Adept Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Adept Technology in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process began with a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next day I was scheduled for an interview with the rest of the team. The interview was a "behavioral" style interview. This style of interview is designed to allow the interviewers to avoid talking to the interviewee's resume and practiced answers. Not the most comfortable interview, but everyone was cordial and friendly. The last interview of the day was a meeting with the Director/VP of engineering and was much more relaxed.

Other than the initial phone interview, I didn't feel that I got a good chance to show off what I knew, or get much chance to talk about what I had been working on.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when someone was treated unfairly and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company was very hard nosed on negotiating additional vacation time in lieu of more money. They were just very unwilling to even entertain a discussion about it. The pay was in my range.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Adept Technology in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Director of Embedded Software stating he finds my resume very interesting and would like to discuss the opportunity with me. Called up on time and asked to describe my experience with Embedded software in internship and recent position. He explained the work company does and then asked me to describe how do I match the work and position in his company and redescribe myself keeping with respect to matching skills

Interview Questions

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Adept Technology in December 2009.

Interview Details – Process started with a phone screen followed by face to face interviews
The face to face interviews began with the delivery of a presentation to the interviewing team from the company
Each of the one on one interviews consisted of a set of predetermined questions by each interviewer followed by a short amount of time for their own questions
The interviewers were focused and concise in their questioning

The only downside of the process was the length of time it took to get a decision from the company

Interview Question – There were no questions which I found difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Adept Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adept Technology interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Adept Technology employees and interview candidates.