USA in May 2014.

Very smooth. They asked me to come back tons second interview on the same day. Most questions were specific to the field I was coming from. If you have experience dealing with customers and being part of a team, there aren't any secrets.

Interview Questions
    They made it sounds better than it actually is.

Store Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adecco USA in April 2014.

This applies to the NYC office at 5th avenue only since my résumé was sent to them initially. My résumé was sent with the hopes to land a role in an office setting in HR or a paid recruiting/sourcing position. I am wanting to get out of the non-profit and sales/retail mindset with the hopes if not to work at Adecco as a junior recruiter of some sort, why not land a position in administration or an entry level HR role? Instead I was asked to come in for an interview basically for a position that makes retail purchases more convenient. I made it through both interviews and was told there was not rejection letters and I was giving it some thought since the company name they were contracting with sounded stable in the market. Three weeks came and I was told I was not selected despite of how "impressed" they were with my background....

Sales Representative for Kaplan Test Prep (An Adecco Client) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Adecco USA.

Adecco reached out to me from a LinkedIn posting they had which I found out was really for Kaplan Test Prep (although they did not disclose their clients' name until our second or third conversation.) At first, their initial recruiter asked me a bunch of basic questions and sounded enthusiastic. He said there would be an email with a bunch of links including "on-boarding paperwork" to complete before moving forward. When I asked what he meant by "on-boarding" since I had not been interviewed or hired yet, he replied that was Adecco's standard procedure- that they were in fact taking me on as a candidate- and that it was required before they were willing to evaluate a candidate for any position they were staffing. Since the Kaplan gig would serve my purposes for the time being and fell well within my skills and experience, I decided to suck it up and cooperate with their elaborate hiring process, which became more and more involved as it went along. Mind you, this was for a CALL CENTER SALES POSITION- not rocket science, nothing specialized, nothing requiring more than a high-school level intelligence and skillset. Also, the Kaplan salary was only $22k, with the commission potential of their top performers (!) topping out at $32k. For life.

First was the email which required that I apply for the job all over again by repeating all of the information which had already been clearly submitted via LinkedIn with my profile and resume. This included having to parse and re-type my resume into their specified formatting, which took over an hour to complete. Along with this (the "on-boarding paperwork") came a whole battery of tests and assessments which took MORE THAN 4 HOURS to complete as they were each around an hour long (2 were timed). There was a psychological evaluation, a mathematical and analytical skills test, a verbal skills test, and one other miscellaneous test- none of which had any relevant connection to the position as far as I could see.

**The recruiter assured me that all of this would be kept on file and used to continue finding me other positions which might also be a fit. That NEVER happened.

After acing their tests (I have an IQ of over 160, after all) I was called in for a front facing interview with a different, more senior recruiter. It was pretty basic. After a few minutes, she set me up in a different room for a Skype interview with someone from Kaplan. This is something she had not told me about in advance. Their computer equipment was slow and Skype had not been downloaded properly, so there was a long delay before we could get the video chat up and running. This was with some guy in New York, which went pretty well. Nothing about the conversation stood out either negatively or otherwise.

A couple of days later I got a call from Adecco requesting a phone interview with another person from Kaplan Test Prep. That interview was interesting, as the person was asking me questions about where I saw myself in a few years. Since I could see that Kaplan is basically a flat organizational structure, at least in the division I was applying for, I asked what opportunities could be available with the company down the road after working as a sales rep.

After this interview, I never heard anything again. Not from Kaplan. Not from Adecco. Not even though Adecco had made their promise about the time-consuming hoops they made me jump through, saying there would be other opportunities through them as well. I did not get so much as a phone call, a return call, or a courtesy email letting me know I didn't get selected for the position. In the end, I knew I was probably overqualified, but made sure to let them know I was happy to do the job required and see what it could lead to. But after three weeks and a total of around 7 HOURS invested in answering questions and taking tests designed for WAY more elevated positions, it seems Adecco is just playing a game to see how much fun they can have getting people to waste their time.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions arose, but the lengthy and cumbersome ATS-based recruiting process was unnecessary and way overreached the job description. No one applying for anything below an upper-level management or an executive position needs to go through that battery of aptitude testing, especially not as an up-front requirement before even getting so much as an interview.   Answer Question

Electronic Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adecco USA.

This company doesn't pay that well, so the interview process isn't that hard. You have to take a test to validate the technical knowledge you know, but I have seen people that can't turn a wrench get precision assembly jobs. The bottom line is...if you have good work ethic and really need a job, then Adecco will use you and abuse you. When your contract is up they will find you an even worse paying job so you can't claim unemployment.

Interview Questions
    • The online test takes a long time and if you pass, it doesn't make much difference in what job you are assigned.   Answer Question
    This is what we pay...accept it or leave it.