Adobe Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Adobe (Seattle, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

Email correspondence led to phone interviews. The last phone interview was a conference call with a hiring manager and two developers.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Adobe (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

I had a great phone screen with an engineer from the team who was really passionate about the job. When I came in for an interview almost everyone seemed really excited about the position and engaged--except for one guy who seemed rather disinterested. I was annoyed that they didn't break for lunch. Pro tip: if the interview starts before noon and ends in the afternoon, provide lunch for the candidate. What really annoyed me though is that I didn't hear back from the recruiter for over a month. I sent a polite thank-you card to the hiring manager and recruiter and expected a little more consideration. I was told they'd get back to me within a week and it took over a month. At the very least just check in and let me know that you're looking at a few more candidates before making a decision.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly difficult, although the product manager who interviewed me had some vague/open-ended product design questions--the sort of questions that totally depend on lots of other factors.   Answer Question

Product Innovation - Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

Their recruiter called me, I told him I was interested. We scheduled two quick phone interviews with the same person. They were both 45 minutes each, no coding involved (very surprisingly). I ended up not receiving the offer, I thought it was a standard software engineering one so I studied sorting and searching algorithms... They asked a lot of business related questions and product questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us a prototype description for something that you can make for adobe.   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Adobe (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

In keeping with Adobe's practical view on the world my interview was focused on culture fit and ability to solve real world problems.

I didn't get any "how many doorknobs in the city" kind of questions. Instead I had a series of conversations where interviewers probed my ability to solve tough problems they were currently facing (too many features, not enough time, too few resources - you know, the basics).

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was one the interviewers were then struggling with. They were trying to integrate branched codebases in different states for a premature release. I worked with the panel and walked through several possible solutions only to find none worked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple. I worked with HR and was specific about my requirements. HR managed my requirements and expectations professionally.

Recent Graduate Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adobe (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Position was for a recent college graduate position on the Digital Production Suite team. I was called by a recruiter at Adobe to come in to interview with the team. It happened on a single day - 5 interview, one hour each, back to back. Everybody I spoke to was extremely friendly and conversational. The position was supposed to be for somebody with a computer science background, but they were intrigued with my degrees in business and math so decided to interview me. Normally, there would have been algorithmic problem solving questions, but since I didn't have the comp. sci. background, they asked me general problem solving questions instead. I didn't hear from them for two weeks so I checked back in with recruiter. He called to tell me that they ultimately went with somebody in computer science.

Interview Questions

• What are some changes you would need to make when designing this program for an international audience?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Adobe (Seattle, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

This was for a contract to hire position. I interviewed on the phone, then was asked to interview in person with the individual who I spoke with on the phone as well as their manager.

I completed the second interview (in-person with manager and manager of manager). I sent a thank you letter to bother individuals and did not hear back. After a week I sent another email to follow-up and did not receive a response.

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adobe (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

A recruiter called and expressed a lot of interest. We set up an appointment for the manager to call me, and I never heard from him. I tried to follow up both with him and the recruiter; the recruiter didn't seem to know how to get in touch with him, and he would not return a call or email. Altogether, this experience was highly unprofessional and a waste of my time.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Adobe (Seattle, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

Fairly easy. Phone screen with HR. Phone screen with hiring manager. Phone interviews with at least 4 others and a face to face meeting with hiring manager and 1 or 2 others

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Can negotiate and it was not too hard to ask for more money

Systems Administrator Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Adobe (Seattle, WA) in March 2009.

Interview

Applied online through the Adobe careers site.

Took about 1 month for University Recruiting to get back to me.

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I thought went pretty well and over time.

About 2 weeks later, had the onsite interview with a Senior Systems Engineer and then got a tour of the office with the hiring manager.

Heard final results in about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about Virtual Machines? Do you know anything about ESX/VMware?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since this was an ad-hoc position that opened up.