Advance America

2.3

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advance America in September 2014.

Too fast hired in one day felt like they just needed someone quick. Interviewer abrupt and to the point. very outspoken made me go on a second inteview with another manager the next day then instructed me to take a drug test on the way called and told me to report to work Monday mind you the interview was on thursday looking back they needed someone "quick" as now I see they cannot keep people as they have a very stressful atmosphere, make you work all day alone with 80 customers with high volumes of cash they need someone to take a look at what the is going on

Divisional Training Manager Interview

Initial drug screen and background check, two interviews and the a phone call with an offer. Easy to find jobs on the website. Easy application process. May take a while to get a call back if there aren't any openings.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance America.

Initial interview was to get to know me, what I am about, very nice laid back interview. Depends on interviewer. She wanted someone who she knew would commit to the job and work for at least a year. (It was a part time gig to start, and at minimum wage part time jobs you have to expect people won't stay forever.)

I was told I would make 7.75/hr. $0.35 over minimum wage. No complaints, I knew coming in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance America in May 2014.

I applied online and received a call within a few days. The recruiter was incredibly rude and seemed uninterested in my answers. At the end of the call, she asked about salary requirements, and explained that I'd probably start at $10/hr. I asked if this was negotiable, since my current hourly pay is $11. She responded, "I don't know, maybe," and then followed that up with, "Okay, the manager might call you or something." She was by far the rudest, most negative recruiter I'd ever interacted with, and I wouldn't have pursued this company after that phone call anyway. Advance America, you should probably make sure people who represent your company know how to be polite.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my background in sales and collections in the phone interview. Very basic stuff.   Answer Question

DDO Interview

interview with regional manager and ask your typical interview questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance America in March 2014.

spent one day interviewing, called the day to take a drug test. The next day I was told i was Hired and they gave me enough time to tell my other job about my 2 week notice. They are closed on sunday. There is a 8 week training course so you learn everything and your training may not be at your home store.

Interview Questions
    • I have had a lot of interviews. so Nothing was hard for me. Being asked to sell something may be hard for some people.   View Answer
    I told them the minimum and I asked for a certain amount. I got what I asked for. Part time is Guaranteed at least 25 hours and the first 8 weeks expect a lot of working with a DDO

Compliance Auditor In LA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advance America in October 2013.

Went through 3 telephone interviews with 3 different people Spent over 3 hours on phone with HR, Auditor Manager and Lead Auditor. Left Voice Mail for Auditor Manager 10 days after last interview. Never received a return call, email or contact from anyone at Advance America concerning Position. If candidates are treated like this, glad I did not become an employee to be treated even worse.

Interview Questions
    • 3rd interview on phone was all situational questions.   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advance America.

Very short

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marianna, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marianna, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advance America in August 2013.

N/A

I decanted a few insurance agencies. I was propositioned because I am licensed to sale credit and auto insurance.

DDO Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance America.

Properly done it should include an online application with optional attachment of your résumé, and a basic test that qualifies you in 4 major categories and will recommend, recommend with reservations or not recommend based on results. At that point you should be assigned 2-3 additional tests to take regarding money handling, integrity and customer service skills. After these results you will have from 1-3 interviews a drug screen and background test.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewing includes many Kenexis which is inconclusive as it can be performed at home and by anyone. Bad Internet connections and a poorly put together program make the results inaccurate. Follow up frequently as many DDO's forget the rules of common courtesy with their failure to notify applicants when a position is filled.   View Answer
    This was at a different time when the company was new and growing and I was pursued for the position. I defaulted to the earliest date as this was in 1998 and now you must submit to a drug screen, background test and numerous aptitude tests. These are not accurate as the drop down boxes only work part of the time. I took the tests myself to see how they worked once rolled out and reported the issues but this was ignored. That is the Advance America way.