Adobe

Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer Scientist Interview

Computer Scientist
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Adobe.

Interview Details – Recruited by a colleague with whom I worked at a previous employer. Initial phone screen by hiring manager, followed by a full day of in-person interviews, 30-45 minutes each, 9 total, including the head of HR and the Director of Engineering (reported to COO). They bought me lunch on site and gave me a tour of the campus.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions and none that stood out as difficult. Pretty standard behavior, goals and strength/weaknesses type questions. Some programming quiz type questions, like, describe how you would synchronize the classic one-lane bridge problem: What's the shared resource? How would you make the scheduler fair? What data structure would you use to maintain the arrival order of cars waiting to enter the bridge?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm a tough negotiator and so were they. I asked for the moon in salary, they, very professionally, said no without any beating around the bush, which I appreciated, and countered with an overall compensation package, which included profit sharing bonuses, equity, and 401k matching.

Build Engineer Interview

Build Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Adobe in December 2010.

Interview Details – Relatively easy interview with C coding questions, algorithm questions, behavioral questions. Very nice HR and group. The interview process was a campus selection process for the new graduates. I was informed within the next 3 days of the acceptance and received offer in the next 2 days.

Interview Question – Behavioral   Answer Question

Product Marketing Intern Interview

Product Marketing Intern
Lehi, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Adobe in February 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume, and was called in for an interview on campus about 2 months later. I interviewed with a recruiter who went over my experience, portfolio and job expectations. About another six weeks later I had a phone interview with a hiring manager. I was told I could expect to either hear back, or go through a follow-up interview within several weeks. The process took so long that I ended up applying for another position, interviewing and was made an offer before hearing back. I called the recruiter who informed me that their had been some complications with positions being restructured, and they hadn't made any decisions yet. I backed out and accepted the other offer. So I really don't know whether or not an offer would have been made.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions: Describe a situation where you have used metrics to improve or refine a process.   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer
Lehi, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Adobe in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process started with a non-technical phone interview and was followed a few days later by a series of in-person interviews at the Adobe campus in Lehi, UT. The in-person interview was by 4 separate people/groups. First was an interview by the two developers on the team, the second was by a lead developer from a related department, the third was by the the department director and the fourth was by two people from marketing. I wasn't asked any skill assessment related questions only hypothetical questions about what I would do in certain situations.

Interview Question – What is your favorite super hero?   Answer Question

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Marketing Program Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 5 people over the course of a month, all individually and in-person with the exception of 1 person that was remote. Appeared to be varied approaches as if they divided and conquered. One interviewer was more antagonistic than the others and appeared not to be interested in my response.

Interview Question – What is a program that did not meet expectations, how was it communicated, and what was your response?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process started off with a phone interview with hiring manager, and then I was invited on-site where I had face-to-face interviews with 4 engineer on the team, the recruiter and the hiring manager. The interviews were pretty straight-forward. They mostly consisted of behavioral questions regarding past experience.

Interview Question – The company uses scrum for project planning; so, they asked lots of questions regarding scrum, past experience, pros/cons, etc.   Answer Question

Quality Engneering Management Interview

Quality Engneering Management
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Adobe in November 2013.

Interview Details – - Disinterested hiring manager did not even read the resume before interview
- Haphazard and disorganized as the management team had already selected an internal candidate
- The interview process was a sham to satisfy some vague hiring guidelines
- Questions were mostly unrelated to position.
- Each Interviewer had a totally different understanding of the job and tasks.
- Recruiters were nice and courteous.

Interview Question – - How many gas stations in San Jose.
- Questions were mostly unrelated to position.
- Extremely detailed expertise in particular testing tool required.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Dead End position and sensing the group is on the chopping block.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was pretty straight forward. I had a telephone call with the computer scientist and then onsite discussion with 4 other team members. They never asked anything tough and were asking very general questions.

Interview Question – Design a Java Chat server.   Answer Question

Legal Intern Interview

Legal Intern
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Adobe.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview that was set up by a recruiter for Adobe. I applied with my resume and was contacted by the recruiter. After phone interview I was selected for an office interview. Then called into office for round of interviews with team attorneys.

Interview Question – Be prepared with questions to ask them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted their offer because it seemed great for what I wanted. No negotiation was necessary.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Orem, UT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Adobe in October 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter reached out and I had a couple of interviews with her, then I interviewed 3 or 4 times with management and senior management.

Interview Question – If you were a bird, what would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told a certain amount, then the manager acted like it was lower (he could have forgotten) and I had to remind him of the higher amount that I was told and he accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Adobe

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adobe interview questions and advice. All 218 interview reviews posted anonymously by Adobe employees and interview candidates.