Advance Auto Parts

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.3

Sales Team Member Interview

The hardest part of getting the job is the online application. if you can manage to pass it, and there is an open position, you most likely will get it. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CARS.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in February 2011.

More intensive than expected. Panel interview and one on ones . 3 total interviews only after passing a battery of tests. No female representation. Felt a little of Old Boy bias.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not meet expectations and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

The company will make you go through what is probably a very typical hiring process while the assessment you are required to take in the beginning is very long & you answer the questions over & over.

1. Assessment (Very Long)
    2. HR Phone Interview
    3. Face-to-face interview / panel interview

Normal

Retail Sales, MVR, Key Holder Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in August 2010.

People are great. All done on computer. Once completed and you are assigned to a store, everything is downhill from there. All paperwork is cut and dry. The lonest part is completing the survey on the online application.

Interview Questions
    • Repeated questions asked different ways to verify your honesty   Answer Question

Retail Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2014.

Be sure that when the manager is going to tell you when can you start and or tells you to start at certain day, ask for the salary you will get. You can negotiate a higher salary than what you filled out, depending on the need of the store; within 1 to 2 dollars per hour the average you see on glassdoor.

Interview Questions
    • What is one problem you had at you other job? And how you where able to solve it?
      Are you willing to get ahead in this company?
      Really, these are easy cake questions.

Answer Question

Mobile Parts Pro Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2014.

online application, call from store manager, one on one interview with store manager, provide store manager with info that I already supplied in my online application; get drug test form from store manager. pass drug test, hired

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in March 2012.

After submitting your resume online to the store your applying for, you're required to log onto Advances website and view a 'Sales' anamatic video (animated characters). These videos posed 'what would you do' situations.
    They involved situations such as simple customer questions, returns without receipts, customer complaints and so on. Pretty simple. Next a 100 question 'Briggs/Meyers' personality test. Then depending on the store you applied for a few weeks later an interview with the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Your manager is gone, a customer comes in with a battery and is complaining that they want to return it. They don't have a receipt. What do you do?   View Answer

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

First step was a call with a recruiter and a "personality" test, pretty standard. It was followed up by a panel conference call, personally a first for me. Approximately 2 weeks later I had a formal panel with the Area HR manager, Regional HR ,the RVP and another personal who's title escapes me. standard behavior questions with some others added to the mix.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you waste money by going to an ivy league school if you were going to work in the automotive industry?   Answer Question

The personality fit between myself and the person who would be my direct supervisor did not feel like it would be a great partnership.

COUNTER SALES Interview

One interview by general manager. Was asked basic automotive questions. Very short interview. Asked about previous work experience, nothing to difficult to answer. Very laid back experience. Had to pass a drug test. Started the following week.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2013.

This is one of the best interview processes I have experienced. The questions are experienced based and detailed. The process is performed by multiple members of the team and it is objective.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were unable to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question