Adobe Project Manager Interview Questions

3.6

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Adobe in April 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was quick, and I had a total of 5 interviews. This took place over the phone, and there was no face-to-face interview. Process took a bit longer as I wanted to, and I wasn't given an official offer till I verbally accepted the position. Constantly had to reach out to the recruiter to get a reply, but response was fast.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The only disappointment was that the package was lower than what was initially discussed during the first call with the recruiter. They said Finance got the number wrong.

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Adobe (Lehi, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

Very professional, exceptionally fast response, very up front on salary expectations, met with 12 people. 5 phone interviews 7 on site in one day. No real surprise questions. Recruiter follow-up was excellent. I did have references from current employees.

Interview Questions

• How to handle difficult clients. Questions were open ended and allowing one to sell their strengths. No real surprises. All but 1 of my 12 interviews was 30 minutes and went the all 30, the exception was with the hiring director his was 60 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Knew from the 1st interview is the salary range was acceptable. Offer was fair. I appreciated their no nonsense approach.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a total of 5 telephone interviews for a 3 month contract.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay training with the current person doing the job? We will be letting her know her contract is ending next week.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Plan on having numerous interviews. Decision is based on consensus which may prolong the process due to analysis paralysis. Expect long pauses in communication to let you know where you stand. Just because you get an offer, doesn't mean you get the job. There have been times when the offer was rescinded due to a hiring freeze imposed between the time you accepted the offer and your start date.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to say what your role was and your actually contribution, not just what "we" did. Plan on being asked how you deal with ambiguity when given a task. Expect to know how to navigate through the silos to get tasks done. Be prepared to give examples of this from previous jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Aim high, expect a lower offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter for a contract position. The recruiter found my resume online. I had an initial conversation with the recuriter that lasted about 25 minutes. The job requirements were very generic. My resume was forwarded to the hiring manager and a 45 minute phone screening with the hiring manager was scheduled for the following week. The interviewer was 25 minutes late for the call. When I did speak to her, she did not ask if I wanted to reschedule. She provided a brief overview of the position and the composition of her team. The interview only lasted 20 minutes as she had a hard stop in order to prep for her next meeting.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Adobe in September 2009.

Interview

Was contacted by someone I knew there re an upcoming contract position. Had initial conversation with that person re the project, the department, my relative experience and potential interest. Was then asked to submit a resume, examples of spreadsheets I had managed and sign paperwork to allow a bg check. Was then called in to meet with the Director and Senior Program Manager. We discussed the project, my relative experience and the dynamics of the various stakeholders involved in the project. Al in all it went well, and I got a good feeling for the team I would be working with. Had to wait to hear back on final decision for a few days. received job offer and took it!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about projects you have managed that had a variety of stakeholders.   Answer Question
    • What software have you used for project management and/or scheduling?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a good salary. No negotiation necessary.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Adobe in December 2008.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter to publicize opening. Ended up applying myself. Short phone interview with recruiter -- pretty standard HR questions. Never got the opportunity to talk about my technical expertise, which was a very good fit. Recruiter simply didn't reply to further contacts, not even to say that someone else (a friend of mine) was hired.