Adobe Systems India Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014
Updated Sep 19, 2014

3.6

Computer Scientist Interview

Series of questions on puzzles, algorithms, and data structures.
    Questions from resume - insight into solving real life technical challenges

Interview Questions
    • The questions are as if company is hiring for rocket science. The work as one realizes after a couple of years is exact opposite.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adobe Systems India in April 2014.

I had the online test on 27/04/14.It consisted of two rounds
    analytic reasoning and quantitative
    2.technical
    analytic reasoning questions were pretty difficult.it consumes lots of time.quantitative were easy.start the test from last.Last 15 questions were primary school level questions.There were total 45 questions for 50 minutes
    Technical has 14 objective basic C questions and 4 coding questions.No online compiling.

Interview Questions
    • use random function in c and generate array of sequence of numbers which should not be repeated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through campus placement process.
    First round was written round which includes 2 papers.
    1. Aptitude : There was general questions on DI and lots of questions were on geometry .
    2. Technical : 3 easy coding questions and 15 objective base on c/c++ output questions ,oS,DBMS etc.
    Coding questions was very easy like Matrix multiplication ,Display Star Pattern and Binary to decimal.
    Key : Puzzles,60-70% Interview was focus on puzzles
    After That we Had 3 rounds of interview at their site(Noida).
    First Round : one coding question(All permutation of string),one puzzle,test case scenario for one of their software .
    Second Round : Resume Reading,Actually it depends on interviewer to interviewer . In this round he asked my about every single word.Searched on google and opened my github account,App accounts everything.
    So Everyone suppose to carry a real resume .

Third Round : There he asked me 6-7 puzzles back to back and then 2 coding question ,asked to code them as well.

Tips for the interview : Just use presence of mind and don't cram stuff .If your logics are clear most probably you will crack it.

Software Engineer White Box Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Adobe Systems India in February 2014.

I applied through online job portal and then received an email for the further process.

The process started on Saturday with two written papers.
    First paper was technical.It contained subjective as well objective questions. Subjectives were very common and easy and objectives were mainly of type if program will compile or give error at specific line or output.
    Second was quant and aptitude. Quant was easy but apti was difficult and time was also very less.It contained questions like seating arrangments according to various rules and then 4 to 5 question based on it.These were CAT level questions.
    Both were 45 mins each.
    Please be carefull as in each paper there are two sections and there is sectional cutoff so u need to clear all the four sections' cutoff.
    After that those who cleared written were taken upstiars for further interview.
    4 technical rounds were supposed to happen.Out of 18 around 11 cleared written.
    My 2 interviews happened that day and by that time it was 6 in the evening so they told us that further 2 technical and one HR would be taken n a weekday and we all were given a slot in which we had to come again for further rounds.
    On Saturday there were now 4 to 5 people who had cleared 2 tech rounds.
    Then i went there again on Wednesday as it was scheduled for me for further rounds.
    Had 2 technicals and 1 HR that day but result was to be announced on Friday.

Mainly in the interviews, they ask about puzzles to check your analytical skills and will give you random things to provide test cases on them

Puzzles were like you have 3 litres jug and 5 litres jug, how will u mease 4 ltrs.
    25 horse and one rac course can accomodate 5 horses puzzle
    transpose matrix program
    you have 50 trucks and each has 50 ltrs capacity. how will you manage to any of the one truck to travel maximum distance
    Give test cases of a pen, coffee vending machine, makemytrip ticket booking testcases
    which adobe products have you used
    dificult situation you handled in project
    why adobe
    print vowels in a string
    compare 2 strings and print the common letters only once
    difference between windows xp and windows 7 architecture
    algorithm for dispensing cash in ATM machine
    what are registry files in system
    what happens when you install a software
    what will happen if your app's server crashes

do not worry if you are nit able to reach the answer because these people only wnat to check the approach you are using to solve a problem.

Each technical interview will last for an hour

1.5 hrs test + 4 hrs of intrvw and then arnd 10 minutes of discussion with HR

This is the total process for them in general cases and is really hectic.

On Friday i got an email that i am selected :)

Thanks to God :)

Interview Questions
    • there was a triangle puzzle. in between 2 points , an additional point was added and more traingles were made in that triangel . Then in another triangle, 2 additional points were mad in between 2 triangle points and so on.I had to calculate the ratio of points and the number of triangles.Was not able to solve this at all.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adobe Systems India in January 2014.

I applied through a recruiter and i had one phone interview. The interview started off with basic time complexity questions for different datastructures. Then, i was asked one algorithm question regarding lists of anagrams which i could not answer. I was notified a couple of weeks later of my candidature being rejected by my recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • The question was: Given a paragraph of english text, output groups of words, one group per line, where each group represents words that are anagrams of each other and consists of the anagrams in lexicographically sorted order. the groups on different lines are also sorted in lexicographical order with respect to each other   View Answers (2)

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Adobe Systems India in January 2014.

Aptitude - Coding - 4 PI with QE Managers - 1 PI with Director - 1 HR. Puzzles Test Cases Data Structures and a bit of Operating System Concepts.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Adobe Systems India in November 2013.

It was a very simple and smooth process. The HR people firsts calls you and fixes a time for technical round with the respective Manager. When you clear that round, they schedule another round with the Global Manager. And then the whole process of document verification and negotiations starts.

Interview Questions
    • They focus on what you have done and try to find a fit. It was mostly work related questions   Answer Question
    Yes, they accepted to negotiate and have offered me as per my quoted figures.

Services Marketing Manager Interview

Interview consisted of 3 rounds. 1st two rounds consisting of role-specific questions happened on the same day itself. The 3rd round was a HR round which happened on a later date. This round mainly consisted of personal questions, salary negotiation and so on. The entire interview process took around a month’s time.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any scope for Adobe products in the cloud-based environment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Adobe Systems India.

Had 2 rounds of phone interviews both lasting around 45 minutes. The 1st round revolved around projects done and coursework like Operating System - deadlocks and synchronisation etc
    The 2nd round was a programming interview where the usual questions of arrays and string manipulation like finding the a single repeated no , finding 2 repeated nos etc were asked

Interview Questions
    • print all edge nodes of a complete binary tree anti-clockwise?   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adobe Systems India in August 2013.

Written exam consisting of aptitude and coding questions, nothing too difficult. After you qualify the written test, you have to appear for the interview. The interview consists of 4 rounds of technical interviews. Each interview will focus on technical understanding of problems and your experience with handling various data structures comes in handy.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me a question from theoretical computer science which was quite unexpected.   Answer Question