Adobe

Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer Scientist Interview

Computer Scientist
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Adobe.

Interview Details – Recruited by a colleague with whom I worked at a previous employer. Initial phone screen by hiring manager, followed by a full day of in-person interviews, 30-45 minutes each, 9 total, including the head of HR and the Director of Engineering (reported to COO). They bought me lunch on site and gave me a tour of the campus.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions and none that stood out as difficult. Pretty standard behavior, goals and strength/weaknesses type questions. Some programming quiz type questions, like, describe how you would synchronize the classic one-lane bridge problem: What's the shared resource? How would you make the scheduler fair? What data structure would you use to maintain the arrival order of cars waiting to enter the bridge?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm a tough negotiator and so were they. I asked for the moon in salary, they, very professionally, said no without any beating around the bush, which I appreciated, and countered with an overall compensation package, which included profit sharing bonuses, equity, and 401k matching.

Build Engineer Interview

Build Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Adobe in December 2010.

Interview Details – Relatively easy interview with C coding questions, algorithm questions, behavioral questions. Very nice HR and group. The interview process was a campus selection process for the new graduates. I was informed within the next 3 days of the acceptance and received offer in the next 2 days.

Interview Question – Behavioral   Answer Question

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Marketing Program Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 5 people over the course of a month, all individually and in-person with the exception of 1 person that was remote. Appeared to be varied approaches as if they divided and conquered. One interviewer was more antagonistic than the others and appeared not to be interested in my response.

Interview Question – What is a program that did not meet expectations, how was it communicated, and what was your response?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process started off with a phone interview with hiring manager, and then I was invited on-site where I had face-to-face interviews with 4 engineer on the team, the recruiter and the hiring manager. The interviews were pretty straight-forward. They mostly consisted of behavioral questions regarding past experience.

Interview Question – The company uses scrum for project planning; so, they asked lots of questions regarding scrum, past experience, pros/cons, etc.   Answer Question

Quality Engneering Management Interview

Quality Engneering Management
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Adobe in November 2013.

Interview Details – - Disinterested hiring manager did not even read the resume before interview
- Haphazard and disorganized as the management team had already selected an internal candidate
- The interview process was a sham to satisfy some vague hiring guidelines
- Questions were mostly unrelated to position.
- Each Interviewer had a totally different understanding of the job and tasks.
- Recruiters were nice and courteous.

Interview Question – - How many gas stations in San Jose.
- Questions were mostly unrelated to position.
- Extremely detailed expertise in particular testing tool required.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Dead End position and sensing the group is on the chopping block.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was pretty straight forward. I had a telephone call with the computer scientist and then onsite discussion with 4 other team members. They never asked anything tough and were asking very general questions.

Interview Question – Design a Java Chat server.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Adobe.

Interview Details – This was an extremely quick hiring process, in about two months I interviewed with 6 people over the phone, flew to San Jose and then started my new job.

Interview Question – The questions were very thoughtful, but you needed to know about the products, industry and have an opinion/strategy on how you would approach the role and drive results. Asking questions is key to get the information you need to know if it is the right fit for you.   Answer Question

Public Relations Product Intern Interview

Public Relations Product Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

Interview Details – I got connected to Adobe through their University Recruiting team. After interviewing with an HR rep on campus, I was contacted for multiple rounds of phone interviews after. I first spoke with the hiring manager and then also his boss and employees on his team. The entire process took about a month, but it helped me get a better picture of who I will be working with. Another thing to be noted is that if Adobe is interested in you for multiple positions, you will have to interview separately for all of them. For example, if you are offered a position at the Lehi office and the San Jose office you will have to speak to both hiring managers and both of their teams. The interviews seem to quickly rack up.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question I received was when I was asked what types of social medias college students seemed to be embracing and which were being left behind. Generally, after talking to the university recruiter, the majority of questions were centered around trying to figure out what I really wanted out of this internship.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I honestly felt no need to negotiate as their offer was extremely competitive and far exceeded my expectations.

Saas Engineer Interview

Saas Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Adobe in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was not formally interviewed as I was referred by a previous employeer. The interview was not formal but was in person and involved a couple hours walking around and talking about technical experience, solving particular technical problems. What language / technology would you use for this, why? We have this problem in our current release. How would you research and address this on the job? One of the harder parts was the process of getting the position. It can take a while for a new position can be approved.

Interview Question – The interview was in the form of a conversation and not particularly formal so I can't really put down the most difficult question. I believe my experience to be atypical, but in general be ready to jump on technical problems, ask questions about the team, be familiar with the type of work you want to be hired for and ready to discuss any related topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No benefits negotiation. There was wiggle room for the starting salary and sign-on bonus but the offer came in higher than I expected so I didn't negotiate more. I also discussed time off with my hiring manager but with the flexible time off benefits there wasn't much that needed to be asked for.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Adobe in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Call then individual interviews

Interview Question – A lot of questions about working with difficult people   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes was able to negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Adobe

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adobe interview questions and advice in California. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Adobe employees and interview candidates.