Advance America

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Pekin, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advance America in July 2012.

Interview Details – I initially interviewed for a position as an assistant with the company. I had a telephone interview and then two in person interviews. At the second interview I was told that a decision would be made in the next two days and I would be contacted either way. I heard nothing for over a week. When I went into the center to make my payment I told the manager that I felt it was very unprofessional of the district manager for not calling. I received a call 2 days after that telling me they went with another candidate. Two to three weeks later I got another call from the district manager with an offer for a position as a center manager. She said that I was a leader and not a follower. I was then hired in as a store manager.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or surprise questions. It was a pretty standard set of questions for any sales position.   Answer Question

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advance America in October 2010.

Interview Details – Online application process involved a questionaire. First in person interview done by direct supervisor at the store location. It went well and we hit it off. Second interview completed by DDO at the same location. The funny thing was that the DDO told me the details about the drug test and a start date but never actually offered me the job. Turns out she quit about a week after I started.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Typical of most interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Starting pay between $10-11 per hour. She wanted to give me $10/hour but when I reminded her that during the interview she said she would have me be a manager if she had a spot open she agreed to start me at $11/hour.

Largo, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Advance America in October 2008.

Interview Details – Ask if they were hiring filled out application took drug test, watch the Manager work for 2 hours then went to training for 2 weeks then was sent to the store to work.

Interview Question – Do you have your own transportation? Because you have to make several bank runs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance America in August 2011.

Interview Details – Welll it was like 30 minutes long she pretty much described the job and asked me the duties I perform atmy current or previous job

Interview Question – What is your typical day lke at your current/previous employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negogiable

Bowling Green, KY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Advance America in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very short interview. Very unprofessional. Just basically told me about the job and didn't really ask any pertinent questions.

Interview Question – Why would you want this position?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't like the manager, her demeanor or the way she conducted business.

Dayton, OH

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Advance America in January 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview then 1 on 1 interview. Conducted drug test and background check. Position offered and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate slightly higher starting salary due to past experience.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance America in August 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out online application, did skills test and other personality tests, got a phone call next day for interview. Interviewer was very nice and very friendly. The office was clean and very well organiized. Very informal due to the fact that there were still people needing to do business but it worked out just fine.

Interview Question – Who was the most difficult boss you worked with?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – With a family there is no way I could work EVERY Saturday and maintain a job for a very long period of time. If they would consider rotating Saturdays, they would attract more desirable applicants but it seems they are unwilling to budge on this fact.

Worked for Advance America? Contribute to the Community!