Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.3

Full Time Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

I got hired because a friend helped me get in that job and i don't like that job no more because i get a little salary and i loved the manager that used to be their but he left and know the manager wants me to harder and harder

Interview Questions

• If i knew what i was doing   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

The interview was performed by the division manager and district manager with basic store operations questions including details about a P & L statement, inventory control, and employee training. The interview process was driven primarily in driving sales including commercial accounts and developing the talent the store needed to better serve the customer, retaining current staff to deliver a profitable store and following policies and procedures to ensure the store was successful.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you had to deal with in a retail environment and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Was hired within one week very poorly ran place.
    Filled out the app online. Went the next week and talked to the manager had an Interview the next day then was hired after my drug test and back ground check came back.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about cars.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just they started at 7.60 a hour take it or leave it.

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

This was well organized, and professional. The manager had a good knowledge of his store and the practices. He asked questions pertinent to the job and the expectations of me for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about automotive knowledge.   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Interview

Usual questions. Panel type intreview. Focused on customer service. Not concerned if you had auto parts experience. Please don't lead people on. Lead to believe I was a great candidate and would get their decision in a week. No call weeks later. Very unprofessional very glad I didn't get an offer

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving your current job? really why do you think.   Answer Question

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kutztown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Kutztown, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I actually applied for a different position, and as a fresh college graduate was told I was somehow overqualified. I was asked to come in for an interview (without a phone screening) for a "supervisory position". Upon request for more details about the job, I was told I would be informed during my interview. So I drove over an hour to interview for a position without even knowing the title or primary responsibilities of the job.

The interview itself went well as it was quite standard with two people reading off a script of questions. After about 40 minutes, we shook hands and they told me to expect to hear back within the week. Over a month later, I still have not been contacted.

Interview Questions

• "If two employees were arguing on the floor, how would you go about resolving it?"   Answer Question
    • Aside from that, typical behavioral questions like "Tell me about a time when...", "What are your biggest strengths & weaknesses", etc...   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Can be a long process depending on district needs. Panel interviews , role playing Waiting on call backs. The process can be daunting patience is a plus. Job offer is basic very little room to negotiate salary

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

The interview was simple and quick. It took two weeks to get a return on back ground check and MVR status. I was interviewed by two men for the job as their delivery driver. I was asked various questions about vehicles, delivering parts, and up selling.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Applied online and contacted by telephone one week later. Interview consisted of an explanation as to taking a test and filling out a questionnaire on knowledge of retail sales in auto parts and customer service. At no time did the manager personally ask any questions of me. Claiming to be to busy to talk. Process took 35 minutes and when finished no one was available to talk to me concerning the position for the manager had left for a lunch brake. Another sales rep. told me I would be contacted in three to five days with an answer. I stopped by the store eight days later to follow up was greeted rudely by manager told interview process would end January 01,2015. No additional follow up made have very poor opinion of manager.

Retail Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Brownsville, PA).

Interview

Applied online. Lengthy online test process before you even get considered for an interview, but after that it's pretty easy. Got an interview with two different locations within a week. Interview will vary greatly depending on your location's General Manager, but both of mine were extremely easy. I got 1 or 2 very basic automotive questions. At this time I knew almost nothing about cars and still answered the questions fine. A few very basic questions like why do you want to work here, past job experience, schooling, etc. At both of my interviews, there were basically no situational or behavioral questions (ie tell me a time that you... what would you do if... etc). Basically after that, I got a job offer on the spot, pending a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My manager was very nice about the offer. He offered $0.50 above minimum wage because he thought that I knew a decent amount about the automotive industry based on interview. Not much negotiation seemed available, so I accepted the offer without negotiation. He gave me a $0.25 raise within a few months without me asking for it.