Adobe Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

3.4

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through the career fair and had a onsite interview the next day.
The interviewer asked me whether I have used Hadoop before and ask me about the recommendation system. Obviously they are looking for data engineer/scientist at the moment.

But I was not prepared for that so I got declined.

Interview Questions
  • How would you use the recommendation system for Netflix?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe.

There are two rounds: a phone screen and an on-site interviews. The phone screen asks about your previous projects and your goal in career. We only did one simple technical question writing a factorial function (be careful of edge cases and input errors). Got to the on-site interview meeting with the manager and two other people on the team. The manager asks out vision and goal and another simple technical question. The second person asks two more harder technical questions, but still not too hard. The final one asks a brain teaser and an object-oriented design.

Interview Questions
    • (1) Factorial and Fibonacci functions (recursion, trade-off, what if we want to call it several times?)
      (2) Given a binary tree, return another tree with reverse in-order traversal.
      (3) Find output and bugs in a given program.
      (4) Design an object-oriented program for a library (emphasis on users, types of books, check-out, return)
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe in April 2014.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Had a phone interview, then went on site for another. The questions were not to hard. The questions were mostly related to stuff you would do for the job, nothing tricky or unexpected. Next I met with the team for the same type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you pull this data out of this SQL table without loading it all into memory?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Couple technical phone interviews followed by 2 rounds of onsite interview. Basically a total of about 8 interviews each being 45 minutes long. Onsite are little stressful but people are nice and make sure you are doing fine.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly technical - from memory management to algorithms to system design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Adobe in January 2013.

After going to a summer intern career fair and talking to a recruiter, she called back that evening to schedule an in-person interview on the up-coming Friday. The Interviewer was a Senior Software Engineer and easy-going. There weren't any technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when faced a problem in one of your projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Adobe in November 2012.

Talked to the guy at an on campus career fair, then got an on-site interview after a telephone call to figure out the availability. Process was quick and HR was friendly. Got a tour of their excellent new building in Lehi. Interviewed with two team managers. Got rejected the following Wednesday.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about some machine learning algorithms you know   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Adobe in December 2009.

I applied to San Jose, CA position online. Then an HR person representing the Newton, MA office contacted me, which was win-win because I live in Boston and I had contacts also working for or with the Newton office. After a phone interview with two managers, I came in to the office, gave a presentation of my past work, and then had video-conference based interviews with five people.

Everyone sounded interested in my work, and we had a good series of back-and-forth discussions about the current technology used at Adobe and what sort of changes might be made in the future.

It was not a cake-walk of an interview (e.g. I did have to prepare a presentation), but I felt like I was engaging a set of peers, rather than talking to people attempting to intimidate me or prove that they were smarter than I am.

Interview Questions
    • What was your first programming project?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

One round of technical paper test. The purpose is to test the candidate's fundamental technical knowledge and skill, logical thinking, problem solving, and algorithms.
    One round of technical interview. To get to know in detail the technical strengths (and weakness).
    Two rounds of manager interview. About all the other aspects the company cares about the candidate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe in May 2013.

It was a campus interview. Initial selection included a written test consisting of 2 parts of Aptitude and Technical Assessment.

Interview process had 5 rounds. 4 technical rounds included problems from various topics like Operating systems, data structures and a few puzzles. HR round was more of a casual talk comprising of package discussion and future expectations and plans.

Overall process was fun and interviewers were very supportive solving the problem as you go along and giving you hints when you are stuck.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any unexpected questions. Data structure based questions were from the ones floating around the internet. Others were puzzle based like 2-egg problem, weighing-pool balls puzzle etc.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Adobe.

Had an initial interview at my school. Then I was invited to their onsite interview where they flew in about 70 people from various schools. We were able to talk to all the teams and decide who we wanted to interview with. I was lucky and got to interview with all the teams I wanted. Afterwards I had another onsite with that team for 5 more interviews.

Interview Questions
    didn't negotiate as i had already rejected my other offers and the offer given was very attractive