Adolfson & Peterson Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Adolfson & Peterson

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson in January 2013.

I met with the General Superintendent and Sr. Project manager, both of which looked as if they could chew 16 penny nails or cut you in half with a simple stare. I was asked a series of questions such as, "why do you want to work for Adlofson & Peterson, have you ever worked for a General contractor before, why do you want to leave your present employer. I was then told that They would like to put me to work under two sr. superintendents and to email them my resume.

Interview Questions
    phone conversation outlining the offer

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson.

While A&P seems like a fantastic company to work for, I encourage you to really think twice about continuing through the interview process. I had a phone interview, and two in person interviews. The VP of the regional office was supposed to be there for both in person interviews, but he left early or left just right as my interview was beginning. Which I thought was totally fine, until I got the rejection call. Apparently the VP wanted someone with a very specific skill set, which I had limited knowledge of. I think that if the VP would have actually sat in on the interview like I was told he was going to, he would have seen me as a good fit for the company. Long story short, A & P really needs to hold their VP's to a higher standard, and ensure that they are following through. It gave me the impression that the VP doesn't really care about potential interview candidates, if he just leaves the office despite a previous commitment.

Interview Questions
    • All of the interview questions were easy. Nothing seemed overly challenging.   Answer Question

Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson in February 2014.

I was very impressed with the interview process. The phone interview was with HR, and a very traditional/expected interview, asking traditional phone interview questions. They would not release the position's salary range though which was a disappointment so I didn't know where my requirements fell in the spectrum of their budget. In person interview started with what would become my future boss, and questions were more job related. There was a 15 minute written test (position related). Then their was a round-robin of 15min-30min interviews with other management team members, 4 total. This was more casual conversation about the company, the position, their roles, how we would be interacting, etc. Have good questions prepared and know that you need to pull out business networking conversation skills so you are prepared to keep a 30 minute business conversation intriguing on both sides of the conversation. 2nd in person interviews were with two VPs of the office.

Interview Questions
    • Make up a story about an object on my desk so I can see your creativity   Answer Question
    My salary requirements were not met which was a disappointment, but I also didn't want to negotiate. I would rather plan on proving myself within the first year and revisit the pay after they can see my worth. The benefits are better than what is listed on their website.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson in April 2011.

Human Resources had no idea how to manage my migratory status I'm an F-1 visa holder and I did their job instead. Not enough knowledge in the process which was a really big hassle

Interview Questions
    It was my mistake for taking the offer right away. The offer was low but I wanted experience before graduation so I took it.

Worked for Adolfson & Peterson? Contribute to the Community!