Advance Auto Parts

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Sent in resume. Received a call for a interview at a local hotel. There were three managers that conducted the interview. They were reading off a preset list of questions. Then they graded you on your response.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly common but they followed a script. Then you were graded on your response?   Answer Question

General Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in February 2010.

First was phone interview, then got called in to do panel interview with head of DC for Lakeland facility in addition to two other managers. Asked me about past experience in warehouses and why I left. Overall was just behavioral questions to see how you would work in team environment

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about past work history, basic behavioral questions, did I have any experience operating warehouse equipment i.e. pallet jack, cherry picker, forklift   View Answer
    Starting pay in 2010 was 10.75, take it or leave it, now believe it starts at 11.54 hrly without shift bonus ie first shift

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

I received a call from a company recruiter to schedule a phone interview then One phone interview and about a week later an interview with the district manager. A couple of emails later within the following week) I was offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • standand structioned questions: Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question
    Very close to what I asked for.

Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2010.

Short and basic. I had to discuss how i would sale add on items with major parts of sale. to max out sales goals. And when it came to my salary I said onr thing and her counter offer was minimum wage. At that time was only 8.45 pr hour and part time. Thats why ou wont to make this job only one of two that you have,

Interview Questions
    Unfair, like pulling teeth.

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2014.

Spoke with the manager over the phone who said he's looking for a commercial parts pro, so we set up an interview. Once I got in, he switched it to part-time key holder. Took the parts test and waiting on response, but the system didn't disclose any results. I asked about compensation, but he did not want to provide that information. Currently, I hold 2 Associates Degrees, am A+ certified & a US citizen. Waiting for his call, but doubt it'll happen. Can't wait until graduating to get on board something corporate.

SALES ASSOCIATE BILINGUAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Davenport, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in September 2013.

I applied through the careers site and I was contacted about a month later to interview. We talked about engines and practically mentioned every part and system in a car. We talked in both English and Spanish to demonstrate my ability to communicate in both languages. Received a conditional offer of employment and the paperwork for the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • If you know engine parts and their job you won't have any problems.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate since I didn't have a job at that time and I knew that they wouldn't get close to what I wanted.

Courier/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2014.

Desperate for help ....be articulate....speak well....present well and don't show up full of tattoos.
    Show some intelligence even though it won't be used. Be expected to be a slave without being recognized.

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lindenhurst, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindenhurst, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in March 2014.

It did not feel like an interview. Walked in, asked for GM or hiring manager. The staff there was very nice, they told me to wait because the GM will be back in a short time. I spoke to the GM, the district manager walks in shortly. I answered a few common questions. The next thing I know, I'm taking the test for the position.

I told them that I did my research about the wage for my position. But because I have a background in automotive and business management I asked for a higher wage. I also mentioned that I am willing to work my way up the scale.

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in November 2011.

Commercial Area Manager recruited me from a shop in his area. The required interview was with the local General Manager. Who had no idea what a Commercial Parts Professional did other than make more individual sales than anyone else in the store. He spent more time telling me about the break area than interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was that they had none for me. I was rubber stamped and overqualified.   Answer Question
    I was told that the company could only hire a new Commercial Parts Professional at $15 per hour. Which I replied thanks, but the interview is over since I already agreed to come on as your new Commercial Parts Pro at $18/hr and that is a pay cut for me. Worth it only because I will have more time with my family.

After apologizing profusely the GM said that pay wasn't actually up to his discretion, and thought that the figure was $15.... should have been a huge red flag

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

There was literally no interview. I called in about my application and they asked me to come in. When I got there I was asked do I know about cars, which I don't. They told me I could be a driver. I have only had my license 9 mots so they put me to sales.

Interview Questions
    • None whatsoever. Very quick process at the location I was hired at.   Answer Question