Adobe Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

3.2

J E Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Adobe in February 2010.

there were four rounds.
    first three were written test based on iq, skill and knowledge of the subject.
    then selected students were interviewed.
    out of 65 only two students were placed.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Adobe in October 2010.

I was approached by an in-house recruiter, through my LinkedIn profile. The recruiter sent me a summary job description, that piqued my interest. I also checked out Adobe's benefits, and they're roughly on par with my current company's. So I contacted her, and told I'm not actively looking, but the job seemed fun, and Adobe seems like a nice place to work for.

Then I got into a technical phone screen with the hiring mgr, which didn't seem all that technical. He was mostly concerned with my work history. I also made a point to tell him I was not actively looking to leave my current company; that Adobe contacted ME with a job that seemed worthy of discussion. That might have sold him, because I think I bombed his technical grilling. I had to admit I didn't know OpenGL (ES) that well, and we even went so far as to talk about a graphics project I did in school (a LOOOONG time ago). Morale of this story: you put something on your CV, be ready to talk about it!

So to my surprise, I get called in for a F2F interview a couple days later. I talked to their lead architect, senior manager, the hiring mgr, and a code grunt with bad BO. Well, what I THOUGHT was going to be a rather easy-going discussion about how I can meet the team's goals, turned into an all-out grilling on technical topics that were way over the top for an interview timeslice. They love their threading, with C++ and hard-core ASM.

I made my overall dissatisfaction known about the high difficulty level imposed by the team to the HR lady, and basically told her not to send me a rejection letter. In reality, I should have followed my gut instinct, and leave after talking to their architect. No sense in wasting my time there further.

In any case, I would still interview at Adobe...but I hope they'll still be around as an independent corporate entity, and not gobbled up by the Microsoft borg cube.

Interview Questions
    • How would I write a scoped mutex object? This was asked by their architect   View Answer
    • How would I design a "data-pump" queueing structure for handling the producer-consumer problem?   View Answer
    • What common ASM instructions can you think of, and can you generate the assembly output for a simple C for-loop, ex:

for(int i = 0; i < 10; i++);

Asked by the hiring mgr
        View Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Adobe in March 2007.

They conducted a written test first, then called for interviews, booked the complete day for the process,
    started with the form filling process, then 2 back to back technical interview rounds. break for lunch, then a bug finding test on computer editor like notepad. again 2 more rounds of technical interviews and one HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • puzzles and knowledge of operating systems and memory management things   Answer Question

Senior Operations Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Adobe.

Contacted based on LinkedIn profile and put in touch immediately with a hiring manager. Expectations for the role and the interview process were given up front. Quickly began phone interviews with key team members, first by phone and then in house. In house interview was a nearly all day event and included key people in the team and related teams. Some white-boarding was requested in-line with job requirements. No silly brain-teasers or off-topic curve balls. On-site interviews were followed up with an on-line proof-of-skills exercise covering most areas in the job requirement; was challenging but in-line with role expectations. One of the smoothest interview processes I have experienced.

Interview Questions
    • The on-line skills assessment was a simplified, no doubt, mirror of real-world role tasks. Drew on every area of skill required for the position and was conducted via a screen-sharing session.   View Answer
    Straight forward, no hassle.

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in April 2012.

Lots of great questions, very conversational, but still difficult. I think the two primary interviewers may have been playing good cop/bad cop, they were both very friendly, but one was much more challenging than the other.

Interview Questions
    • When do you want to stop working? (retire...., I'm only 32 so this threw me off)
      How are you different from your manager?
      Lots of behavioral questions specific to my role
        Answer Question
    Good. They were friendly and valued me during the process. They budged on some things and were immoveable on others.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

I was contacted online by a department head and asked if I'd be interested in applying for a specific position. What followed was a very quick, but intense interviewing process. In the course of a week and a half I had 6 hour long phone interviews, a day trip up to Boston to meet with the hiring manager, an overnight out to Utah to meet the team, had to provide a portfolio of my work, and give an hour long presentation. While it made for a very difficult and intense week (while still working full time), I appreciated that the process did not drag on needlessly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you pitch a specific product to existing customers, and explain to them the benefits that it offers?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

Was first approached via an Adobe recruiter via LinkedIn, spoke a couple of times and was given an online technical test. The test itself was fairly straight forward. Spoke with the hiring manager next, then was finally brought in for the in-person interview. During the in-person I was given another technical exam which was more complex and covered a wider array of topics. I interviewed with three people including the hiring manager and one of my peers. Throughout the whole process the interviews were a combination of technical and company fit questions. Everyone was very friendly and professional throughout the whole process especially the recruiter who was constantly in contact and made the process seamless.

Interview Questions
    • There was an I++ question on the technical exam that was unexpected and gave me some difficulty.   Answer Question
    Initial offer was quite fair but you can always negotiate for a bit more.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in April 2014.

Initial contact was quick, and I had a total of 5 interviews. This took place over the phone, and there was no face-to-face interview. Process took a bit longer as I wanted to, and I wasn't given an official offer till I verbally accepted the position. Constantly had to reach out to the recruiter to get a reply, but response was fast.

Interview Questions
    The only disappointment was that the package was lower than what was initially discussed during the first call with the recruiter. They said Finance got the number wrong.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orem, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Adobe in October 2010.

A recruiter reached out and I had a couple of interviews with her, then I interviewed 3 or 4 times with management and senior management.

Interview Questions
    I was told a certain amount, then the manager acted like it was lower (he could have forgotten) and I had to remind him of the higher amount that I was told and he accepted.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Adobe in November 2010.

I joined Adobe in the colleague hire process. There was a paper test followed by two rounds of face-to-face interviews. The paper test covered most of basic computer technologies and theories, such as OS principles, algorithms, network principles, etc. And face-to-face interviews mainly focused on my previous project experience at college.

Interview Questions
    • Basic knowledge on programming and computer technology: like what's happening in a Java Virtual Machine at execution time.   Answer Question

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!