Adobe Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015
Updated Mar 14, 2015

3.1

Sales Development Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe in November 2014.

The hiring process began with a career fair at my university. The recruiters were very friendly and open to hearing about my interest in their sales program. I proceeded with an interview on-campus the next day.

The on-campus interview was fairly straight forward. They asked about my experience, what I knew about the program, and specially what I knew about their marketing cloud products. Later that day I was offered a second on-site interview in San Jose.

Interview Prep: Before the on-site interview the recruiting team asked that you create a presentation on another company and Adobe's marketing cloud products. They also asked that we read two sales books.

The Interview day was a well planned process. Adobe and their team was very easy to work with in terms of booking my flight and hotel. The day of they will take you on a tour of the campus, provide lunch/breakfast, and networking opportunities with the sales team. In the actual interview, it is organized as a panel interview where you give your presentation and then are asked questions. The questions focus on why sales, what motivated you, what is unique about you etc.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to box yourself into a product what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adobe in November 2014.

I'm students from UCLA. I talked to their HR in the career fail and got an onsite interview the next day. They asked me a simple porgramming problem: How to find the overlap of the rectangulars? The intervierer is one of their IT and is really nice.

Interview Questions
    • The question that I mentioned is the only question that I got in that interview. However, there're several simple following quesitons like: does this program work if two given rectangulars don't overlab at all... However, those questions are also simple.   Answer Question

Adobe Sales Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Adobe in November 2014.

I was invited to San Jose to interview for the Adobe Sales Academy in November 2014. There were about 30 other candidates with me during the day I interviewed (they also interviewed more candidates the day before). We got a tour of the HQ, then ate lunch with sales managers, followed by an interview. Candidates also had to turn in a presentation assignment before the interview. I was interviewed by two sales managers, and the entire interview lasted about 15 minutes (for a 30 minute interview slot). I gave my presentation, and they asked me follow-up questions, as well as questions regarding my experience and skills. I got a call from the recruiter shortly after my interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

Received a better offer from another company.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Adobe in November 2014.

I submitted my application through a current employee (Adobe places high value on internal referrals so if possible, take that approach). First was an initial screening by HR person - asking things about experience, interest, salary expectations, reason for leaving, etc.

This was followed by a phone screening that involved questions to gauge my general skill levels in different areas. Subsequent to that was a three hour on-site interview with 6 people covering different angles (technical, functional, management, etc.). And one of the senior manager couldn't do the onsite interview so there was one more phone interview after that :)

Anyways, this gave me an impression that the group I was joining was very thorough and specific about what they were looking for, so when they made me an offer - I was happy to accept it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through the career fair and had a onsite interview the next day.
    The interviewer asked me whether I have used Hadoop before and ask me about the recommendation system. Obviously they are looking for data engineer/scientist at the moment.

But I was not prepared for that so I got declined.

Interview Questions
    • How would you use the recommendation system for Netflix?   View Answer

Sourcing Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Adobe.

Interview process included 4 co-worker interviews to begin with. Each was about 30 minutes long. Second round of interviews included upper management (Sr. Director), other managers on the team that I wasn't going to interview with, and several people that seemed to be somewhat irrelevant (legal counsel). Interviews were comfortable and friendly and included behavioral-based questions, and one brain teaser type question. Mostly just going over resume sharing hi-lights.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    Explained my needs and expectations. When they couldn't meet them exactly, I offered an alternative way of meeting them, they accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adobe in October 2014.

My school held a career fair on campus, and I interviewed the next day through the career center. I was scheduled for a 30 minute slot, and the Senior Software Engineer that interviewed me was great. We talked about my classes, interests, and then I was asked to answer a technical question at the end.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a rectangle's height, width, and the x and y coordinates of its upper left-hand corner. Given two rectangles, write code to indicate when there is an intersection between them.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Adobe.

Great people. I really liked the people I interviewed with. Very nice, pleasant, and asked good questions. One interviewer brought along a junior team member to shadow her and ask her questions. This showed that they care about team members and their development.

Unfortunately, it took weeks to hear back from them and the recruiter wasn't very responsive. At the end they told me the position was on hold.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Adobe in September 2014.

I applied online, had a couple phone screen (background chat & coding) with the hiring manager and a machine learning scientist, went onsite to San Jose office.

In case you haven't heard about it, Adobe is also in the marketing cloud business now. And so that's probably why they're hiring a bit more of people in data science. I was interviewed with one of such team. The overall scheduling and interviews are well arranged. A mixture of coding, statistics and modeling problems are tested. I wish there was timely feedback after all the interviews were done.

Interview Questions
    • some high level idea of the real-world-ish problems they're solving   Answer Question

Research Interview

The mentor carried a phone interview to talk about research. For research intern, they focus on if your background match their requirements. And then the mentor have the right to decide for an offer.