Advance America

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advance America in September 2014.

Too fast hired in one day felt like they just needed someone quick. Interviewer abrupt and to the point. very outspoken made me go on a second inteview with another manager the next day then instructed me to take a drug test on the way called and told me to report to work Monday mind you the interview was on thursday looking back they needed someone "quick" as now I see they cannot keep people as they have a very stressful atmosphere, make you work all day alone with 80 customers with high volumes of cash they need someone to take a look at what the is going on

Other Interview Reviews for Advance America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advance America in July 2013.

I was called and scheduled to inerview with the ddo within 2 weeks of applying for the position. Upon meeting the the DDO I was asked pretty basic questions about my prior work experience and the ddo did an excellent job of explaining the position to me. Once the interview was completed I was told once the background check was complete I would have to take a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance America in October 2010.

I was first called on the phone and given about a fifteen minute phone interview with a center manager, she asked general questions. They said I would then need to wait to get an in person interview with the area manager. That took a couple of days to schedule and once I had it I was escorted to the back of the center and the area manager asked me more questions. He kind of went over the ones I was already asked on the phone, that went ok and then I was told I would need to wait for the Divisional Director of Operations. That took the longest, it was about a week before I had that interview. He went over what felt like the same questions but I can't really remember. then it was a drug test and a couple more days wait and then I was called on the phone by the DDO to be told I had the job. I felt that the people at the office I interviewed at were too loud and not professional. One woman was walking around without her shoes on and they did not seem to care about the customers. The area manager was cocky and liked to talk about himself too much. The DDO seemed ok. I would recommend the interviewee to listen to the person speaking and not really talk a lot as they aren't really interested in small talk. They want to make sure you will be a good fit for the company in that you will be strong and not easily run over. I recommend dressing up, I saw people interviewing in really shabby clothing. One important question they ask is "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" You should be able to say something along the lines of "I see myself staying here, working for this company, hopefully moving up"

Interview Questions
    • What was something you didn't like about your last supervisor?   View Answer
    I asked for $15.00 per hour, I was offered $13.50 right off and I accepted it. When I signed my paperwork I was actually given $13.80. They didn't seem willing to really negotiate, or maybe it was that I wasn't really trying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance America in August 2010.

Hiring Process was very traditional. Standard types of questions geared to determine if the applicant is trustworthy and responsible. Typical for a money service business. Phone interview was the first step and then an in-person interview followed.

Interview Questions
    • What type of animal do you think you are?   View Answer
    I thought the offer was fair initially. In hindsight I should have asked for more in the beginning because merit increases were minimal going forward. When my performance had exceeded my compensation - management was unresponsive to requests to increase my wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance America in June 2010.

A few basic questions, job overview and drug test information. Pay was not discussed until after the drug testing was complete. The drug test and background check took a few days to figure out. However, the hiring manager barely knew how to run the computer to get the drug test and background check set up. She actually needed assistance from the exiting store manager, and it took about 20 minutes to figure it out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance America in September 2009.

Once I got there, the general manager asked me basic questions about my skills and level of expertise. He then said that the center management position would be something to work up to but if I was offered the job pending a background check and drug test, I would start in customer service then can enter a training program to become a manager, which was not stated in the advertisement.

Interview Questions
    • What activities do you like to do outside of the workplace in your free time?   Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance America in April 2011.

Very casual, asking questions about previous background and skills as well as how it would impact the position applied for.

Interview Questions
    negotiation process was ok - took a few hours to hear back from them but it was ok.