Advance America Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Advance America in August 2012.

Applied online, received a call a few days later, questions are more about character than experience. Went for the drug test the very next day after the interview. Started the next week, you must get through the training process to actually start daily activities. The tests are very easy and help you to better understand how the business works, I would say the interview was very EASY.

Interview Questions
  • The what would you do questions really needed to be thought out .   Answer Question
They ask you what you think you should be paid, give the highest number then go from there, if the number you give is lower than what they normally pay you will be hired for the lower amount of course to save the company money.

Other Interview Reviews for Advance America

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance America.

Initial interview was to get to know me, what I am about, very nice laid back interview. Depends on interviewer. She wanted someone who she knew would commit to the job and work for at least a year. (It was a part time gig to start, and at minimum wage part time jobs you have to expect people won't stay forever.)

I was told I would make 7.75/hr. $0.35 over minimum wage. No complaints, I knew coming in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Advance America in May 2014.

I applied online and received a call within a few days. The recruiter was incredibly rude and seemed uninterested in my answers. At the end of the call, she asked about salary requirements, and explained that I'd probably start at $10/hr. I asked if this was negotiable, since my current hourly pay is $11. She responded, "I don't know, maybe," and then followed that up with, "Okay, the manager might call you or something." She was by far the rudest, most negative recruiter I'd ever interacted with, and I wouldn't have pursued this company after that phone call anyway. Advance America, you should probably make sure people who represent your company know how to be polite.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my background in sales and collections in the phone interview. Very basic stuff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance America in March 2014.

spent one day interviewing, called the day to take a drug test. The next day I was told i was Hired and they gave me enough time to tell my other job about my 2 week notice. They are closed on sunday. There is a 8 week training course so you learn everything and your training may not be at your home store.

Interview Questions
    • I have had a lot of interviews. so Nothing was hard for me. Being asked to sell something may be hard for some people.   View Answer
    I told them the minimum and I asked for a certain amount. I got what I asked for. Part time is Guaranteed at least 25 hours and the first 8 weeks expect a lot of working with a DDO

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marianna, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marianna, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Advance America in August 2013.

N/A

I decanted a few insurance agencies. I was propositioned because I am licensed to sale credit and auto insurance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance America in March 2012.

After submitting my application online and taking the online assessment test (100 questions), I had an interview scheduled where I meet with the Area Manager whom sat with me in the back of a facility and proceeded to ask general interview questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no nagotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Advance America.

Applied online to many stores, got a call a couple days later.. The test for the application were not hard at all, basic questions. I had an interview with the store manager and again they asked basic question.. Not too many, she mostly explained the position and asked if I would be up for it. She also explained the interview process, first interview with her , second with her manager or regional manager. I got a call that same day and got my second interview two days later. The regional manager told me all about the job in more detail and he just asked my dedication to work and things like that. The nest step was for an observation day. He said he had a lot more interviews to do that day and he is going to pick and choose people , it went very well... I also got a cal later that day and my observation day is scheduled for next week. After that is drug test and background check and then you start with two week of training.. Make sure you are prepared to answer good AND bad things about yourself and just think about the answers before answering!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Advance America in August 2011.

phone interview, 2 physical interviews, drug check, background check

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance America in June 2011.

You must apply online, take 3 tests that includes math skills, customer skills, and banking skills. Do not wait for them to call you. After you are done filling out your application online call the store and ask to speak with the manager to make sure they received your application. If you passed all three tests they will call you for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you consider to be a successful day at work.   View Answer
    Actually there was no negation phase. Online when I applied it stated that they start you off at $10.00 with no experience. However after going through the interview, finishing my drug test, and taking the online training they only offered me $9.00. My advice would be to insure and ask how much you would like to get right after knowing you been accepted for the job before going any further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Advance America in June 2011.

The interview wasn't much of an interview. I was just told about the job, wages and benefits. I was then asked to meet with the store manager where I would be working. Before going to my 2nd interview they took my info for a background check and told that I would hear something by the end of the week. When I went to my 2nd interview it was like the first. Both interviewers gave me the impression they couldn't wait for me to start. I have a clean background so that shouldn't have been an issue but I never heard back and when I called to check the status I was told upper management still haven't made a decision. It's been almost 2 months and I'm still being told that and the job is still open. I assume I'm getting the run around. If I wasn't so much in need of a job I would have passed this one up based on their interview process.

Interview Questions

Worked for Advance America? Contribute to the Community!