Adobe

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adobe in February 2012.

Interview Details – I imagined myself in the position based on the job requirement, and my feeling was – ‘perfect’. Applied. Found someone for baby care, paid 30$. I was interviewed for around 5 minutes. I was asked abt my past experience. That person tried to dig into one area. It was little difficult for her to get it because that person was pre-occupied with certain idea (I guess). That person sounded perfect, professional and technically sharp as well. I cursed my day, pronunciation/accent when that person changed voice to make me feel – I cannot get you…, waste of time. I thought it is reasonable from her side. But I did not feel same when I realized, she hadn’t even look at first page of my resume and don’t know about my background….. And funny thing is I was asked to read the job requirement I applied. Then I was informed, my resume was routed to the wrong table. I applied for job ‘A’, interviewed for job ‘B’. Fair enough,.. happens. That person said bye to me saying another person will interview me. I was hoping a call/ email but nobody has contacted me regarding this.
It’s their decision/ right to choose who they want. No complain, just experience.

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Adobe in November 2010.

Interview Details – The overall recruiting process was painfully long, lasting about 3 months! First off a 30-45 minutes phone screening, followed by a week long practical home assignment (medium difficulty) and then there were 4 face to face (both 1:1 and group) interviewes.

As for the quality of the process and people: HR representative asked the same boring questions (future plans, most challenging task, most difficult situation involving bashing your manager) and the technical guys strived to impress me with their so-called knowledge. As it stood, I later worked with some of the technical people and found that they were simply show-offs...

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, except the "tricky" way of asking simple questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You either take it or leave it.

Software QA Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Adobe in June 2008.

Interview Details – The recruiters got my number from LinkedIn and scheduled me for an 1 hour interview with the technical staff.
They asked me a lot of questions about my current job and about software testing in general.
Unfortunately they were looking for a Software Tester and not for a real Software QA. Once this was clear enough, I have told them I am not interested anymore and we agree to stop.

Interview Question – What is the difference between White Box testing and Black Box testing?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It wasn't what I was looking for.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!