Advance Auto Parts Driver Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in February 2012.

I moved back up to Michigan as a transfer with my name still on file for a month. I talked to a few managers before hand and got a hold of one that was soon to be opening another store closer to where i was going, talked to him in person to find out the store opening had been delayed till april 2012, this was in february when we talked mind you and i was originally told mid march at latest. he talked to several other managers in the district. the first was a position as a commercial manager which i was stoked to be offered except that i was turned down for " not having the prior commercial experience". As a commercial driver i worked with commercial accounts all the time, the difference being i didnt get the pay rate for it or the title. i was referred to a store in livonia to keep me in the system and i was fine with that but still concerned with the pay rate being that my yearly review just got submitted before transferring up here and my pay was already low at 7.71. the low pay isnt so bad when you have a 2 mile drive to work but livonia is 30 min one way from me now. even before my first day i kept asking around abuot the pay rate if it was even subject to change and no one could give me a straight answer or knew who could. after 6 of my first 9 hours on my shift i walked out saying i quit. Im 22 with an Associate degree in automotive performance technology, passed 5 of the 8 A section A.S.E. test, spent a season in ARCA on a pit crew, I can tear down a engine, and build a high output machine, fine tune suspension and build a roll cage. i'm not looking to make more than the general manager on day one, but i expected some monetary recognition and compensation for my knowledge and effort put in to use at work. thankfully im still young and can move on to a better career and schooling for something less degrading.

Interview Questions
  • name the parts in a that make a car stop   View Answer

At $7.71 an hour with gas prices rising my first hour of pay after taxes ( about $6.09) payed for gas just to get to and from work, and with the 20 hours a week i was capped at by management in kentucky things never looked promising in transferring when i came back to michigan. in comparison to the others i worked with as drivers and even some managers im somewhat overqualified or just in the wrong field all together. working in a parts store is more so for someone that has some auto knowledge or is in school learning more as the pay and hours seem more so fit to that life style

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2010.

I heard about a "Key holder" position and thought it would be better then just a delivery driver as far as pay was concerned. The manager and I talked very informally at the counter, he asked what my background was. After about 20 minutes he offered me a "Mobile Pro" position including key holder (i could open and close the store).

Interview Questions
    • If a customer brought in a battery with the receipt, said it was no good, what would I do.   View Answer
    Only negotiated the hours. An older gentleman was retiring in two months, I negotiated that I would like to take his hours and inventory position.