Adobe

218 candidate interviews

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Software Quality Engineer
Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Adobe in March 2007.

Interview Details – They conducted a written test first, then called for interviews, booked the complete day for the process,
started with the form filling process, then 2 back to back technical interview rounds. break for lunch, then a bug finding test on computer editor like notepad. again 2 more rounds of technical interviews and one HR interview.

Interview Question – puzzles and knowledge of operating systems and memory management things   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Adobe in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was approached by an in-house recruiter, through my LinkedIn profile. The recruiter sent me a summary job description, that piqued my interest. I also checked out Adobe's benefits, and they're roughly on par with my current company's. So I contacted her, and told I'm not actively looking, but the job seemed fun, and Adobe seems like a nice place to work for.

Then I got into a technical phone screen with the hiring mgr, which didn't seem all that technical. He was mostly concerned with my work history. I also made a point to tell him I was not actively looking to leave my current company; that Adobe contacted ME with a job that seemed worthy of discussion. That might have sold him, because I think I bombed his technical grilling. I had to admit I didn't know OpenGL (ES) that well, and we even went so far as to talk about a graphics project I did in school (a LOOOONG time ago). Morale of this story: you put something on your CV, be ready to talk about it!

So to my surprise, I get called in for a F2F interview a couple days later. I talked to their lead architect, senior manager, the hiring mgr, and a code grunt with bad BO. Well, what I THOUGHT was going to be a rather easy-going discussion about how I can meet the team's goals, turned into an all-out grilling on technical topics that were way over the top for an interview timeslice. They love their threading, with C++ and hard-core ASM.

I made my overall dissatisfaction known about the high difficulty level imposed by the team to the HR lady, and basically told her not to send me a rejection letter. In reality, I should have followed my gut instinct, and leave after talking to their architect. No sense in wasting my time there further.

In any case, I would still interview at Adobe...but I hope they'll still be around as an independent corporate entity, and not gobbled up by the Microsoft borg cube.

Interview Questions

• How would I write a scoped mutex object? This was asked by their architect   View Answer
  • How would I design a "data-pump" queueing structure for handling the producer-consumer problem?   View Answer
  • What common ASM instructions can you think of, and can you generate the assembly output for a simple C for-loop, ex:

for(int i = 0; i < 10; i++);

Asked by the hiring mgr
      View Answer

J E Interview

J E

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Adobe in February 2010.

Interview Details – there were four rounds.
first three were written test based on iq, skill and knowledge of the subject.
then selected students were interviewed.
out of 65 only two students were placed.

Interview Question – what products of adobe do you use..?   View Answer

Solutions Consultant Interview

Solutions Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted online by a department head and asked if I'd be interested in applying for a specific position. What followed was a very quick, but intense interviewing process. In the course of a week and a half I had 6 hour long phone interviews, a day trip up to Boston to meet with the hiring manager, an overnight out to Utah to meet the team, had to provide a portfolio of my work, and give an hour long presentation. While it made for a very difficult and intense week (while still working full time), I appreciated that the process did not drag on needlessly.

Interview Question – How would you pitch a specific product to existing customers, and explain to them the benefits that it offers?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Newton, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

Interview Details – Was first approached via an Adobe recruiter via LinkedIn, spoke a couple of times and was given an online technical test. The test itself was fairly straight forward. Spoke with the hiring manager next, then was finally brought in for the in-person interview. During the in-person I was given another technical exam which was more complex and covered a wider array of topics. I interviewed with three people including the hiring manager and one of my peers. Throughout the whole process the interviews were a combination of technical and company fit questions. Everyone was very friendly and professional throughout the whole process especially the recruiter who was constantly in contact and made the process seamless.

Interview Question – There was an I++ question on the technical exam that was unexpected and gave me some difficulty.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was quite fair but you can always negotiate for a bit more.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Adobe in November 2010.

Interview Details – I joined Adobe in the colleague hire process. There was a paper test followed by two rounds of face-to-face interviews. The paper test covered most of basic computer technologies and theories, such as OS principles, algorithms, network principles, etc. And face-to-face interviews mainly focused on my previous project experience at college.

Interview Question – Basic knowledge on programming and computer technology: like what's happening in a Java Virtual Machine at execution time.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Adobe.

Interview Details – This was an extremely quick hiring process, in about two months I interviewed with 6 people over the phone, flew to San Jose and then started my new job.

Interview Question – The questions were very thoughtful, but you needed to know about the products, industry and have an opinion/strategy on how you would approach the role and drive results. Asking questions is key to get the information you need to know if it is the right fit for you.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Lehi, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very professional, exceptionally fast response, very up front on salary expectations, met with 12 people. 5 phone interviews 7 on site in one day. No real surprise questions. Recruiter follow-up was excellent. I did have references from current employees.

Interview Question – How to handle difficult clients. Questions were open ended and allowing one to sell their strengths. No real surprises. All but 1 of my 12 interviews was 30 minutes and went the all 30, the exception was with the hiring director his was 60 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Knew from the 1st interview is the salary range was acceptable. Offer was fair. I appreciated their no nonsense approach.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact was quick, and I had a total of 5 interviews. This took place over the phone, and there was no face-to-face interview. Process took a bit longer as I wanted to, and I wasn't given an official offer till I verbally accepted the position. Constantly had to reach out to the recruiter to get a reply, but response was fast.

Interview Question – How do you manage difficult resources?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only disappointment was that the package was lower than what was initially discussed during the first call with the recruiter. They said Finance got the number wrong.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Orem, UT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Adobe in October 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter reached out and I had a couple of interviews with her, then I interviewed 3 or 4 times with management and senior management.

Interview Question – If you were a bird, what would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told a certain amount, then the manager acted like it was lower (he could have forgotten) and I had to remind him of the higher amount that I was told and he accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Adobe

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adobe interview questions and advice. All 218 interview reviews posted anonymously by Adobe employees and interview candidates.