Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.4

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

A three step interview process including tests, role plays and a series of questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made an offer. They don't negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Simple questions such as why do you want to work there and previous experience and jobs. As long as you are honest and a hard worker they will recognize that and hire you.

Interview Questions

• They dont ask difficult or unexpected questions its just a sales position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation at the bottom of the totem pole.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Applied online. Sales Manager contacted me within a week of applying. Had a phone interview with sales manager, hr manager and regional vice president.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer stopped doing business with you and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Interview

Hiring involved applying online, waiting for a phone call, and going in for a scheduled drug test. There was little if any training whatsoever.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiations.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

The interview was pretty basic. Was asked to explain a few parts of a car and how they worked. After that was offered a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate starting salary as I was desperate for a new job and had no experience.

Sales Interview

Interview

Its better if you know somebody.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

After Application received phone call to schedule a date of interview. Interview was re-scheduled 2 times. After interview drug test that was followed by a work week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Hired based on recommendations from a mutual business contact.

Interview Questions

• I did not have many questions during the interview. I found the manager to be abrasive and he told me that he'd interviewed a lot of people but found none suitable. Since our mutual business acquaintance recommended me he said he'd "give me a shot".   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

It was normal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Received less than I asked for.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

the interview included background check, asking about previous employment and the second round included a tour of the store and general staff.