Advance Auto Parts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in March 2011.

Interview Details – Regional HR called, set up phone interview
Phone interview with Reg. HR 30min
Panel interview with Reg. HR, 2 District Managers, 1 Store manager - 1 hr+, included testing on math skills, p&l knowledge, role playing customer, employee, and supervisor situations, and questions from each panel member on management style, values, strengths, and weakness

Interview Question – Nothing that I can recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The first store I was offered I turned down, I accepted a second location that became available 2 months later. Wage was negotiated with in a week. I would suggest looking to see what the average pay is as I believe I would have been able to negotiate a higher wage. Raises, bonus, and other benefits are standard and not truly negotiable.

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was very easy process, first job interview was only few questions. then next job interview was basically to accept the job offer. Very basic interview questions regard to automotive knowledge and experience. Some questions may vary such as "why do you want to work for Advance auto parts?"

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Advance Auto Parts   Answer Question

Carolina, PR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in September 2011.

Interview Details – First you need to apply online in their web page and fill out the long application and answer the questions that are given to you in an online exam. Then if you pass they will get you an interview in about 2 to 6 weeks if lucky. And you will have a quick interview and basically you start working soon after.

Interview Question – They will ask you about your knowledge about cars and about your salesman abilities.   Answer Question

Xenia, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – I applied online, showed up for the interview, and I was hired on the spot. Probably the easiest interview process ever. Took a drug screen and had to pass a background check. I discussed with the manager the expectations of the sales associate role and the logistics of the company. The manager explained to me that a sales associate will be written up if they don't meet the SPH goal. But, the manager said that someone would really have to slack to not meet the SPH goal.

Interview Question – no trick questions--everything was straightforward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation phase.

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – You have to speak to several people and do some role playing for them to hire hard and the right mix. Upper management made you feel comfortable through out process. And good pace for the whole process.

Interview Question – Role play events on specific scenarios   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in April 2010.

Interview Details – Call came from recruiter, talked back and forth a couple times. Received email link to screening tests. A couple weeks later, had face to face with hiring manager, and then the Regional VP. Received call from hiring manager to come in to set up drug and background checks, a couple weeks later hired.

Interview Question – Really wasn't a difficult question, more of me trying to read the interviewer and shape answers to best position self.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really wasn't negotiation phase. The job pays what it pays.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview Details – just talked to the RVP, HR, DL and was thrown into a junk store with no help. Was the worst DL I have ever talked to. Went to Atlanta, and Columbus for the interview process.

Sales Mobile Parts Pro Interview

Sales Mobile Parts Pro
Parma, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2013.

Interview Details – All testing is done over the phone including giving them all your personal information.This includes drivers license info and social security number.Testing is easy if you have common sense and sales knowledge.Auto knowledge is really secondary and pretty unimportant to be hired.Interviews at least where I worked were conducted by managers that have no people skills and are less than bright.I can't say if its like that at all the stores but was were I interviewed.

Interview Question – Have you ever stolen anything for a company that you worked for.WAS A VERY LONG TEST FOR SUBSTANDARD PAY.The hardest part is getting through the1 hr long online test which was more interested in sales skills than knowledge of auto parts. If you have any sales experience the test is common sense.After taking the job I continued to get calls from every Advance store in the city.This is the cheapest company that you will ever come across.No benefits except for 20% off on prts.Cheaper to buy from them online.Pathetic..I do believe that you can move up the ladder quickly if you have a little personality,averge IQ and a lot of patience.You will need to have a lot of outside financial help and a lot of patience if this is the career path you choose.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – short interview by unqualified managers

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2013.

Interview Details – Must apply online first, then contact the store you desire to work at and notify the manager to pull your application for an interview. I visited the store and spoke with the manager. I had to return several times to meet with the local manager.

Interview Question – How would I handle a customer who is upset with our product and wants to return it without a receipt?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. I accepted the offer that was offered.

Mobile Parts Pro Interview

Mobile Parts Pro
Bayonne, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied after about 2 days they called to go on a 1 on1 interview rom there I had to go on a small seminar on parts which took place the next day then we were told what our training store would be

Interview Question – There was really none, when they hit me was when I started working there   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much he gave me a salary and I accepted

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!