Adobe Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated May 26, 2015

3.1

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially had a phone interview with an HR person with the typical questions about my background and desires. Then had an in-person interview with 5 people (30 min. each) that I'd be working with. No trick questions or anything, pretty standard. When I got home I saw an e-mail from them asking me to take an Excel test and turn it in a few days later. Wasn't too difficult at my level of expertise, but was a little time-consuming. Overall the interview was pleasant and stress-free.

Interview Questions

• What financial systems do you have experience with?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Slow, but very organized. The interview was fairly easy, 4 individual interviews about 30 minutes each. They want to see if you're a good fit, mostly behavioral questions. They want to know if you will get along with the people in the company, as well as the team. Interviewers are laid back and friendly and will walk through your resume and ask specifics.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to work with a difficult group   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then hiring manager, then with the person currently in the position. On site interview with hiring manager and 2 other team members.
    Going on site was very easy and well planned.

Interview Questions

• What sites do you visit to keep up to date on industry news?
      What events might effect the distribution of our product?

Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me directly on LinkedIn and asked me to meet and interview with the team. I had 7 phone interviews with team members around the country for a senior position, two of which were with recruiters. I was told I was a strong candidate and would hear back about a decision (between myself and one other person). I didn't receive any communication for a week so reached out for a status update. The recruiter promised follow up within the coming week. That was about 2 months ago. I gave up and moved on to another offer.

Interview Questions

• What top three areas should email marketers focus on in the coming year?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process includes a phone screening, two phone interviews and finally an onsite interview. The basic phone screening was just causal talk with the recruiter about my background and the job's responsibility, nothing technical. Then the two phone interviews were both technical. One emphasized on statistics, another one focused on coding. The onsite interview was a little longer compared to other top companies. I was interviewed by 7 people back to back, from engineers, data scientists to VP. The interviewers were nice and professional.

The overall experience is great. Adobe were the most generous company in term of travel compensation. They offered nice Hilton Hotel in downtown San Jose (walking distance to the interview site) as accommodation, $100 daily reimbursement for meals, and of course all the transportation expenses are covered. You will enjoy dealing with them!

Interview Questions

• I cannot reveal the questions I got asked. But here's some that has very similar flavor:
      1) Check if an integer is a palindrome (do not convert the integer to string)
      2) Given 2 sorted arrays of integers, code to find a number from each array such that their sum are closest to some integer K?
      3) What is the degree of freedom for lasso?

2 Answers

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Adobe contacted and recruited me for this role.

First, I had a phone screen interview with a recruiter. Then, I had an interview by telephone with the hiring manager. I was invited to Adobe for on-site interviews for nearly four hours. This part of the process was pretty quick (2-3 weeks). The recruiter and hiring manager confirmed that the interviews went well. They asked me to come back for a second round of on-site interviews.

Weeks went by with no information or updates. I checked in a couple of times. I was told that the interviewers were travelling and on holiday. But, they were still very interested in me and wanted me to come back in for a final round of interviews. More time went by (weeks...) I heard nothing. I did check during this time. The recruiter said he was working on the schedule and he would follow up with me within the next week. After another week and a half, The recruiter contacted with a brief "form letter" email that indicated that they decided that I was not a fit for the role.

Needless to say, I think their interview and follow-up process is flawed. All I can say is, be patient if you want to interview/work here. I've heard that this is a great place to work. Maybe they treat people better once they become employees? I interviewed at Google and they at least provided a phone call when this much time was invested in the interview/application process. I had a great experience with that recruiter and we are still in-touch re: career opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Why Adobe?, Tell me about a time you have managed difficult clients, competing priorities, etc.   Answer Question

Workplace Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Heard about this position through a family friend, applied online, got a call back the next day, three days later had an in person interview, one week later I got the job �� The interview was laid back yet informative. There wasn't any hars questions. It lasted about 40 minutes. I interviewed with my boss and my bosses boss.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went out of your way to help a customer   Answer Question

Adobe Sales Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Adobe had a booth at the career fair. I talked with the guys and gave them my resume, I had an interview with them the next day. Within a couple days I got an email inviting me to their main office in San Jose California. They paid for my flight and hotel as well as a $50 Visa card for taxi fairs. The interview was on a Monday and there were about 43 people interviewing for the job and I believe they were filling 15 spots. The interview was with 2 senior sales managers who were pretty cool guys. About 4 days later I got a phone call saying they liked me and wanted to have one more guy talk to me through Adobe Connect (like Skype). Not really sure what his role was but it was about 3 weeks after that they decided to offer the job to someone else. Bummer... Still seem like an awesome company to work for.

Adobe Sales Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was invited to San Jose to interview for the Adobe Sales Academy in November 2014. There were about 30 other candidates with me during the day I interviewed (they also interviewed more candidates the day before). We got a tour of the HQ, then ate lunch with sales managers, followed by an interview. Candidates also had to turn in a presentation assignment before the interview. I was interviewed by two sales managers, and the entire interview lasted about 15 minutes (for a 30 minute interview slot). I gave my presentation, and they asked me follow-up questions, as well as questions regarding my experience and skills. I got a call from the recruiter shortly after my interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

Received a better offer from another company.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application through a current employee (Adobe places high value on internal referrals so if possible, take that approach). First was an initial screening by HR person - asking things about experience, interest, salary expectations, reason for leaving, etc.

This was followed by a phone screening that involved questions to gauge my general skill levels in different areas. Subsequent to that was a three hour on-site interview with 6 people covering different angles (technical, functional, management, etc.). And one of the senior manager couldn't do the onsite interview so there was one more phone interview after that :)

Anyways, this gave me an impression that the group I was joining was very thorough and specific about what they were looking for, so when they made me an offer - I was happy to accept it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question