Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.4

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

It was a panel interview with regional VP and 4 others (district and regional staff). They introduced themselves and asked me to do the same. Each took a turn asking questions. The questions were behavioral, based on my past experiences. At the conclusion of the interview I had an opportunity to ask questions of my own. There were additional assessments that I took before the sit down interview. The entire process, including communication before and after, was very positive and professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were particularly successful in building a customer or vendor relationship. What obstacles did you face?   Answer Question

Parts Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

The manager was busy with customers, so I sat in the office area for about 20 minutes. The manager asked me about my experience, asked me a few sample questions, asked me about items on my resume. I was also asked a few scenario type questions that I could be faced with. I never felt nervous as I was quickly put at ease with a joke. The entire process seemed to be over in just a few minutes, but actually took over 30 minutes! We were interrupted one during the interview when an employee needed help, but other than that everything went great. I felt at ease, and abeyant enjoyed the interview. That's a first!

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for the company.   1 Answer
    • What should you do if you have a line of customers, a paid customer waiting for a battery install, and a ringing phone with your coworkers equally as busy.   1 Answer

Complex Parts Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Roanoke, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

phone contact, then one on one, then testing and then panel interview, this led up to a final one on one that ended telling me they were not going to fill the position since they are downsizing.

Interview Questions

• how do you interact with other people   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (West Warwick, RI).

Interview

was very brief and very easy. asked what i knew about auto parts and if i had any retail experience. had to take a drug test and pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• how much do you know about auto parts   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call one day later and came in for an interview the day after that. the interview was about a half hour long and laid back. I then had to pass a drug test and backround check. I came in for the scheduled second interview and then I got the job offer. I've been working there for about a week, absolutely love it and the people I work with. I also have no idea what i'm doing with cars or parts, but dont worry, they train you! but retail and customer service experience helps ALOT. i've had experience for 6 plus years.

Interview Questions

• What don't you like about retail?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't one

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belleview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Belleview, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted near the restroom of the store, it was next to the office and we sat in 2 folding chairs. The interview was long and I do not believe that the interviewer had ever hired anyone before.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the operation of the automotive air conditioning system.   1 Answer

Mobile Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sevierville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Sevierville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

They called me for an initial phone interview. then they called back for a first in person interview. they asked some basic questions in this interview. after a day or so they called back for a second interview. in the second interview they asked more in depth questions. the first interview took about fifteen minutes. the second interview took over two hours. it was a very long process. some of the questions they asked seemed kind of irrelevant to the job to which i was applying.

Interview Questions

• describe a time in which i was presented a challenge at one of my former jobs where i had a an angry customer and how did i handle it.   1 Answer

Inventory Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2015.

Interview

It wasn't an interview. They called to review my resume and we didn't really discuss my resume. I honestly don't know how to explain what happened. We talked about why I wanted to get in with advance the types of career paths and etc. I had to explain what skills I thought I would bring to the table.

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then a week later interview with 2 District Managers, followed up with another phone interview with the RVP a week later. About 20 min. After the call I got the job offer. Interview process is very good and educational. Did not do any role playing like other reviews have stated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to lead a team, what was the project and what was the outcome.   3 Answers

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted and how much I was offered already at other retailers and they matched it.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Long online application, similar to other retail stores. Phone interview and screening, then in person interview. Many questions about how you handle various situations, how you will grow business, what you would do in hypothetical situations, etc. Position offered really GREAT benefits and perks. Interviewer was an owner who had sold out to corporate, had a personal investment in the success of the company, and truly wanted more than an employee. Was very impressed.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest problem you have faced   1 Answer