Advance America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advance America.

Interview

Two part interview, usually same day if the first interviewer is interested. Basic questions of how would you handle this situation, are you comfortable working with money, do you have a passion for sales and customer service, are you self motivated. If answers are satisfactory, you will be sent to take a drug test.

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advance America.

Interview

Meeting with Regional Manager and DDO pretty straight forward questions very interactive interview. Talked about salary and expectations. Offered position next day, with condition of passing drug screening and background check. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was told salary range asked for highest and was offered that amount.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Advance America (New Albany, MS) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an open house interview, you bring your resume and they go over your skills with you in the first interview. If decided you are a good candidate, they send you in with an interview with the district manager who then goes into further detail about what the job is about and tells you about the company. The DM also asks you questions about your past experiences, why you left/are leaving your job, ect.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an angry customer at your past job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corsicana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance America (Corsicana, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Typical interview questions, brief job description due to my experience, and the manager was really detailed about the comp and what I should expect if I were to be hired. She explained the company standards and how they like to promote from within. Weeks later I was called for a phone interview with the DDO. We had a similar conversation

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.

What do you feel is your greatest strength on the job?

And your weakness?

How would you handle an irate customer?

Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advance America.

Interview

I was asked very straight forward questions. It was a very little fun interview and made me really comfortable to be myself in the interview process. After the interview the next day or so I received a call to complete my drug screening. After the results came back I was offered a position with the company.

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advance America (Ocala, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Too fast hired in one day felt like they just needed someone quick. Interviewer abrupt and to the point. very outspoken made me go on a second inteview with another manager the next day then instructed me to take a drug test on the way called and told me to report to work Monday mind you the interview was on thursday looking back they needed someone "quick" as now I see they cannot keep people as they have a very stressful atmosphere, make you work all day alone with 80 customers with high volumes of cash they need someone to take a look at what the is going on

Divisional Training Manager Interview

Interview

Initial drug screen and background check, two interviews and the a phone call with an offer. Easy to find jobs on the website. Easy application process. May take a while to get a call back if there aren't any openings.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance America.

Interview

Initial interview was to get to know me, what I am about, very nice laid back interview. Depends on interviewer. She wanted someone who she knew would commit to the job and work for at least a year. (It was a part time gig to start, and at minimum wage part time jobs you have to expect people won't stay forever.)

Negotiation

I was told I would make 7.75/hr. $0.35 over minimum wage. No complaints, I knew coming in.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance America (Cleveland, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a few days. The recruiter was incredibly rude and seemed uninterested in my answers. At the end of the call, she asked about salary requirements, and explained that I'd probably start at $10/hr. I asked if this was negotiable, since my current hourly pay is $11. She responded, "I don't know, maybe," and then followed that up with, "Okay, the manager might call you or something." She was by far the rudest, most negative recruiter I'd ever interacted with, and I wouldn't have pursued this company after that phone call anyway. Advance America, you should probably make sure people who represent your company know how to be polite.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background in sales and collections in the phone interview. Very basic stuff.   Answer Question

DDO Interview

Interview

interview with regional manager and ask your typical interview questions