Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.3

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Informal but professional. Once the online app was complete, I went to store and did a 1 on 1 interview with the GM. After a 20 min interview, I was offered the position and took it on the spot.

Short & sweet

Sales Team Member Interview

The hardest part of getting the job is the online application. if you can manage to pass it, and there is an open position, you most likely will get it. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CARS.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in December 2014.

About a 15 minute interview. The interview was way under dress compared to me, but had a lot of questions on experience and achievements. Met in a conference room setting, one-on-one.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do for blank company and what was your best achievement while you were there?   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

The company will make you go through what is probably a very typical hiring process while the assessment you are required to take in the beginning is very long & you answer the questions over & over.

1. Assessment (Very Long)
    2. HR Phone Interview
    3. Face-to-face interview / panel interview

Normal

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

First step was a call with a recruiter and a "personality" test, pretty standard. It was followed up by a panel conference call, personally a first for me. Approximately 2 weeks later I had a formal panel with the Area HR manager, Regional HR ,the RVP and another personal who's title escapes me. standard behavior questions with some others added to the mix.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you waste money by going to an ivy league school if you were going to work in the automotive industry?   Answer Question

The personality fit between myself and the person who would be my direct supervisor did not feel like it would be a great partnership.

COUNTER SALES Interview

One interview by general manager. Was asked basic automotive questions. Very short interview. Asked about previous work experience, nothing to difficult to answer. Very laid back experience. Had to pass a drug test. Started the following week.

Mobile Parts Pro Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2014.

online application, call from store manager, one on one interview with store manager, provide store manager with info that I already supplied in my online application; get drug test form from store manager. pass drug test, hired

Commercial Driver Interview

The application on the website was long but fairly easy. The interview was short, more conversational and they wanted to know my availability more and after a drug test I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question, very straightforward   Answer Question

Advance Auto Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

I only went on one interview with one manager. He asked questions about my previous work history. The interview lasted about five minutes. He was late for my interview because they were short on drivers. He told me they had to run a SLED background and a DMV background check.He gave me a paper to take for my drug test and said we will discuss what I would be getting paid after I took the drug test. (Which I thought was a little backwards most place tell you that information the same day they say you have the job)He called me back within three days of me taking my drug test.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult question just all basic interview questions   Answer Question
    If you are going to work here find out what you are going to get paid before you accept the offer because there is no room for negotiation.

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

You have to speak to several people and do some role playing for them to hire hard and the right mix. Upper management made you feel comfortable through out process. And good pace for the whole process.