Adobe

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was pretty straight forward. I had a telephone call with the computer scientist and then onsite discussion with 4 other team members. They never asked anything tough and were asking very general questions.

Interview Question – Design a Java Chat server.   Answer Question

Legal Intern Interview

Legal Intern
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Adobe.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview that was set up by a recruiter for Adobe. I applied with my resume and was contacted by the recruiter. After phone interview I was selected for an office interview. Then called into office for round of interviews with team attorneys.

Interview Question – Be prepared with questions to ask them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted their offer because it seemed great for what I wanted. No negotiation was necessary.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Orem, UT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Adobe in October 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter reached out and I had a couple of interviews with her, then I interviewed 3 or 4 times with management and senior management.

Interview Question – If you were a bird, what would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told a certain amount, then the manager acted like it was lower (he could have forgotten) and I had to remind him of the higher amount that I was told and he accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lehi, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward. Had a phone interview, then went on site for another. The questions were not to hard. The questions were mostly related to stuff you would do for the job, nothing tricky or unexpected. Next I met with the team for the same type of questions.

Interview Question – How would you pull this data out of this SQL table without loading it all into memory?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact was quick, and I had a total of 5 interviews. This took place over the phone, and there was no face-to-face interview. Process took a bit longer as I wanted to, and I wasn't given an official offer till I verbally accepted the position. Constantly had to reach out to the recruiter to get a reply, but response was fast.

Interview Question – How do you manage difficult resources?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only disappointment was that the package was lower than what was initially discussed during the first call with the recruiter. They said Finance got the number wrong.

Implementation Consultant/Engineer Interview

Implementation Consultant/Engineer
Newton, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

Interview Details – Started with an initial phone conversation with the recruiter, then the hiring manager. The on-site interview was next, which included a technical written and face to face with other managers. Questions in the written was more detailed and extensive but not difficult. Everyone was very professional and they like what they do.

Interview Question – They did ask about my family situation which was odd, never had that asked before. - Unexpected.   View Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Newton, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

Interview Details – Was first approached via an Adobe recruiter via LinkedIn, spoke a couple of times and was given an online technical test. The test itself was fairly straight forward. Spoke with the hiring manager next, then was finally brought in for the in-person interview. During the in-person I was given another technical exam which was more complex and covered a wider array of topics. I interviewed with three people including the hiring manager and one of my peers. Throughout the whole process the interviews were a combination of technical and company fit questions. Everyone was very friendly and professional throughout the whole process especially the recruiter who was constantly in contact and made the process seamless.

Interview Question – There was an I++ question on the technical exam that was unexpected and gave me some difficulty.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was quite fair but you can always negotiate for a bit more.

Very Difficult Interview

Solutions Consultant Interview

Solutions Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted online by a department head and asked if I'd be interested in applying for a specific position. What followed was a very quick, but intense interviewing process. In the course of a week and a half I had 6 hour long phone interviews, a day trip up to Boston to meet with the hiring manager, an overnight out to Utah to meet the team, had to provide a portfolio of my work, and give an hour long presentation. While it made for a very difficult and intense week (while still working full time), I appreciated that the process did not drag on needlessly.

Interview Question – How would you pitch a specific product to existing customers, and explain to them the benefits that it offers?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Adobe.

Interview Details – There are two rounds: a phone screen and an on-site interviews. The phone screen asks about your previous projects and your goal in career. We only did one simple technical question writing a factorial function (be careful of edge cases and input errors). Got to the on-site interview meeting with the manager and two other people on the team. The manager asks out vision and goal and another simple technical question. The second person asks two more harder technical questions, but still not too hard. The final one asks a brain teaser and an object-oriented design.

Interview Question – (1) Factorial and Fibonacci functions (recursion, trade-off, what if we want to call it several times?)
(2) Given a binary tree, return another tree with reverse in-order traversal.
(3) Find output and bugs in a given program.
(4) Design an object-oriented program for a library (emphasis on users, types of books, check-out, return)
  Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Lehi, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very professional, exceptionally fast response, very up front on salary expectations, met with 12 people. 5 phone interviews 7 on site in one day. No real surprise questions. Recruiter follow-up was excellent. I did have references from current employees.

Interview Question – How to handle difficult clients. Questions were open ended and allowing one to sell their strengths. No real surprises. All but 1 of my 12 interviews was 30 minutes and went the all 30, the exception was with the hiring director his was 60 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Knew from the 1st interview is the salary range was acceptable. Offer was fair. I appreciated their no nonsense approach.