Advance Auto Parts

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

You have to speak to several people and do some role playing for them to hire hard and the right mix. Upper management made you feel comfortable through out process. And good pace for the whole process.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in April 2010.

Call came from recruiter, talked back and forth a couple times. Received email link to screening tests. A couple weeks later, had face to face with hiring manager, and then the Regional VP. Received call from hiring manager to come in to set up drug and background checks, a couple weeks later hired.

Interview Questions
    • Really wasn't a difficult question, more of me trying to read the interviewer and shape answers to best position self.   Answer Question
    Really wasn't negotiation phase. The job pays what it pays.

Manager Interview

just talked to the RVP, HR, DL and was thrown into a junk store with no help. Was the worst DL I have ever talked to. Went to Atlanta, and Columbus for the interview process.

Sales Mobile Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parma, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2013.

All testing is done over the phone including giving them all your personal information.This includes drivers license info and social security number.Testing is easy if you have common sense and sales knowledge.Auto knowledge is really secondary and pretty unimportant to be hired.Interviews at least where I worked were conducted by managers that have no people skills and are less than bright.I can't say if its like that at all the stores but was were I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever stolen anything for a company that you worked for.WAS A VERY LONG TEST FOR SUBSTANDARD PAY.The hardest part is getting through the1 hr long online test which was more interested in sales skills than knowledge of auto parts. If you have any sales experience the test is common sense.After taking the job I continued to get calls from every Advance store in the city.This is the cheapest company that you will ever come across.No benefits except for 20% off on prts.Cheaper to buy from them online.Pathetic..I do believe that you can move up the ladder quickly if you have a little personality,averge IQ and a lot of patience.You will need to have a lot of outside financial help and a lot of patience if this is the career path you choose.   View Answer
    short interview by unqualified managers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2013.

Must apply online first, then contact the store you desire to work at and notify the manager to pull your application for an interview. I visited the store and spoke with the manager. I had to return several times to meet with the local manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a customer who is upset with our product and wants to return it without a receipt?   View Answer
    No negotiating. I accepted the offer that was offered.

Mobile Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bayonne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayonne, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in August 2012.

I applied after about 2 days they called to go on a 1 on1 interview rom there I had to go on a small seminar on parts which took place the next day then we were told what our training store would be

Interview Questions
    • There was really none, when they hit me was when I started working there   Answer Question
    not much he gave me a salary and I accepted

Intern Interview

very simple on phone interview and 2 people asked a few questions and they were very patient to listen to the whole thing till the time you stop saying and the whole thing lasted only 30 minutes

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cochran, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochran, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2014.

Phone interview, person to person interview, was hired and began testing on company history, company values, product expansion and future expectations. I was given criteria for delivery position and GS2 sales course which was passed and final decision was to hire me.

Sales Person Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

I was hired only because my ability to speak Spanish fluently. I think that my experience and education were not taken into account. Everything is managed in a rush. There is no time to ask how much are you going to receive hourly or monthly, Not even what are going to be your schedule.

Interview Questions
    • They need me because they did not have enough people to fill the vacancies or maybe because people do no last longer there.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Sent in resume. Received a call for a interview at a local hotel. There were three managers that conducted the interview. They were reading off a preset list of questions. Then they graded you on your response.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly common but they followed a script. Then you were graded on your response?   Answer Question