Advance Auto Parts

134 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2010.

Interview Details – Short and basic. I had to discuss how i would sale add on items with major parts of sale. to max out sales goals. And when it came to my salary I said onr thing and her counter offer was minimum wage. At that time was only 8.45 pr hour and part time. Thats why ou wont to make this job only one of two that you have,

Interview Question – If i could speak Spanish?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unfair, like pulling teeth.

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Commercial Parts Pro
Skokie, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke with the manager over the phone who said he's looking for a commercial parts pro, so we set up an interview. Once I got in, he switched it to part-time key holder. Took the parts test and waiting on response, but the system didn't disclose any results. I asked about compensation, but he did not want to provide that information. Currently, I hold 2 Associates Degrees, am A+ certified & a US citizen. Waiting for his call, but doubt it'll happen. Can't wait until graduating to get on board something corporate.

Interview Question – What is an egr valve?   View Answer

SALES ASSOCIATE BILINGUAL Interview

SALES ASSOCIATE BILINGUAL
Davenport, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the careers site and I was contacted about a month later to interview. We talked about engines and practically mentioned every part and system in a car. We talked in both English and Spanish to demonstrate my ability to communicate in both languages. Received a conditional offer of employment and the paperwork for the drug test.

Interview Question – If you know engine parts and their job you won't have any problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate since I didn't have a job at that time and I knew that they wouldn't get close to what I wanted.

Courier/Sales Interview

Courier/Sales
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2014.

Interview Details – Desperate for help ....be articulate....speak well....present well and don't show up full of tattoos.
Show some intelligence even though it won't be used. Be expected to be a slave without being recognized.

Interview Question – When can you start   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Retail Parts Pro
Lindenhurst, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in March 2014.

Interview Details – It did not feel like an interview. Walked in, asked for GM or hiring manager. The staff there was very nice, they told me to wait because the GM will be back in a short time. I spoke to the GM, the district manager walks in shortly. I answered a few common questions. The next thing I know, I'm taking the test for the position.

Negotiation Details – I told them that I did my research about the wage for my position. But because I have a background in automotive and business management I asked for a higher wage. I also mentioned that I am willing to work my way up the scale.

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Commercial Parts Pro
Westminster, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in November 2011.

Interview Details – Commercial Area Manager recruited me from a shop in his area. The required interview was with the local General Manager. Who had no idea what a Commercial Parts Professional did other than make more individual sales than anyone else in the store. He spent more time telling me about the break area than interviewing me.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was that they had none for me. I was rubber stamped and overqualified.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that the company could only hire a new Commercial Parts Professional at $15 per hour. Which I replied thanks, but the interview is over since I already agreed to come on as your new Commercial Parts Pro at $18/hr and that is a pay cut for me. Worth it only because I will have more time with my family.

After apologizing profusely the GM said that pay wasn't actually up to his discretion, and thought that the figure was $15.... should have been a huge red flag

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – There was literally no interview. I called in about my application and they asked me to come in. When I got there I was asked do I know about cars, which I don't. They told me I could be a driver. I have only had my license 9 mots so they put me to sales.

Interview Question – None whatsoever. Very quick process at the location I was hired at.   Answer Question

Key Holder, Retail Parts Sales, MVR Interview

Key Holder, Retail Parts Sales, MVR

Interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview Details – You get asked the basic questions that a normal job would ask.

Negotiation Details – None

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2012.

Interview Details – Online process and Pre-Screen personality / ethics evaluation. Phone interview, then interview with DM. Final decision made by Panel interview with RVP for General manger positions only.

Interview Question – Auto Technical Questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and a week of immediate vacation available.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in January 2013.

Interview Details – Mine was pretty simple, I knew cars and bugged the hell out of my GM to give me a job, was too young at first, worked at Harris Teeter for a few months (Another GOD AWFUL company to work for) and when I was finally old enough, got the job ad Advance.