Advance America

1.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pekin, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pekin, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advance America in July 2012.

I initially interviewed for a position as an assistant with the company. I had a telephone interview and then two in person interviews. At the second interview I was told that a decision would be made in the next two days and I would be contacted either way. I heard nothing for over a week. When I went into the center to make my payment I told the manager that I felt it was very unprofessional of the district manager for not calling. I received a call 2 days after that telling me they went with another candidate. Two to three weeks later I got another call from the district manager with an offer for a position as a center manager. She said that I was a leader and not a follower. I was then hired in as a store manager.

Interview Questions
  • There were no unexpected or surprise questions. It was a pretty standard set of questions for any sales position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advance America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance America in August 2011.

Welll it was like 30 minutes long she pretty much described the job and asked me the duties I perform atmy current or previous job

Interview Questions
    • What is your typical day lke at your current/previous employer?   View Answer
    Non negogiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advance America in October 2010.

Online application process involved a questionaire. First in person interview done by direct supervisor at the store location. It went well and we hit it off. Second interview completed by DDO at the same location. The funny thing was that the DDO told me the details about the drug test and a start date but never actually offered me the job. Turns out she quit about a week after I started.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Typical of most interviews.   Answer Question
    Starting pay between $10-11 per hour. She wanted to give me $10/hour but when I reminded her that during the interview she said she would have me be a manager if she had a spot open she agreed to start me at $11/hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance America in October 2009.

Very short interview. Very unprofessional. Just basically told me about the job and didn't really ask any pertinent questions.

Interview Questions

I didn't like the manager, her demeanor or the way she conducted business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Advance America in January 2009.

Phone interview then 1 on 1 interview. Conducted drug test and background check. Position offered and accepted.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate slightly higher starting salary due to past experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advance America in October 2008.

Ask if they were hiring filled out application took drug test, watch the Manager work for 2 hours then went to training for 2 weeks then was sent to the store to work.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have your own transportation? Because you have to make several bank runs.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance America in August 2010.

Filled out online application, did skills test and other personality tests, got a phone call next day for interview. Interviewer was very nice and very friendly. The office was clean and very well organiized. Very informal due to the fact that there were still people needing to do business but it worked out just fine.

Interview Questions

With a family there is no way I could work EVERY Saturday and maintain a job for a very long period of time. If they would consider rotating Saturdays, they would attract more desirable applicants but it seems they are unwilling to budge on this fact.