Adecco USA

2.6

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Accounts Payable Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Adecco USA.

The interview was easy and got the job the same day. I was trained very well for my initial position at the company.The seven and a half years that I spent with the company was a good preperation for my next career path,

Store Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adecco USA in April 2014.

This applies to the NYC office at 5th avenue only since my résumé was sent to them initially. My résumé was sent with the hopes to land a role in an office setting in HR or a paid recruiting/sourcing position. I am wanting to get out of the non-profit and sales/retail mindset with the hopes if not to work at Adecco as a junior recruiter of some sort, why not land a position in administration or an entry level HR role? Instead I was asked to come in for an interview basically for a position that makes retail purchases more convenient. I made it through both interviews and was told there was not rejection letters and I was giving it some thought since the company name they were contracting with sounded stable in the market. Three weeks came and I was told I was not selected despite of how "impressed" they were with my background....

ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS/GENERAL OFFICE SUPPORT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adecco USA.

They didn't give me anything, any interview, nothing, I have 7 years of experience, they just send me email for tell me, they are unable to help me, What?? OK so they didn't give any reason of that.

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Adecco USA in December 2012.

Three level interview; starting with recruiter, then future boss, than one other people in the department. Great environment, nice people. Everyone tried to make me feel welcomed, and none of the questions were unusual or inappropriate

Interview Questions
    • none, really - lots of questions about my past experience and the motivations to join Adecco   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase

IT Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adecco USA in May 2012.

Pros: Everyone was very nice to speak to and tried their best.

Cons: The company has poor communication/application system. The system pulled incorrect contact information and would not allow the automated submission for a position. No one could fix it. Tech support sent me to a local office. Local office scheduled the phone interview but said the position I was applying to was in another office and I was out of luck because they could not call the other office, provide a contact, or offer assistance.

Advice: Clear up the communications and have a clear process for handling tech issues with the automated application system.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Adecco USA in August 2011.

The process was fairly easy and painless: phone screen and one-on-one interview. I was interviewed in their New York office, the recruiter seemed nice and outgoing. On the other side, she could not provide me with a definitive job description, which backfired when I went to the interview with their client and was not prepared for it. She also gave me incorrect time, and the hiring manager seemed annoyed that I showed up unexpected. Before the interview she promised to get back to me regardless of the outcome, and never did.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adecco USA in June 2011.

It was a basic phone interview to go ver the job

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Adecco USA in April 2011.

If they want to submit you for a job, they'll contact you immediately and everything will be sorted out in a few weeks. If not, don't expect to hear from them at all unless you pester about other openings. Some Adecco employees are very friendly and helpful, but they seem to have a high turnover, like lots of temp agencies, and are extremely self-serving in salary negotiations. I think because some companies have contracts with them, they feel as if they can get away with that.

Interview Questions
    • I had to take several tests, including a proofreading marks test. You are only recommended for jobs unless you pass a certain threshold. I think it's 80%   Answer Question
    They have set rates per job category, and aggressively defend them. If you've been paid more, no harm in negotiating.

Toy Product Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adecco USA in April 2011.

I was called in to interview for a position as a toy product demonstrator in Times Square, but when I arrived to the interview and noted that I would rather work as an administrative assistant, they immediately changed gears mid interview. The recruiter was very flexible towards my needs and understanding that I didn't have any New York work experience. Overall, I met with three recruiters, a branch manager and the regional operations manager for Adecco. It turns out that they were also looking to hire someone to work within Adecco. Everyone was really great and accommodating and they offered me a job right away working for them at their agency.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond in customer service.   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Adecco USA in November 2010.

Phone interview with recruiter, face to face with Sr. Manager, 2nd interview with hiring direct manager. Process took way too long, about 4-6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   View Answer
    • Explain your experience and why you'd be a good fit for this company?   View Answer
    They offered me 10k under what I asked for. (the nerve) I didn't have anything else lined up so I accepted the offer and took a 5k sign on bonus instead.