Adobe Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got an on-campus interview from career fair. Talked to the hiring manager the second day. Invited for a Adobe Technical Interview Forum which is a two-day process during which you talk to different teams on the first day and interview with different teams that you are interested in on the second day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

it is very normal process 5 round and 5 different guy ask you different question, it include detail things with programming design pattern agile and project management,it include detail things with programming design pattern agile and project management

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through collage career fair and had an on-campus interview. Then, got a onsite interview the week after. We spent two days at Adobe. The first day was like a mini career fair. We can talk to the teams that we are interested in. By the end of the day we ranked the teams that we are willing to interview with. At that night we got our interview schedule for tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• The team I interviewed with asked four simple technical questions.
      (1) Finding bugs in a C code (something about index out of bound.)
      (2) Basic idea of constructor and destructor in C++.
      (3) Given an integer array and its length. Eliminate the duplicated numbers in the array.
      (4) Point out the flaw of a class in C++ (poor memory management.)

Answer Question

Application

Interview

On campus, 3 round of onsite, people are good, very good. There are many teams that are hiring so that I have 3 rounds of it. Many multimedia position and QA besides programmer.

Interview Questions

• find the all the nodes in a tree which the distance of k to the target node   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adobe in November 2014.

Interview

I'm students from UCLA. I talked to their HR in the career fail and got an onsite interview the next day. They asked me a simple porgramming problem: How to find the overlap of the rectangulars? The intervierer is one of their IT and is really nice.

Interview Questions

• The question that I mentioned is the only question that I got in that interview. However, there're several simple following quesitons like: does this program work if two given rectangulars don't overlab at all... However, those questions are also simple.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through the career fair and had a onsite interview the next day.
    The interviewer asked me whether I have used Hadoop before and ask me about the recommendation system. Obviously they are looking for data engineer/scientist at the moment.

But I was not prepared for that so I got declined.

Interview Questions

• How would you use the recommendation system for Netflix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

My school held a career fair on campus, and I interviewed the next day through the career center. I was scheduled for a 30 minute slot, and the Senior Software Engineer that interviewed me was great. We talked about my classes, interests, and then I was asked to answer a technical question at the end.

Interview Questions

• You are given a rectangle's height, width, and the x and y coordinates of its upper left-hand corner. Given two rectangles, write code to indicate when there is an intersection between them.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe.

Interview

There are two rounds: a phone screen and an on-site interviews. The phone screen asks about your previous projects and your goal in career. We only did one simple technical question writing a factorial function (be careful of edge cases and input errors). Got to the on-site interview meeting with the manager and two other people on the team. The manager asks out vision and goal and another simple technical question. The second person asks two more harder technical questions, but still not too hard. The final one asks a brain teaser and an object-oriented design.

Interview Questions

• (1) Factorial and Fibonacci functions (recursion, trade-off, what if we want to call it several times?)
      (2) Given a binary tree, return another tree with reverse in-order traversal.
      (3) Find output and bugs in a given program.
      (4) Design an object-oriented program for a library (emphasis on users, types of books, check-out, return)

1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe (Lehi, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Had a phone interview, then went on site for another. The questions were not to hard. The questions were mostly related to stuff you would do for the job, nothing tricky or unexpected. Next I met with the team for the same type of questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you pull this data out of this SQL table without loading it all into memory?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Couple technical phone interviews followed by 2 rounds of onsite interview. Basically a total of about 8 interviews each being 45 minutes long. Onsite are little stressful but people are nice and make sure you are doing fine.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical - from memory management to algorithms to system design.   Answer Question