Adobe

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Adobe in December 2013.

Email correspondence led to phone interviews. The last phone interview was a conference call with a hiring manager and two developers.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Adobe in June 2013.

I had a great phone screen with an engineer from the team who was really passionate about the job. When I came in for an interview almost everyone seemed really excited about the position and engaged--except for one guy who seemed rather disinterested. I was annoyed that they didn't break for lunch. Pro tip: if the interview starts before noon and ends in the afternoon, provide lunch for the candidate. What really annoyed me though is that I didn't hear back from the recruiter for over a month. I sent a polite thank-you card to the hiring manager and recruiter and expected a little more consideration. I was told they'd get back to me within a week and it took over a month. At the very least just check in and let me know that you're looking at a few more candidates before making a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly difficult, although the product manager who interviewed me had some vague/open-ended product design questions--the sort of questions that totally depend on lots of other factors.   Answer Question

Product Innovation - Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe in April 2013.

Their recruiter called me, I told him I was interested. We scheduled two quick phone interviews with the same person. They were both 45 minutes each, no coding involved (very surprisingly). I ended up not receiving the offer, I thought it was a standard software engineering one so I studied sorting and searching algorithms... They asked a lot of business related questions and product questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a prototype description for something that you can make for adobe.   View Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Adobe in March 2012.

In keeping with Adobe's practical view on the world my interview was focused on culture fit and ability to solve real world problems.

I didn't get any "how many doorknobs in the city" kind of questions. Instead I had a series of conversations where interviewers probed my ability to solve tough problems they were currently facing (too many features, not enough time, too few resources - you know, the basics).

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was one the interviewers were then struggling with. They were trying to integrate branched codebases in different states for a premature release. I worked with the panel and walked through several possible solutions only to find none worked.   View Answer
    Simple. I worked with HR and was specific about my requirements. HR managed my requirements and expectations professionally.

Recent Graduate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adobe in May 2011.

Position was for a recent college graduate position on the Digital Production Suite team. I was called by a recruiter at Adobe to come in to interview with the team. It happened on a single day - 5 interview, one hour each, back to back. Everybody I spoke to was extremely friendly and conversational. The position was supposed to be for somebody with a computer science background, but they were intrigued with my degrees in business and math so decided to interview me. Normally, there would have been algorithmic problem solving questions, but since I didn't have the comp. sci. background, they asked me general problem solving questions instead. I didn't hear from them for two weeks so I checked back in with recruiter. He called to tell me that they ultimately went with somebody in computer science.

Interview Questions
    • What are some changes you would need to make when designing this program for an international audience?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Adobe in August 2010.

This was for a contract to hire position. I interviewed on the phone, then was asked to interview in person with the individual who I spoke with on the phone as well as their manager.

I completed the second interview (in-person with manager and manager of manager). I sent a thank you letter to bother individuals and did not hear back. After a week I sent another email to follow-up and did not receive a response.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adobe in July 2010.

A recruiter called and expressed a lot of interest. We set up an appointment for the manager to call me, and I never heard from him. I tried to follow up both with him and the recruiter; the recruiter didn't seem to know how to get in touch with him, and he would not return a call or email. Altogether, this experience was highly unprofessional and a waste of my time.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Adobe in February 2010.

Fairly easy. Phone screen with HR. Phone screen with hiring manager. Phone interviews with at least 4 others and a face to face meeting with hiring manager and 1 or 2 others

Interview Questions
    Can negotiate and it was not too hard to ask for more money

Systems Administrator Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Adobe in March 2009.

Applied online through the Adobe careers site.

Took about 1 month for University Recruiting to get back to me.

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I thought went pretty well and over time.

About 2 weeks later, had the onsite interview with a Senior Systems Engineer and then got a tour of the office with the hiring manager.

Heard final results in about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you know about Virtual Machines? Do you know anything about ESX/VMware?   Answer Question
    No negotiation since this was an ad-hoc position that opened up.