Advance Auto Parts Commercial Parts Pro Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2015

1.9

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Was hired within one week very poorly ran place. Filled out the app online. Went the next week and talked to the manager had an Interview the next day then was hired after my drug test and back ground check came back.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about cars.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just they started at 7.60 a hour take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Skokie, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Spoke with the manager over the phone who said he's looking for a commercial parts pro, so we set up an interview. Once I got in, he switched it to part-time key holder. Took the parts test and waiting on response, but the system didn't disclose any results. I asked about compensation, but he did not want to provide that information. Currently, I hold 2 Associates Degrees, am A+ certified & a US citizen. Waiting for his call, but doubt it'll happen. Can't wait until graduating to get on board something corporate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was very basic. Why you are interested in the position exc.... If you have Auto Parts experience you are basically going to be able to get a job at any auto parts company.

Negotiation

Very competitive. I was asked what I made at my past place of employment ( which was a competitor Auto Parts Store ) Advance paid me a substantial amount more at the first offer. I felt it was fair and I accepted the offer.

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Applied online, received a call about setting up an interview for part time job. Called back and set up an interview. During this first interview I was asked if i was interested in management, said yes and was set up for 2 more interviews, one at another store and another with the division manager. After the first interview I took an automotive knowledge assessment test. My second interview was with a store manager at a different store, this one wasn't really an interview as I wasn't really asked any questions, we really just had a conversation. The third interview was more intense and had some tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to inspire someone else   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, did not feel like I was able to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Carthage, NY).

Interview

Was turned onto the position by a current employee, brought in to interview, took assessment, received papers for drug testing, signed forms for MVR certification, took drug test, went for second interview, agreed on wage and hours, was put on schedule.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you are worth for hourly pay?   1 Answer

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Interviewed six different times over the period of 6 weeks. After being diligent with phones calls and unscheduled follow up visits to stores. Was finally hired.

Interview Questions

• For myself, there was not a difficult question. I am more than qualified for the CPP position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ridiculous!

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Interview

Hiring involved applying online, waiting for a phone call, and going in for a scheduled drug test. There was little if any training whatsoever.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Westminster, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

Commercial Area Manager recruited me from a shop in his area. The required interview was with the local General Manager. Who had no idea what a Commercial Parts Professional did other than make more individual sales than anyone else in the store. He spent more time telling me about the break area than interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was that they had none for me. I was rubber stamped and overqualified.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told that the company could only hire a new Commercial Parts Professional at $15 per hour. Which I replied thanks, but the interview is over since I already agreed to come on as your new Commercial Parts Pro at $18/hr and that is a pay cut for me. Worth it only because I will have more time with my family. After apologizing profusely the GM said that pay wasn't actually up to his discretion, and thought that the figure was $15.... should have been a huge red flag

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Durham, NC) in September 2011.

Interview

Pass the absurd assessment, and take the parts knowledge test, pee in a cup and pass a background check. woo hoo!

Negotiation

It was what the computer told me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Tampa, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview processes are a joke. We have too many people in the company that would rather play on their phone than work. The company has made it almost impossible to hire decent help. There are no full time opportunities and the compensation is a joke! What kind of employee do you really expect to get for minimum wage???