Aderant Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2014
Updated May 14, 2014

2.2

Software Engineer Interview

Went online to look at their current careers. Applied through their online services. Received an email roughly a week later to take an examination. After the examination was offered a phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aderant.

Called by a recruiter, then was scheduled a phone interview with a project manager. Casual chatting. The manager is very proud of their team. No technical questions

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aderant in May 2013.

Spoke with HR representative and told them I was looking for a salary of over $50k. Said that they would bump it up to that so they could bring me in. Interview went great, then sent an email the next day and told me they were hiring someone else because I was asking for too much money. Did not negotiate at all.

Applications Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aderant.

I applied for this position after reading up on it on a standard job search website. I received an email a few days later from a company recruiter to take an online aptitude assessment. The test was your normal IQ and personality question setup and took approximately 2 hours to complete. About three days later I received a call to come in, take a shortened version of the same assessment and interview with the manager. I arrived the following week for the interview. However, the receptionist had problems setting up the computer for me to take the assessment. By the time I finished taking the test, the manager had to leave for an evening meeting and left word with his secretary that we would have to reschedule. I received a call not only from HR but also his receptionist to apologize for the inconvenience and set up another interview date. Everyone was friendly enough in the office while I was waiting in the lobby. Practically everyone that passed by while I was sitting there stopped to make sure I had been helped. Definitely one of the nicest office atmospheres I have experience. I met with the manager the next week. The interview was pretty casual. The first part was going over my resume and giving him detailed information about my internships, research, and past job experiences. The second part consisted of him giving me an overview of the position including job requirements, pay, benefits, training, etc. At the end of the interview he immediately asked me to come back for a second interview with the Director of Support for the Northeastern region who is based out of Tallahassee. That same day I received a call to set up a date when he would be in town(the next week). The second interview was virtually the same. I was given a sheet explaining their benefits packages as soon as I walked in the room but all other information shared was basically a repeat. I was told that he would be interviewing other candidates later that same day and they would make a decision that afternoon and make phone calls expressing their decision the next day. Two days later I received a phone call offering me the position and an email with the official offer letter along with a non-compete agreement, background check form, and drug test appointment was emailed that following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Generic interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary or challenging was asked.   Answer Question

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aderant in May 2011.

I applied online and got an email back within 2 days to take an assessment test. The assessment test was a mix of IQ-Test and general knowledge where some of the problems are timed and some not. Overall it stated that it should take 2.5 hours. I finished in under 2 hours and thought that it wasn't that difficult, but you have to be able to keep your focus for this time. The funny thing was that I received literally 2 minutes after I was finished a phone call from the Global Hiring Manager to discuss my application.
    Gave me the impression that they are desperate to hire ..... they offer 35,000 a year. They expect a lot of travel and work in return. When I asked about advancement her told me that this won't happen at least for two years and they only advance people if they put a lot of work in. Then he said that if i want this job i have to start next Monday and by the way move to Tallahasse, because they don't like their employees to commute more than one hour. First I wasn't sure if he is joking, but he was dead serious. On my application it stated that I am still working for a company. I am not sure with what type of applicants they are usually dealing with, college grads who jump on this job ? This blew it for me. I have family and a consulting job where I had some projects to finish before leaving.

Interview Questions

low pay, no advancement opportunities, no reallocation assistance, bad feeling after i experienced their hiring process.

Director of Strategic Initiatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aderant in May 2010.

After a phone screen with a recruiter, they used an online IQ / skills test to evaluate candidates for further interviews. I passed the assessment and went to an interview with the CEO to discuss the position. Overall, everyone seemed congenial, however, the CEO seemed convinced that I was unsuitable for the job before we even began speaking and rushed the interview without providing any meaningful basis for his characterization.

Interview Questions
    • The CEO asked a variety of of questions about expected "best in class" margins for their line of business and seemed to expect detailed knowledge in this area even though this level of inside knowledge was not mentioned as a prerequisite and did not appear particularly relevant in the job description provided.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aderant in January 2010.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview that last approximately 45 minutes and then a generic HR face to face with a 2.5 hour IQ/Aptitude test. The phone interview was the typical loosely structured conversation with a development manager. I was asked about current roles and responsibilities and the questions stemmed from there. The IQ test was a mensa knock-off and was easy as long as you like that kind of thing and don't get freaked out by standardized tests. The personality section had some subtle "trip you up" type questions but as long as you're consistently honest you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • After describing what you're currently working on the interviewer asked if the current approach needed to be scrapped what would be another way of approaching the problem.   View Answer
    Countered their offer and was able to work about 10% more than the initial proposal. Benefits and perks aren't flexible due to their position as an asset of a larger investment group. They seems have rather limited flexibility in general.

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Did not have to go through one since my previous employer was acquired by Aderant. Just had to sign a non-compete agreement and take the DPAT test in order to continue employment.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Aderant.

Got a call from the HR manager who sent me a link to an aptitude test. The exam was about 2.5 hours long. Had math history vocab alphabet personality and shapes. Pretty logic based. I didn't quite finish the sections because there were too many questions. Right after the exam I got a call to go over it. A few days later someone called to schedule a phone interview with the future boss. Lasted 30-40 min and was very personality based, no technical questions. Right after that they called me to come into the office. I took a 1 hr portion of the test which was the same questions from math alphabet and shapes. Then talked to the boss I interviewed with for about 15 min. Got a call 2 hrs later to offer the job.

Interview Questions

50% travel with no overtime pay. Also stated in the contract that I couldn't contact anyone involved with Aderant for two years after working there.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Aderant in February 2010.

I took a skills test that took about 2-3 hours. The recruiter call me to set up a phone interview which was pretty casual. I then had another interview with a four people that I was going to work with and again it was pretty informal and the people seemed very nice. Very casual dress and cubical office setup.

Interview Questions

Worked for Aderant? Contribute to the Community!