Advance Auto Parts

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

General Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2012.

Interview Details – Online process and Pre-Screen personality / ethics evaluation. Phone interview, then interview with DM. Final decision made by Panel interview with RVP for General manger positions only.

Interview Question – Auto Technical Questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and a week of immediate vacation available.

Very Easy Interview

General Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in February 2010.

Interview Details – i interview with a idiot first who hired someone with no automotive exp and then i was hired by a friend that worked in another state so i had to travel for over a year at my exspense

Interview Question – its easy to get hired just say what they want to hear   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in September 2012.

Interview Details – Called by recruiter, phone interview with recruiter, panel interview with tests, interview with District Manager. Process took around 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Typical coaching and personality based interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was offered thet was in line with median salary and expectations.

General Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in January 2010.

Interview Details – I believe there was 2 interviews. The first one was in font of a panel of 3 people.

Interview Question – Role playing on the spot felt uncomfortable at first but after a few of those questions it came naturalI went t   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Worcester, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in April 2009.

Interview Details – You typically only advance here if the person above you is fired or quits. Ten years of experience with this company.

Interview Question – The only difficult thing was figuring out who the hell hired the unintelligent district leaders.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You're already doing the job, would you like more money and a different title to continue doing it????

General Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2009.

Interview Details – Panel interview with a math quiz.

Interview Question – Various values related questions. Tell me about a time when.....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Bristol, VA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in August 2009.

Interview Details – Panel interview

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have little input, take it or leave it!

General Manager

I applied through other source - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in April 2009.

Interview Details – It took a long time for them to hire me of course i was working at the time. about 4 months
to be exact.

General Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – Required to take a test which took about 45 minutes which consisted of different scenarios of what if's as well as some financial questions and alot of it had nothing to do with being able to run a store it was just to see if you were the right puppet for the job. Then you have to sit in front of a panel which would consist of several upper management people(DL, HR, RVP or any other that might be around at the time of the interview) They would each ask different questions and as long as you are quick on your feet and can come up with what they want to hear and it sound like you are seeing that they like the answers then keep making stuff up as you go and do what they say and you will be a perfect fit for the puppet they want.

Interview Question – Being able to put the store before my family. If family is your answer then think twice it is not what they want to hear. Store first family 2nd.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. I was told what I would get and that was that.

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a Recruiter because my RESUME is on several job sites. I had a phone interview the same day with the Recruiter that went very well, she then told me to take the General Manager assessment test right away. About 4 days later I had a panel interview with the area District Manager and HR Manager in a hotel lobby. Asked a lot of behavioral based questions and also about my background. After interview I had to take a P&L Math test that was fairly simple. Good experience overall.

Interview Question – How do you make sure your staff reflects the community?   Answer Question

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!