Adobe Quality Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Adobe in September 2009.

My overall experience of Adobe interview was worse. Interviewers and HR lacked professionalism.
I have heard most of the people saying positively about Adobe interviews. However I was unfortunate to get rejected in my first round of technical interview as I was interviewed 'to know, what i don't know'?

> Got a mail informing that my resume is shortlisted and asking whether I could take the written test (Quantitative/Analytical and Testing) on weekends (actually the best part ).

> I was present in adobe 10 mintutes before the schedule time of written test. There were quite a few people who had also come to take the written test. However the HR was late by half an hour.

> The written test is pretty easy. I was told from HR that i would be informed in a week about the result of written test.

> The next weekend I got a call from HR saying that I have cleared the written test and asked me whether I could come for Techincal Interview (4 rounds) in a weekday. I was OK with it and said yes. Then the HR told me that he/she would send me interview deatils via mail. But the confirmation mail was sent in the late evening just before the day of my interview after several followup's with HR.

> The day had come for technical round, I was present in adobe 10 mintutes before the schedule time.
This time HR was available in time.

> I was waiting for the interviewer in a discussion room. One of the interviwer walked in to the room and asked me to wait for few minutes as another member from his/her team would also join. You know what, the interviewer did not introduce himself and also was just working on his laptop. After a minute or so I myself asked him whether I could know his name? I guess he/she felt embarrassed and then got introduced.

> After few minutes another interviewer joined and the same happened, he/she did not introduce him/herself.

> They did not had a hard copy of my resume. So, i offered them a copy of my resume as I had few.

Technical Round:
> First question: Tell me about yourself.

> Second Question:
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much I rate myself on below topics? ( This is the question which I hate the most personally. Then why is the interview at all, a questionaire would have been suefficient?)
Manual Testing - I rated, 9.
Autoamtion testing - 8
Writing SQL queries - 4
Security Testing - 4
Security Testing concepts - 4

> They started asking me all Web and RDBMS related questions which is not my area of expertise and I had also not mentioned the same in my resume.

> There were few questions on testing concepts but it was all bookish.

> Not even a single question was asked about my current projects and only few questions were asked related to the skill sets i have acquired.

> While the whole interview is going on, the interviewers were actually working with their laptops.

> Finally they were in a hurry and left the discussion room asking me to wait for HR.

> HR turned up and asked me to wait in reception.

> I waited for more than a hour and nobody turned up. Meanwhile I tried calling the HR on his cell who was coordinating my interview, but could not reach.

> After an hour or HR came to me and asked whether I finished all my tech rounds. I said only one round has finished and I was asked to wait. HR asked me to wait again for few minutes.

> After 5 minutes, HR came back and said this is all for the day as the interviewers were in some meeting and HR would get in touch with me with result.

> Finally after few days I got a mail saying that i was not selected.

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in April 2010.

initially i was contacted by recruiter, then followed by phone screen, phone screen was taken by QA manager, then after 1 week they called me for onsite interview, my interview was taken by 7 interviewer. after this interview it was look like they liked me..but after 1 day recruiter again called me for second small onsite interview. and that interview was taken by QA Lead only. and i gave all write answer then also i got rejection.

Interview Questions
    • they asked me all programming question and testing question.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Adobe in May 2007.

It started with pen and paper round where I needed to solve testing related questions. Example test cases etc. Then I had 3-4 interview rounds where maximum questions were around QA. Last round by hiring manager was related to coding question and test cases around it.

Interview Questions

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!