Adobe

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lehi, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward. Had a phone interview, then went on site for another. The questions were not to hard. The questions were mostly related to stuff you would do for the job, nothing tricky or unexpected. Next I met with the team for the same type of questions.

Interview Question – How would you pull this data out of this SQL table without loading it all into memory?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Adobe.

Interview Details – There are two rounds: a phone screen and an on-site interviews. The phone screen asks about your previous projects and your goal in career. We only did one simple technical question writing a factorial function (be careful of edge cases and input errors). Got to the on-site interview meeting with the manager and two other people on the team. The manager asks out vision and goal and another simple technical question. The second person asks two more harder technical questions, but still not too hard. The final one asks a brain teaser and an object-oriented design.

Interview Question – (1) Factorial and Fibonacci functions (recursion, trade-off, what if we want to call it several times?)
(2) Given a binary tree, return another tree with reverse in-order traversal.
(3) Find output and bugs in a given program.
(4) Design an object-oriented program for a library (emphasis on users, types of books, check-out, return)
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Adobe

Interview Details – Couple technical phone interviews followed by 2 rounds of onsite interview. Basically a total of about 8 interviews each being 45 minutes long. Onsite are little stressful but people are nice and make sure you are doing fine.

Interview Question – Mostly technical - from memory management to algorithms to system design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Adobe in January 2013.

Interview Details – After going to a summer intern career fair and talking to a recruiter, she called back that evening to schedule an in-person interview on the up-coming Friday. The Interviewer was a Senior Software Engineer and easy-going. There weren't any technical questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when faced a problem in one of your projects.   Answer Question

Lehi, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in November 2012.

Interview Details – Talked to the guy at an on campus career fair, then got an on-site interview after a telephone call to figure out the availability. Process was quick and HR was friendly. Got a tour of their excellent new building in Lehi. Interviewed with two team managers. Got rejected the following Wednesday.

Interview Question – Talk about some machine learning algorithms you know   View Answer

Newton, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in December 2009.

Interview Details – I applied to San Jose, CA position online. Then an HR person representing the Newton, MA office contacted me, which was win-win because I live in Boston and I had contacts also working for or with the Newton office. After a phone interview with two managers, I came in to the office, gave a presentation of my past work, and then had video-conference based interviews with five people.

Everyone sounded interested in my work, and we had a good series of back-and-forth discussions about the current technology used at Adobe and what sort of changes might be made in the future.

It was not a cake-walk of an interview (e.g. I did have to prepare a presentation), but I felt like I was engaging a set of peers, rather than talking to people attempting to intimidate me or prove that they were smarter than I am.

Interview Question – What was your first programming project?   View Answer

Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Adobe in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was a campus interview. Initial selection included a written test consisting of 2 parts of Aptitude and Technical Assessment.

Interview process had 5 rounds. 4 technical rounds included problems from various topics like Operating systems, data structures and a few puzzles. HR round was more of a casual talk comprising of package discussion and future expectations and plans.

Overall process was fun and interviewers were very supportive solving the problem as you go along and giving you hints when you are stuck.

Interview Question – There were not any unexpected questions. Data structure based questions were from the ones floating around the internet. Others were puzzle based like 2-egg problem, weighing-pool balls puzzle etc.   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in September 2012.

Interview Details – Written paper then 3 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – Why do you program in c++ when all major codebases are in C   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe.

Interview Details – Had an initial interview at my school. Then I was invited to their onsite interview where they flew in about 70 people from various schools. We were able to talk to all the teams and decide who we wanted to interview with. I was lucky and got to interview with all the teams I wanted. Afterwards I had another onsite with that team for 5 more interviews.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate as i had already rejected my other offers and the offer given was very attractive

Mumbai (India)

Interviewed at Adobe

Interview Details – People were very friendly and tried to augment the answers.

Interview Question – There is an array of size n which consists of any numbers from 1 to n .Find the numbers in the array which are appear more than once   View Answers (3)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Adobe

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adobe Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Adobe employees and interview candidates.