Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.3

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Roanoke, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Very friendly, very thorough, 1 person interview, personable, took about an hour, I was asked about my qualifications, about my previous position and about my hobbies/interests and family. I was told about the position and asked if I felt comfortable with my skill sets to perform the job.

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kutztown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Kutztown, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I actually applied for a different position, and as a fresh college graduate was told I was somehow overqualified. I was asked to come in for an interview (without a phone screening) for a "supervisory position". Upon request for more details about the job, I was told I would be informed during my interview. So I drove over an hour to interview for a position without even knowing the title or primary responsibilities of the job.

The interview itself went well as it was quite standard with two people reading off a script of questions. After about 40 minutes, we shook hands and they told me to expect to hear back within the week. Over a month later, I still have not been contacted.

Interview Questions

• "If two employees were arguing on the floor, how would you go about resolving it?"   Answer Question
    • Aside from that, typical behavioral questions like "Tell me about a time when...", "What are your biggest strengths & weaknesses", etc...   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

There was a panel review called a gmap done by two district leaders at the same time. At my time of interviewing there was a math test but I think that is no longer used. The questions were fairly basic; nothing seemed outside the box. There was a lot of the general "tell me about a time" or "describe a time for me" type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go out of your way for a customer. What did you do and what was the result.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Roanoke, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

About a 15 minute interview. The interview was way under dress compared to me, but had a lot of questions on experience and achievements. Met in a conference room setting, one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• What did you do for blank company and what was your best achievement while you were there?   Answer Question

SALES CLERK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Rockville, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process went very, very fast. the manager was very nice but smelled of cigarette smoke. he explained the training and expectations. The store was very clean and the staff appeared to be happy. I glad I applied but I realized that I would rather work for a craft store

Interview Questions

• do I know anything about cars   1 Answer

Full Time Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

I got hired because a friend helped me get in that job and i don't like that job no more because i get a little salary and i loved the manager that used to be their but he left and know the manager wants me to harder and harder

Interview Questions

• If i knew what i was doing   1 Answer

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Was hired within one week very poorly ran place.
    Filled out the app online. Went the next week and talked to the manager had an Interview the next day then was hired after my drug test and back ground check came back.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about cars.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just they started at 7.60 a hour take it or leave it.

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

This was well organized, and professional. The manager had a good knowledge of his store and the practices. He asked questions pertinent to the job and the expectations of me for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about automotive knowledge.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

The interview was performed by the division manager and district manager with basic store operations questions including details about a P & L statement, inventory control, and employee training. The interview process was driven primarily in driving sales including commercial accounts and developing the talent the store needed to better serve the customer, retaining current staff to deliver a profitable store and following policies and procedures to ensure the store was successful.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you had to deal with in a retail environment and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Interview

Usual questions. Panel type intreview. Focused on customer service. Not concerned if you had auto parts experience. Please don't lead people on. Lead to believe I was a great candidate and would get their decision in a week. No call weeks later. Very unprofessional very glad I didn't get an offer

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving your current job? really why do you think.   Answer Question