Adobe Interview Questions & Reviews in Bangalore

3.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in July 2012.

Initial Telephonic Round - Scheduled by consultancy : Ten minutes of screening over the phone and called for next round.
    Second Round - Technical with all standard testing related questions and puzzle. I answered all questions and solved the puzzle correct. Good people.
    Third Round - Another round with team lead as managers were not available. Very good and healthy discussion. Team lead was a great motivator.

Now was the game changer - As no managers were available I was scheduled to come on another day. Time 4:30 pm(invariably people were more busy in pack up for the day). First came a lady manager and took seat , asked to introduce myself and got busy in her laptop replying to some email. Did'nt even bother to look up once. Second question asked relevant and again busy with her outlook. Meanwhile, another manager walks in and thankfully she took pain to introduce me to the latter. Not to mention that the person who walked in later looked a little more interested in listening to me. Asks questions about coding for testing profile. Asks about Java , UNIX , data structure and almost nothing related to what was the job description. I was under the impression that they both were more interested in showing off what they knew rather than show some interest in helping me to bring the best out of me.

The lady had to rush within 10 minutes so she did and the gentleman waited for some more time with me supporting the fact as to why he needs the coding / development / programming knowledge for a black box testing profile. Well IMO testers don't even touch the code ever. Anyhow , after a not so convincing round of interview the person left.

Guys , all I can say a lot depends on your luck , you don't really know the person's thought process who is interviewing you. I was lucky enough to reach till the last round but was little surprised to understand that why did the company waste about 4 business hrs and 4 man work at all , they could/should have screened me out at the very first round.

So , as a rule of thumb - go to Adobe there are some great people and there is a lot to learn but never be sure of them till you get the offer as was with me.

Interview Questions
    • Which technology you support most Japanese or Korean and why?
      This was highly unexpected but I managed to support my answer well.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in September 2012.

Written paper then 3 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions
    • Why do you program in c++ when all major codebases are in C   View Answer

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Adobe in December 2010.

Was lengthy procedure. Need to give technical written exam for 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    Quite okay, did not try to negotiate as offer was at par.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Adobe in October 2011.

first of all there was an exam in which an aptitude paper was there and after passing that round I was interviewd by the VP 1:1 he asked me from my CV in which I mentioned an emulator of 8085 microprocessor. He started asking me question over 8085 microprocessor like what is the multiplication code in it etc.

Interview Questions
    • is there multiply function in 8085 microprocessor   View Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Adobe in October 2010.

It consist of aptitude test and basic C and java questions. Questions were repeated from the questions posted on many of the job sites

Developer and White Box Testing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Adobe in October 2010.

Adobe was(rather still is) one of my dream company. I had applied through a online portal. Unexpetedly i got mail next day morning. Interveiew was 2 days after getting the mail. I was not fully prepared then( funny thing is.. then I used to work in mainframe, but java is my passion or subject of interest :) ).

1st round was : written test ( analytical abilty, quants ) : very easy( except 2/3 qts )
    2nd round : Java Technical apptitude ( multiple choices + some silly descriptive semester type qts )
    3rd : 1:1 most.. the most probably was a SE like me.. asking lots of qts like ( some from collections, email validations, string reverse logic etc etc ) : easy
    4th round: 1:1 .. i thik he was ml/ta. Things were getting difficult. He was asking hell lots of qts( fibonacci recursive, iterators, threads , 2/3 well known puzzles, new things in java 1.6 syntax etc etc) : it was at least 1.5 hr
    5 round : Ohh man.. it was a bit difficult. that guy was an ML(5 yrs exp). Asked several technical qts, program, puzzles. I had managed to ans all somehow :P, but atlast he asked me to write 10 test cases for a condition like to test if the 'dir' command ( customized) is working or not. it was silly. I was struggling to mention 10 cases for this thing.. but somehow managed it( some points which i had mentioned were really funny :P.. but what can i do... the qts itself was a piece of joke ..dont knw y didnt ask me to wrte 20 cases for that ..newaz).. i had cleard that too..

then I had to fill up one form mentioning all the details( same things which i had already mentioned in my cv).
    then the showstopper round
    6th round : with hiring manager.. some blah blah qts like why u r changing u r tech domain and things..
    then he had asked me to write a program .. which takes 3 lengths as input of a triangle, and checks all the possibilty to form different kinda triangale.. (all validations ).. easy one
    I was then almost in cloud7 :D.. but :(
    the last qts was a puzzle..
    [ A man was going from city A to B with his camel and 3000 bananas. The distance btwn A and B = 1000 ml. that stupid camel eats 1 banana/ml. What is the highest no of banans , the man can trasport from A to B.
    cond: that man cant carry any banana with him. Only that camel can.]
    I had spend atleast 20 mins. He had given me hints too... but the truth is i couldnt solv that. He was also upset atlast. that was the only thing which i couldnt ans.. :( still feel depressed .. but :) life goes on yaar.. ha ha
    ( forgot to mention.. 5th and 6 th round was 3/4 days after the first day ).
    [ Ignore all typo errors :P.. after writing the last few lines.. dont hv mood to recheck again ]
    Hope, these info will be useful for someone of you. All the best guys..

Thanks
    M.... .

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Adobe in September 2009.

My overall experience of Adobe interview was worse. Interviewers and HR lacked professionalism.
    I have heard most of the people saying positively about Adobe interviews. However I was unfortunate to get rejected in my first round of technical interview as I was interviewed 'to know, what i don't know'?

> Got a mail informing that my resume is shortlisted and asking whether I could take the written test (Quantitative/Analytical and Testing) on weekends (actually the best part ).

> I was present in adobe 10 mintutes before the schedule time of written test. There were quite a few people who had also come to take the written test. However the HR was late by half an hour.

> The written test is pretty easy. I was told from HR that i would be informed in a week about the result of written test.

> The next weekend I got a call from HR saying that I have cleared the written test and asked me whether I could come for Techincal Interview (4 rounds) in a weekday. I was OK with it and said yes. Then the HR told me that he/she would send me interview deatils via mail. But the confirmation mail was sent in the late evening just before the day of my interview after several followup's with HR.

> The day had come for technical round, I was present in adobe 10 mintutes before the schedule time.
    This time HR was available in time.

> I was waiting for the interviewer in a discussion room. One of the interviwer walked in to the room and asked me to wait for few minutes as another member from his/her team would also join. You know what, the interviewer did not introduce himself and also was just working on his laptop. After a minute or so I myself asked him whether I could know his name? I guess he/she felt embarrassed and then got introduced.

> After few minutes another interviewer joined and the same happened, he/she did not introduce him/herself.

> They did not had a hard copy of my resume. So, i offered them a copy of my resume as I had few.

Technical Round:
    > First question: Tell me about yourself.

> Second Question:
    On a scale of 1 to 10 how much I rate myself on below topics? ( This is the question which I hate the most personally. Then why is the interview at all, a questionaire would have been suefficient?)
    Manual Testing - I rated, 9.
    Autoamtion testing - 8
    Writing SQL queries - 4
    Security Testing - 4
    Security Testing concepts - 4

> They started asking me all Web and RDBMS related questions which is not my area of expertise and I had also not mentioned the same in my resume.

> There were few questions on testing concepts but it was all bookish.

> Not even a single question was asked about my current projects and only few questions were asked related to the skill sets i have acquired.

> While the whole interview is going on, the interviewers were actually working with their laptops.

> Finally they were in a hurry and left the discussion room asking me to wait for HR.

> HR turned up and asked me to wait in reception.

> I waited for more than a hour and nobody turned up. Meanwhile I tried calling the HR on his cell who was coordinating my interview, but could not reach.

> After an hour or HR came to me and asked whether I finished all my tech rounds. I said only one round has finished and I was asked to wait. HR asked me to wait again for few minutes.

> After 5 minutes, HR came back and said this is all for the day as the interviewers were in some meeting and HR would get in touch with me with result.

> Finally after few days I got a mail saying that i was not selected.

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Adobe in June 2010.

I had a telephonic interview at adobe and it was good and at last the interviewer told that I can expect a positive outcome.
    The questions were mostly from my experience and a few logical question.

However did not got any further call or response from their end. On mailing the recruiter I got a reply that the Person who took interview is on leave and she did not get the feedback. I tried to followup on mail and then no further reply from their end.
    After a month, another recruiter from abode called me for a new opening and said that she will be scheduling a discussion with the hiring team but after that no further communication from their end.

Overall Message: The abode recruitment team is very slow in conducting the interview process. Worst they do not give a proper status.
    Do not wait for their replies. Better to apply abode jobs via consultancy as they are good to follow up.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Adobe in May 2007.

It started with pen and paper round where I needed to solve testing related questions. Example test cases etc. Then I had 3-4 interview rounds where maximum questions were around QA. Last round by hiring manager was related to coding question and test cases around it.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Adobe in November 2007.

Started with a test.
    Quatitative and technical.
    Shortlisted were called for interview.

There were five rounds of interview.
    Mostly c++ and Data Structure questions were asked.
    And lots of question on problem solving and logical analysis.
    All interviews were of same type.
    Last two rounds discussed about the job i am interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    HR interview was mere procedure.
    Was happy with the offer and accepted.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!