Adobe Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

3.2

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Adobe.

The hiring and interviewing process consisted of two HR generalists interviewing me. They were very friendly but do expect you to research and know the company. The questions were pretty standard and they definitely ask questions based on resume so be sure to know what you are talking about.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through the career fair and had a onsite interview the next day.
    The interviewer asked me whether I have used Hadoop before and ask me about the recommendation system. Obviously they are looking for data engineer/scientist at the moment.

But I was not prepared for that so I got declined.

Interview Questions
    • How would you use the recommendation system for Netflix?   View Answer

Sourcing Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Adobe.

Interview process included 4 co-worker interviews to begin with. Each was about 30 minutes long. Second round of interviews included upper management (Sr. Director), other managers on the team that I wasn't going to interview with, and several people that seemed to be somewhat irrelevant (legal counsel). Interviews were comfortable and friendly and included behavioral-based questions, and one brain teaser type question. Mostly just going over resume sharing hi-lights.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    Explained my needs and expectations. When they couldn't meet them exactly, I offered an alternative way of meeting them, they accepted.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Adobe.

Great people. I really liked the people I interviewed with. Very nice, pleasant, and asked good questions. One interviewer brought along a junior team member to shadow her and ask her questions. This showed that they care about team members and their development.

Unfortunately, it took weeks to hear back from them and the recruiter wasn't very responsive. At the end they told me the position was on hold.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Adobe in September 2014.

I applied online, had a couple phone screen (background chat & coding) with the hiring manager and a machine learning scientist, went onsite to San Jose office.

In case you haven't heard about it, Adobe is also in the marketing cloud business now. And so that's probably why they're hiring a bit more of people in data science. I was interviewed with one of such team. The overall scheduling and interviews are well arranged. A mixture of coding, statistics and modeling problems are tested. I wish there was timely feedback after all the interviews were done.

Interview Questions
    • some high level idea of the real-world-ish problems they're solving   Answer Question

Research Interview

The mentor carried a phone interview to talk about research. For research intern, they focus on if your background match their requirements. And then the mentor have the right to decide for an offer.

Partnerships Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe.

Referred by high level Adobe employee. Recruiting was amazing, thoughtful, informative and well tuned with the company needs. Interviewer was shocked I was female and I was dead on arrival as a result.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you feel about sometimes, just having to be one of the boys?"   View Answer

Manager Advanced Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Adobe in August 2014.

I talked on the phone with a recruiter and then with a former manager in the team. Both people I spoke to were very nice and I found our conversations interesting. However, the process itself was very disorganized. Without explaining it, from the first call to the second, they had changed me as a candidate to a different position. And when I asked for information about this new position, the person didn't really know what was going on. And then I never heard back from either of them. Nice people, but very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • both calls were rather preliminary so they didn't get to any difficult questions   Answer Question

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Adobe.

Recruited by a colleague with whom I worked at a previous employer. Initial phone screen by hiring manager, followed by a full day of in-person interviews, 30-45 minutes each, 9 total, including the head of HR and the Director of Engineering (reported to COO). They bought me lunch on site and gave me a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions and none that stood out as difficult. Pretty standard behavior, goals and strength/weaknesses type questions. Some programming quiz type questions, like, describe how you would synchronize the classic one-lane bridge problem: What's the shared resource? How would you make the scheduler fair? What data structure would you use to maintain the arrival order of cars waiting to enter the bridge?   Answer Question
    I'm a tough negotiator and so were they. I asked for the moon in salary, they, very professionally, said no without any beating around the bush, which I appreciated, and countered with an overall compensation package, which included profit sharing bonuses, equity, and 401k matching.

Senior Operations Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Adobe.

Contacted based on LinkedIn profile and put in touch immediately with a hiring manager. Expectations for the role and the interview process were given up front. Quickly began phone interviews with key team members, first by phone and then in house. In house interview was a nearly all day event and included key people in the team and related teams. Some white-boarding was requested in-line with job requirements. No silly brain-teasers or off-topic curve balls. On-site interviews were followed up with an on-line proof-of-skills exercise covering most areas in the job requirement; was challenging but in-line with role expectations. One of the smoothest interview processes I have experienced.

Interview Questions
    • The on-line skills assessment was a simplified, no doubt, mirror of real-world role tasks. Drew on every area of skill required for the position and was conducted via a screen-sharing session.   View Answer
    Straight forward, no hassle.