Advance America Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance America (Corsicana, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Typical interview questions, brief job description due to my experience, and the manager was really detailed about the comp and what I should expect if I were to be hired. She explained the company standards and how they like to promote from within. Weeks later I was called for a phone interview with the DDO. We had a similar conversation

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.

What do you feel is your greatest strength on the job?

And your weakness?

How would you handle an irate customer?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advance America

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance America.

Interview

Initial interview was to get to know me, what I am about, very nice laid back interview. Depends on interviewer. She wanted someone who she knew would commit to the job and work for at least a year. (It was a part time gig to start, and at minimum wage part time jobs you have to expect people won't stay forever.)

Negotiation

I was told I would make 7.75/hr. $0.35 over minimum wage. No complaints, I knew coming in.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance America (Cleveland, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a few days. The recruiter was incredibly rude and seemed uninterested in my answers. At the end of the call, she asked about salary requirements, and explained that I'd probably start at $10/hr. I asked if this was negotiable, since my current hourly pay is $11. She responded, "I don't know, maybe," and then followed that up with, "Okay, the manager might call you or something." She was by far the rudest, most negative recruiter I'd ever interacted with, and I wouldn't have pursued this company after that phone call anyway. Advance America, you should probably make sure people who represent your company know how to be polite.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background in sales and collections in the phone interview. Very basic stuff.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance America (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

spent one day interviewing, called the day to take a drug test. The next day I was told i was Hired and they gave me enough time to tell my other job about my 2 week notice. They are closed on sunday. There is a 8 week training course so you learn everything and your training may not be at your home store.

Interview Questions

• I have had a lot of interviews. so Nothing was hard for me. Being asked to sell something may be hard for some people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them the minimum and I asked for a certain amount. I got what I asked for. Part time is Guaranteed at least 25 hours and the first 8 weeks expect a lot of working with a DDO

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance America (Gulfport, MS) in January 2014.

Interview

I received a call a few days after submitting an online application. I was asked a series of questions dealing with personality; I passed. I went in and completed the 1st interview; It went well. I was asked a few questions dealing with customer service and how I would handle certain situations. The questions were average and basically general customer service questions. I was hired on the spot in 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table for Advance America?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advance America (Marianna, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

N/A

I decanted a few insurance agencies. I was propositioned because I am licensed to sale credit and auto insurance.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advance America.

Interview

Applied online to many stores, got a call a couple days later.. The test for the application were not hard at all, basic questions. I had an interview with the store manager and again they asked basic question.. Not too many, she mostly explained the position and asked if I would be up for it. She also explained the interview process, first interview with her , second with her manager or regional manager. I got a call that same day and got my second interview two days later. The regional manager told me all about the job in more detail and he just asked my dedication to work and things like that. The nest step was for an observation day. He said he had a lot more interviews to do that day and he is going to pick and choose people , it went very well... I also got a cal later that day and my observation day is scheduled for next week. After that is drug test and background check and then you start with two week of training.. Make sure you are prepared to answer good AND bad things about yourself and just think about the answers before answering!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advance America in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received a call a few days later, questions are more about character than experience. Went for the drug test the very next day after the interview. Started the next week, you must get through the training process to actually start daily activities. The tests are very easy and help you to better understand how the business works, I would say the interview was very EASY.

Interview Questions

• The what would you do questions really needed to be thought out .   Answer Question

Negotiation

They ask you what you think you should be paid, give the highest number then go from there, if the number you give is lower than what they normally pay you will be hired for the lower amount of course to save the company money.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance America (Orlando, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

After submitting my application online and taking the online assessment test (100 questions), I had an interview scheduled where I meet with the Area Manager whom sat with me in the back of a facility and proceeded to ask general interview questions.

Interview Questions

• "What in this company interest's you."   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was no nagotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advance America (Akron, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

phone interview, 2 physical interviews, drug check, background check