Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Parts Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2014.

Saw post online on craigslist or career builder. Went to job fair and had two interviews.....Received a call to come take drug test. Received call to come in for first day of training on computer.

Interview Questions
    • What additional part would you suggest to a customer if he asked for brake pads?   View Answer
    Take it or leave it!!!

Service Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2014.

Went through interview process and was very pleased but was offered a better job. They were obliged by it and don't have any objections. I told them that I might be back of things didn't go well with this job.

Offered a better job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in March 2011.

Regional HR called, set up phone interview
    Phone interview with Reg. HR 30min
    Panel interview with Reg. HR, 2 District Managers, 1 Store manager - 1 hr+, included testing on math skills, p&l knowledge, role playing customer, employee, and supervisor situations, and questions from each panel member on management style, values, strengths, and weakness

Interview Questions
    The first store I was offered I turned down, I accepted a second location that became available 2 months later. Wage was negotiated with in a week. I would suggest looking to see what the average pay is as I believe I would have been able to negotiate a higher wage. Raises, bonus, and other benefits are standard and not truly negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2011.

It was very easy process, first job interview was only few questions. then next job interview was basically to accept the job offer. Very basic interview questions regard to automotive knowledge and experience. Some questions may vary such as "why do you want to work for Advance auto parts?"

Anonymous Employee  in  Carolina, PR
    Anonymous Employee in Carolina, PR

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in September 2011.

First you need to apply online in their web page and fill out the long application and answer the questions that are given to you in an online exam. Then if you pass they will get you an interview in about 2 to 6 weeks if lucky. And you will have a quick interview and basically you start working soon after.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you about your knowledge about cars and about your salesman abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Xenia, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Xenia, OH

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

I applied online, showed up for the interview, and I was hired on the spot. Probably the easiest interview process ever. Took a drug screen and had to pass a background check. I discussed with the manager the expectations of the sales associate role and the logistics of the company. The manager explained to me that a sales associate will be written up if they don't meet the SPH goal. But, the manager said that someone would really have to slack to not meet the SPH goal.

Interview Questions
    There was not a negotiation phase.

District Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

You have to speak to several people and do some role playing for them to hire hard and the right mix. Upper management made you feel comfortable through out process. And good pace for the whole process.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in April 2010.

Call came from recruiter, talked back and forth a couple times. Received email link to screening tests. A couple weeks later, had face to face with hiring manager, and then the Regional VP. Received call from hiring manager to come in to set up drug and background checks, a couple weeks later hired.

Interview Questions
    • Really wasn't a difficult question, more of me trying to read the interviewer and shape answers to best position self.   Answer Question
    Really wasn't negotiation phase. The job pays what it pays.

Manager Interview

just talked to the RVP, HR, DL and was thrown into a junk store with no help. Was the worst DL I have ever talked to. Went to Atlanta, and Columbus for the interview process.

Sales Mobile Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parma, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2013.

All testing is done over the phone including giving them all your personal information.This includes drivers license info and social security number.Testing is easy if you have common sense and sales knowledge.Auto knowledge is really secondary and pretty unimportant to be hired.Interviews at least where I worked were conducted by managers that have no people skills and are less than bright.I can't say if its like that at all the stores but was were I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever stolen anything for a company that you worked for.WAS A VERY LONG TEST FOR SUBSTANDARD PAY.The hardest part is getting through the1 hr long online test which was more interested in sales skills than knowledge of auto parts. If you have any sales experience the test is common sense.After taking the job I continued to get calls from every Advance store in the city.This is the cheapest company that you will ever come across.No benefits except for 20% off on prts.Cheaper to buy from them online.Pathetic..I do believe that you can move up the ladder quickly if you have a little personality,averge IQ and a lot of patience.You will need to have a lot of outside financial help and a lot of patience if this is the career path you choose.   View Answer
    short interview by unqualified managers

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!