Adobe

Updated Dec 13, 2014

3.3

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe in November 2014.

I applied through collage career fair and had an on-campus interview. Then, got a onsite interview the week after. We spent two days at Adobe. The first day was like a mini career fair. We can talk to the teams that we are interested in. By the end of the day we ranked the teams that we are willing to interview with. At that night we got our interview schedule for tomorrow.

Interview Questions
  • The team I interviewed with asked four simple technical questions.
    (1) Finding bugs in a C code (something about index out of bound.)
    (2) Basic idea of constructor and destructor in C++.
    (3) Given an integer array and its length. Eliminate the duplicated numbers in the array.
    (4) Point out the flaw of a class in C++ (poor memory management.)

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Software Engineer Interview

On campus, 3 round of onsite, people are good, very good. There are many teams that are hiring so that I have 3 rounds of it. Many multimedia position and QA besides programmer.

Interview Questions
    • find the all the nodes in a tree which the distance of k to the target node   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through the career fair and had a onsite interview the next day.
    The interviewer asked me whether I have used Hadoop before and ask me about the recommendation system. Obviously they are looking for data engineer/scientist at the moment.

But I was not prepared for that so I got declined.

Interview Questions
    • How would you use the recommendation system for Netflix?   View Answer

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe.

There are two rounds: a phone screen and an on-site interviews. The phone screen asks about your previous projects and your goal in career. We only did one simple technical question writing a factorial function (be careful of edge cases and input errors). Got to the on-site interview meeting with the manager and two other people on the team. The manager asks out vision and goal and another simple technical question. The second person asks two more harder technical questions, but still not too hard. The final one asks a brain teaser and an object-oriented design.

Interview Questions
    • (1) Factorial and Fibonacci functions (recursion, trade-off, what if we want to call it several times?)
      (2) Given a binary tree, return another tree with reverse in-order traversal.
      (3) Find output and bugs in a given program.
      (4) Design an object-oriented program for a library (emphasis on users, types of books, check-out, return)

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe in April 2014.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Had a phone interview, then went on site for another. The questions were not to hard. The questions were mostly related to stuff you would do for the job, nothing tricky or unexpected. Next I met with the team for the same type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you pull this data out of this SQL table without loading it all into memory?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Couple technical phone interviews followed by 2 rounds of onsite interview. Basically a total of about 8 interviews each being 45 minutes long. Onsite are little stressful but people are nice and make sure you are doing fine.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly technical - from memory management to algorithms to system design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Adobe in January 2013.

After going to a summer intern career fair and talking to a recruiter, she called back that evening to schedule an in-person interview on the up-coming Friday. The Interviewer was a Senior Software Engineer and easy-going. There weren't any technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when faced a problem in one of your projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Adobe in November 2012.

Talked to the guy at an on campus career fair, then got an on-site interview after a telephone call to figure out the availability. Process was quick and HR was friendly. Got a tour of their excellent new building in Lehi. Interviewed with two team managers. Got rejected the following Wednesday.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about some machine learning algorithms you know   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Adobe in December 2009.

I applied to San Jose, CA position online. Then an HR person representing the Newton, MA office contacted me, which was win-win because I live in Boston and I had contacts also working for or with the Newton office. After a phone interview with two managers, I came in to the office, gave a presentation of my past work, and then had video-conference based interviews with five people.

Everyone sounded interested in my work, and we had a good series of back-and-forth discussions about the current technology used at Adobe and what sort of changes might be made in the future.

It was not a cake-walk of an interview (e.g. I did have to prepare a presentation), but I felt like I was engaging a set of peers, rather than talking to people attempting to intimidate me or prove that they were smarter than I am.

Interview Questions
    • What was your first programming project?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Adobe in December 2014.

The process of interview is good.
    2 online tests (one apptitude, one on C), very easy. Caled for face to face almost after 2 weeks. 1st round was ok. The guy was intelligent and sound. I cleared. 2nd round. A rude guy with lot of questions, but not willing to here answer of any. He rejected some of the straight forward answers. It was just what he knows was correct. Such a fool I saw at Adobe. Sad, not because he rejected me, but because of the fact that fools are everywhere. Happy, because I will not have to work with such a fool.

Interview Questions
    • C string manipulation. bash script. etc   View Answer