Advance Auto Parts

Very Difficult Interview

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training
Miami, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in September 2012.

Interview Details – PHONE INTERVIEW then 3 hour interview with dm's then role play about how to coach associates ans customer issues written test about gross profit and some math

Interview Question – written test about gross profit and some math   View Answer

Reason for Declining – not enough pay

Very Difficult Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2011.

Interview Details – Today's current interview process of give me an example of when this situation occurred and how you handled it, three person interview panel including Regional VP, District Manager and Finance Director. Some questions on MS Excel and Oracle knowledge, Needed basic mail merge and Word knowledge. The questions were asked in a 'round robin' style. The panel seemed to be pleased with their style of questioning and seemed wrote a lot while questioning.

Interview Question – I was asked if I could work for an overly demanding manager and any specific experience I had in doing so.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiating for a higher salary was not difficult. Because this specific RVP was very bellicose, the pool of prospects was very low. I worked here for 20 months before resigning. While working my notice, I was treated rudely, screamed at and at times ignored. After Ieft, it was announced that I had been 'termed'.

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – Recruiter to Field HR to Hiring Panel.

Negotiation Details – Supply and demand.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

General Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in January 2010.

Interview Details – I believe there was 2 interviews. The first one was in font of a panel of 3 people.

Interview Question – Role playing on the spot felt uncomfortable at first but after a few of those questions it came naturalI went t   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Delivery Driver
Brooksville, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in November 2013.

Interview Details – After an exhaustive online profile, testing, and application process and sending out my resume to over one hundred stores I was finally called for an interview.

Met the Store Manager and we walked back through the store to a small cubby/office. He asked a series of open ended questions most of which did not seem that relevant to the position, but which I answered as honestly as I could.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was that he was following a script and it felt forced.

I'd answer a question and give enough information for the the next question without realizing it, but instead of skipping that question he'd go ahead and ask it and then look bored by my answer because I'd already given it to him. Instead of a conversation it turned into me answering the questions before they are asked and then repeating myself when he asked the same question I already answered.
  View Answer

In-House Counsel Interview

In-House Counsel

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in August 2011.

Interview Details – The preliminary interview was conducted by phone, and it was clear from the outset that the HR person was not interested in me as a candidate. She had been given my name by a headhunter, and she drilled me about the types of contracts that I had written. That was the entire focus of the interview.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult -- just focused on specific types of contracts written.   Answer Question

Bristol, VA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in August 2009.

Interview Details – Panel interview

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have little input, take it or leave it!

Easton, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2011.

Interview Details – The most indepth interview I have ever had. Fantastic, made it all about the candidate not about the company. Created an excellent environment with an emphasis on me choosing them over them choosing me, brilliant.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions   View Answer
  • Group interview In 3 steps. Business math, one on one and role play.   View Answer

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in March 2011.

Interview Details – Very detailed and well thought out interview / hireing process. It took a few weeks, however, Advance Auto really takes the time to select the people they are looking for. This is not a who you know company. Rather who you are. I applied on line. Spoke with a AAP hireing manager. Took a on line test and only then did the process really take place. I later reported to a district office where I spent three plus hours, attending a panel interview, test and roll playing. Once it was determained I passed all three sections I then had to meet / interview witht he DVP. Wow... what a great leader and advocate for his peoples growth and success of the company.Very detailed and very motivating to know I may join the co. I was sold after my long day of testing and talking. I was greatly impressed with the time and consideration taken by the upper / field managment team.

Interview Questions

• Out side the box... the written test was the most difficult. Business math, questions, and more!   View Answer
  • Why AAP. over another retailer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate. However, the company has a stop rate and to be paid on the upper end of this you need sound, proven and good work history and expereince. For me I want growth. AAP offers this bases on ones performance.

Delivery Tech Interview

Delivery Tech
O'Fallon, MO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2012.

Interview Details – HR was great. They kept me informed. The manger seemed nervous but polite. I was well qualified to the job but did not get it.

Interview Question – Can you lift 100# and carry it up 3 stories.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advance Auto Parts

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advance Auto Parts interview questions and advice. All 132 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advance Auto Parts employees and interview candidates.