Advance America Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advance America.

Interview

Two part interview, usually same day if the first interviewer is interested. Basic questions of how would you handle this situation, are you comfortable working with money, do you have a passion for sales and customer service, are you self motivated. If answers are satisfactory, you will be sent to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advance America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Advance America (New Albany, MS) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an open house interview, you bring your resume and they go over your skills with you in the first interview. If decided you are a good candidate, they send you in with an interview with the district manager who then goes into further detail about what the job is about and tells you about the company. The DM also asks you questions about your past experiences, why you left/are leaving your job, ect.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an angry customer at your past job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Advance America (Pensacola, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Unusual questions. One that I recall was I was asked to "sell" (some type of item that I was handed) to the interviewing manager. Not a good interview question, because how am I to sell something I do not know anything about or believe is better than a competitor's in some fashion?

Interview Questions

• To "sell" a widget of the interviewer's choice to the interviewer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pekin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advance America (Pekin, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

I initially interviewed for a position as an assistant with the company. I had a telephone interview and then two in person interviews. At the second interview I was told that a decision would be made in the next two days and I would be contacted either way. I heard nothing for over a week. When I went into the center to make my payment I told the manager that I felt it was very unprofessional of the district manager for not calling. I received a call 2 days after that telling me they went with another candidate. Two to three weeks later I got another call from the district manager with an offer for a position as a center manager. She said that I was a leader and not a follower. I was then hired in as a store manager.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or surprise questions. It was a pretty standard set of questions for any sales position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance America (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2011.

Interview

Welll it was like 30 minutes long she pretty much described the job and asked me the duties I perform atmy current or previous job

Interview Questions

• What is your typical day lke at your current/previous employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negogiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance America (Elk City, OK) in June 2011.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with the Center Manager. After this I was called in for a face to face interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Once offered the position I had to pass a background and drug test within 24 hours to be eligible to start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate pay a little but they would have to keep going back to upper management for approval.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advance America (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2010.

Interview

Online application process involved a questionaire. First in person interview done by direct supervisor at the store location. It went well and we hit it off. Second interview completed by DDO at the same location. The funny thing was that the DDO told me the details about the drug test and a start date but never actually offered me the job. Turns out she quit about a week after I started.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Typical of most interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting pay between $10-11 per hour. She wanted to give me $10/hour but when I reminded her that during the interview she said she would have me be a manager if she had a spot open she agreed to start me at $11/hour.

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Advance America (Bowling Green, KY) in October 2009.

Interview

Very short interview. Very unprofessional. Just basically told me about the job and didn't really ask any pertinent questions.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want this position?   1 Answer

I didn't like the manager, her demeanor or the way she conducted business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Advance America (Dayton, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone interview then 1 on 1 interview. Conducted drug test and background check. Position offered and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate slightly higher starting salary due to past experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advance America (Largo, FL) in October 2008.

Interview

Ask if they were hiring filled out application took drug test, watch the Manager work for 2 hours then went to training for 2 weeks then was sent to the store to work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your own transportation? Because you have to make several bank runs.   1 Answer