Advance America Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
33 interviews

2.4

Branch Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advance America.

Very short

None

Assistant Center Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advance America in July 2009.

Had 1 interview and then wasn't contacted for a second one until a week later.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer is angry about the high interest rate, how would you explain it and defuse the situation   Answer Question
    There wasn't one.

Help Desk Support Level I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spartanburg, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Advance America in November 2012.

The first call i received was with the temp agency godshall i think it was. The people at godshall were very nice friendly open to talking and joking around a bit. After that i got my first interview at the actual location, it lasted about 20 mins or so. Not a heavy pressure interview, mostly about what ive already done what i would like to do in the future, etc. Second interview was more technical, alot of questions about what if scenarios, questions about actual potential problems you could run into, etc. 3 people to talk to individually and together during interview 2, a little more stressful for sure. But they are very friendly people there over all so no worries if you get something wrong.

Interview Questions
    • Did not expect there to be a written test... So that caught me off guard for sure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance America in March 2012.

After submitting my application online and taking the online assessment test (100 questions), I had an interview scheduled where I meet with the Area Manager whom sat with me in the back of a facility and proceeded to ask general interview questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no nagotiation.

DDO Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Advance America.

Properly done it should include an online application with optional attachment of your résumé, and a basic test that qualifies you in 4 major categories and will recommend, recommend with reservations or not recommend based on results. At that point you should be assigned 2-3 additional tests to take regarding money handling, integrity and customer service skills. After these results you will have from 1-3 interviews a drug screen and background test.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewing includes many Kenexis which is inconclusive as it can be performed at home and by anyone. Bad Internet connections and a poorly put together program make the results inaccurate. Follow up frequently as many DDO's forget the rules of common courtesy with their failure to notify applicants when a position is filled.   View Answer
    This was at a different time when the company was new and growing and I was pursued for the position. I defaulted to the earliest date as this was in 1998 and now you must submit to a drug screen, background test and numerous aptitude tests. These are not accurate as the drop down boxes only work part of the time. I took the tests myself to see how they worked once rolled out and reported the issues but this was ignored. That is the Advance America way.

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advance America in July 2013.

I was called and scheduled to inerview with the ddo within 2 weeks of applying for the position. Upon meeting the the DDO I was asked pretty basic questions about my prior work experience and the ddo did an excellent job of explaining the position to me. Once the interview was completed I was told once the background check was complete I would have to take a drug test.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Advance America.

Applied online to many stores, got a call a couple days later.. The test for the application were not hard at all, basic questions. I had an interview with the store manager and again they asked basic question.. Not too many, she mostly explained the position and asked if I would be up for it. She also explained the interview process, first interview with her , second with her manager or regional manager. I got a call that same day and got my second interview two days later. The regional manager told me all about the job in more detail and he just asked my dedication to work and things like that. The nest step was for an observation day. He said he had a lot more interviews to do that day and he is going to pick and choose people , it went very well... I also got a cal later that day and my observation day is scheduled for next week. After that is drug test and background check and then you start with two week of training.. Make sure you are prepared to answer good AND bad things about yourself and just think about the answers before answering!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Advance America.

Had 2 interviews, one was dtm the second was ddo. It was a professional atmosphere in the back of a store and the questions related to past job experiance and sales. I was given good information about how the job really is an I was hired and started within a week

Interview Questions
    • in past sales jobs I was asked how I contributed to ideas and goals to meet company standards and problem solving questions   Answer Question
    i was offered a csr position and now i am a manager so it has been a while, i worked up

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Advance America in August 2011.

phone interview, 2 physical interviews, drug check, background check

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance America in June 2011.

You must apply online, take 3 tests that includes math skills, customer skills, and banking skills. Do not wait for them to call you. After you are done filling out your application online call the store and ask to speak with the manager to make sure they received your application. If you passed all three tests they will call you for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you consider to be a successful day at work.   View Answer
    Actually there was no negation phase. Online when I applied it stated that they start you off at $10.00 with no experience. However after going through the interview, finishing my drug test, and taking the online training they only offered me $9.00. My advice would be to insure and ask how much you would like to get right after knowing you been accepted for the job before going any further.