Advance Auto Parts

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.3

Manager Interview

just talked to the RVP, HR, DL and was thrown into a junk store with no help. Was the worst DL I have ever talked to. Went to Atlanta, and Columbus for the interview process.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2014.

I was initially contacted by an out of the area HR employee who conducted a general phone screening. I was then scheduled for an in person interview with the local District manager and a panel of other tenured General Managers from the area. I was contacted 2 weeks later and scheduled for an in person interview with the area HR Director and the Territory VP. I then was asked to come in for a final meeting two weeks later for a job offer. According to this DM the normal time frame start to finish is usually 2-3 weeks but there were unexpected delays (Territory VP's Vacation). Advance Auto Parts is in the beginning stages of positioning themselves as a sales organization so be prepared to talk about how you will create and inspire a sales culture in your store.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected but DEFINATELY thorough. Both of my face to face interviews were face to face and with 3+ people.   View Answer
    Yes there was negotiation. The DM was very upfront about company set pay ranges and even printed off detailed breakdowns of how my bonus structure works. He used the real numbers from my store to calculate average monthly bonuses for the past year.

Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2014.

Went through interview process and was very pleased but was offered a better job. They were obliged by it and don't have any objections. I told them that I might be back of things didn't go well with this job.

Offered a better job.

Retail Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2014.

Be sure that when the manager is going to tell you when can you start and or tells you to start at certain day, ask for the salary you will get. You can negotiate a higher salary than what you filled out, depending on the need of the store; within 1 to 2 dollars per hour the average you see on glassdoor.

Interview Questions
    • What is one problem you had at you other job? And how you where able to solve it?
      Are you willing to get ahead in this company?
      Really, these are easy cake questions.

Answer Question

Parts Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2014.

Saw post online on craigslist or career builder. Went to job fair and had two interviews.....Received a call to come take drug test. Received call to come in for first day of training on computer.

Interview Questions
    • What additional part would you suggest to a customer if he asked for brake pads?   View Answer
    Take it or leave it!!!

Intern Interview

very simple on phone interview and 2 people asked a few questions and they were very patient to listen to the whole thing till the time you stop saying and the whole thing lasted only 30 minutes

Sales Person Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

I was hired only because my ability to speak Spanish fluently. I think that my experience and education were not taken into account. Everything is managed in a rush. There is no time to ask how much are you going to receive hourly or monthly, Not even what are going to be your schedule.

Interview Questions
    • They need me because they did not have enough people to fill the vacancies or maybe because people do no last longer there.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Sent in resume. Received a call for a interview at a local hotel. There were three managers that conducted the interview. They were reading off a preset list of questions. Then they graded you on your response.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly common but they followed a script. Then you were graded on your response?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

I received a call from a company recruiter to schedule a phone interview then One phone interview and about a week later an interview with the district manager. A couple of emails later within the following week) I was offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • standand structioned questions: Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question
    Very close to what I asked for.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochran, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochran, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2014.

Phone interview, person to person interview, was hired and began testing on company history, company values, product expansion and future expectations. I was given criteria for delivery position and GS2 sales course which was passed and final decision was to hire me.