Adobe Interview Questions & Reviews in San Jose, CA

2.9

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in April 2012.

Lots of great questions, very conversational, but still difficult. I think the two primary interviewers may have been playing good cop/bad cop, they were both very friendly, but one was much more challenging than the other.

Interview Questions
    • When do you want to stop working? (retire...., I'm only 32 so this threw me off)
      How are you different from your manager?
      Lots of behavioral questions specific to my role
        Answer Question
    Good. They were friendly and valued me during the process. They budged on some things and were immoveable on others.

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Adobe.

Recruited by a colleague with whom I worked at a previous employer. Initial phone screen by hiring manager, followed by a full day of in-person interviews, 30-45 minutes each, 9 total, including the head of HR and the Director of Engineering (reported to COO). They bought me lunch on site and gave me a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions and none that stood out as difficult. Pretty standard behavior, goals and strength/weaknesses type questions. Some programming quiz type questions, like, describe how you would synchronize the classic one-lane bridge problem: What's the shared resource? How would you make the scheduler fair? What data structure would you use to maintain the arrival order of cars waiting to enter the bridge?   Answer Question
    I'm a tough negotiator and so were they. I asked for the moon in salary, they, very professionally, said no without any beating around the bush, which I appreciated, and countered with an overall compensation package, which included profit sharing bonuses, equity, and 401k matching.

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Adobe in December 2010.

Relatively easy interview with C coding questions, algorithm questions, behavioral questions. Very nice HR and group. The interview process was a campus selection process for the new graduates. I was informed within the next 3 days of the acceptance and received offer in the next 2 days.

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2010.

I interviewed with 5 people over the course of a month, all individually and in-person with the exception of 1 person that was remote. Appeared to be varied approaches as if they divided and conquered. One interviewer was more antagonistic than the others and appeared not to be interested in my response.

Interview Questions
    • What is a program that did not meet expectations, how was it communicated, and what was your response?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in March 2014.

The hiring process started off with a phone interview with hiring manager, and then I was invited on-site where I had face-to-face interviews with 4 engineer on the team, the recruiter and the hiring manager. The interviews were pretty straight-forward. They mostly consisted of behavioral questions regarding past experience.

Interview Questions
    • The company uses scrum for project planning; so, they asked lots of questions regarding scrum, past experience, pros/cons, etc.   Answer Question

Quality Engneering Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Adobe in November 2013.

- Disinterested hiring manager did not even read the resume before interview
    - Haphazard and disorganized as the management team had already selected an internal candidate
    - The interview process was a sham to satisfy some vague hiring guidelines
    - Questions were mostly unrelated to position.
    - Each Interviewer had a totally different understanding of the job and tasks.
    - Recruiters were nice and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • - How many gas stations in San Jose.
      - Questions were mostly unrelated to position.
      - Extremely detailed expertise in particular testing tool required.
        Answer Question

Dead End position and sensing the group is on the chopping block.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in May 2014.

It was pretty straight forward. I had a telephone call with the computer scientist and then onsite discussion with 4 other team members. They never asked anything tough and were asking very general questions.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Adobe.

This was an extremely quick hiring process, in about two months I interviewed with 6 people over the phone, flew to San Jose and then started my new job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very thoughtful, but you needed to know about the products, industry and have an opinion/strategy on how you would approach the role and drive results. Asking questions is key to get the information you need to know if it is the right fit for you.   Answer Question

Saas Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Adobe in October 2013.

I was not formally interviewed as I was referred by a previous employeer. The interview was not formal but was in person and involved a couple hours walking around and talking about technical experience, solving particular technical problems. What language / technology would you use for this, why? We have this problem in our current release. How would you research and address this on the job? One of the harder parts was the process of getting the position. It can take a while for a new position can be approved.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was in the form of a conversation and not particularly formal so I can't really put down the most difficult question. I believe my experience to be atypical, but in general be ready to jump on technical problems, ask questions about the team, be familiar with the type of work you want to be hired for and ready to discuss any related topic.   Answer Question
    No benefits negotiation. There was wiggle room for the starting salary and sign-on bonus but the offer came in higher than I expected so I didn't negotiate more. I also discussed time off with my hiring manager but with the flexible time off benefits there wasn't much that needed to be asked for.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Adobe in October 2011.

Phone Call then individual interviews

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions about working with difficult people   Answer Question
    Yes was able to negotiate

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!