Advance Auto Parts

Average Difficulty
133 candidate interviews

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – A three step interview process including tests, role plays and a series of questions.

Interview Question – Role play is most difficult and unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer. They don't negotiate

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Commercial Account Manager

Interview Details – Applied online. Sales Manager contacted me within a week of applying. Had a phone interview with sales manager, hr manager and regional vice president.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when a customer stopped doing business with you and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview Details – Simple questions such as why do you want to work there and previous experience and jobs. As long as you are honest and a hard worker they will recognize that and hire you.

Interview Question – They dont ask difficult or unexpected questions its just a sales position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation at the bottom of the totem pole.

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Commercial Parts Pro

Interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview Details – Hiring involved applying online, waiting for a phone call, and going in for a scheduled drug test. There was little if any training whatsoever.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations.

Mobile Parts Pro Interview

Mobile Parts Pro

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – Was brought in, peed in a cup and the job was mine. they aren't picky

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales Associate

I applied through other source and interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – Hired based on recommendations from a mutual business contact.

Interview Question – I did not have many questions during the interview. I found the manager to be abrasive and he told me that he'd interviewed a lot of people but found none suitable. Since our mutual business acquaintance recommended me he said he'd "give me a shot".   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – After Application received phone call to schedule a date of interview. Interview was re-scheduled 2 times. After interview drug test that was followed by a work week.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview Details – Its better if you know somebody.

Interview Question – How do you handle angry customers?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder

Interview Details – The interview was pretty basic. Was asked to explain a few parts of a car and how they worked. After that was offered a job.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate starting salary as I was desperate for a new job and had no experience.

Interview Details – It was normal

Interview Question – There were no difficulties   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received less than I asked for.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!