Adobe Interview Questions in Orem, UT

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Adobe in October 2010.

A recruiter reached out and I had a couple of interviews with her, then I interviewed 3 or 4 times with management and senior management.

Interview Questions
    I was told a certain amount, then the manager acted like it was lower (he could have forgotten) and I had to remind him of the higher amount that I was told and he accepted.

MBA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in May 2012.

Recruiter did the initial screening for about 20 min and then walked through the position.

1) Phone interview with the hiring manager was very friendly discussion about my previous experience and the expectations from the role. Gave a very clear understanding of the project. Some questions were asked about skills:- excel, VBA, access etc.

Interview Questions
    • Case question: How would you approach renewals/retention strategy?   View Answer
    Compensation was standard

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Adobe in October 2011.

The interview was with 3 separate groups: the team leads, the entire storage team, and the manager alone.

All the interviews went well and I felt confident of my skills and the answers I provided. That said, Adobe is HUGE. They manage around 20 Pb of storage nationwide. As such, they require a person with a large amount of scripting knowledge in order to perform mass changes all at once. The 1-on-1 interview with the manager was a little strange. He asked some questions that were nearly impossible for me to answer. I was uneasy talking to him and he did not make me feel very comfortable. The workplace seems very modern and darkly-lit. The nearby cafe(s) made it feel as if I were in a hip little bistro the whole time - the smell of coffee was overwhelming.

The people were very nice and I would not have minded working with the team members.

Royalty Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Adobe in March 2010.

I had 2 phone interviews with separate people each lasting about 45 minutes. I then came in office for another interview. The interview lasted 1 1/2 hours. I learned later they had already decided they wanted to hire me. Mostly behavioral questions. I had the offer by the time I left the office.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Adobe in September 2010.

I had two onsite interviews at Adobe's Omniture campus in Orem, Utah. Their site is pretty cool; I especially like the wall in the lobby covered with plaques representing many of their high-profile customers. It immediately sets a tone that they are very proud of their customers, very customer-focused, and serious about delivering great products.
    My first interview went pretty well, didn't seem especially great but not bad. A few days afterward I was invited to come for a second interview with the manager of a software team. I left this interview feeling it went great. I thought I did really well on the technical parts of the interview and that I answered the questions asked appropriately. The position was described as a Senior Software Engineering position, but that they were looking for someone who wanted to move into a leadership role shortly, and I assured them this was exactly what I was looking for. So it seemed like everything was lined up well.
    At the end of the interview, I asked what the next steps were. The interviewer said he would have discussion with his boss (who was my first interviewer) and if they liked me they would have me come back for a couple more interviews with the team. But then he added that he had some great employees on his team that knew me and had worked with me and were giving me a high recommendation, and based on the interview we'd just had and the recommendations from his team, he already knew he was going to recommend we move to the next step.
    I left that second interview feeling pretty confident. I felt it had gone really well. And since I'd previously been offered a job at the same level some years before, it seemed likely that I would be able to do well again.
    So I waited to hear back from the recruiter who also works for Adobe in Orem. After a couple of weeks I followed up with him to ask what was happening - I pretty much figured we would be moving on in the process and was wondering what the delay was about. After a couple of tries i finally got the recruiter to reply to e-mail, where he said they had decided not to continue looking at me as a candidate.
    I of course respect their decision, but this really blew me away. I've tried to get a better explanation from the recruiter but nobody there will tell me what happened. The recruiter said he'd try to line me up with another group, but that's the last I've heard of him. I know they are still hiring and I know I am well qualified for other job openings that have come up. I cannot get the recruiter to reply to any further attempts at contact.

Ultimately I respect their decision, but that decision is completely incongruous with the way the interviews went and with what I was told at the end of my second interview. After coming to their campus on two different occasions and spending time there in interviews, I think I at least deserve an honest explanation of why, after the interviews seemingly went so well, they suddenly decided to look elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Write code to identify duplicate words in a list of words.   Answer Question

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!