Advance Auto Parts

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

I didn't even remember I had applied. They called me about a month later. I was the only female there but they were really cool. It was a simple interview, they checked my availability asked basic questions about me and if I could fulfill the job requirements. They called me back with an offer about 4days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were simple and typical interview questions   Answer Question

I declined because I had already gotten another job.

Sales Mobile Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2013.

All testing is done over the phone including giving them all your personal information.This includes drivers license info and social security number.Testing is easy if you have common sense and sales knowledge.Auto knowledge is really secondary and pretty unimportant to be hired.Interviews at least where I worked were conducted by managers that have no people skills and are less than bright.I can't say if its like that at all the stores but was were I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever stolen anything for a company that you worked for.WAS A VERY LONG TEST FOR SUBSTANDARD PAY.The hardest part is getting through the1 hr long online test which was more interested in sales skills than knowledge of auto parts. If you have any sales experience the test is common sense.After taking the job I continued to get calls from every Advance store in the city.This is the cheapest company that you will ever come across.No benefits except for 20% off on prts.Cheaper to buy from them online.Pathetic..I do believe that you can move up the ladder quickly if you have a little personality,averge IQ and a lot of patience.You will need to have a lot of outside financial help and a lot of patience if this is the career path you choose.   View Answer
    short interview by unqualified managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2013.

Must apply online first, then contact the store you desire to work at and notify the manager to pull your application for an interview. I visited the store and spoke with the manager. I had to return several times to meet with the local manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a customer who is upset with our product and wants to return it without a receipt?   View Answer
    No negotiating. I accepted the offer that was offered.

Key Holder Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

The interview was pretty basic. Was asked to explain a few parts of a car and how they worked. After that was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    Unable to negotiate starting salary as I was desperate for a new job and had no experience.

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Applied online, received a call about setting up an interview for part time job. Called back and set up an interview. During this first interview I was asked if i was interested in management, said yes and was set up for 2 more interviews, one at another store and another with the division manager. After the first interview I took an automotive knowledge assessment test. My second interview was with a store manager at a different store, this one wasn't really an interview as I wasn't really asked any questions, we really just had a conversation. The third interview was more intense and had some tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to inspire someone else   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, did not feel like I was able to.

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Was turned onto the position by a current employee, brought in to interview, took assessment, received papers for drug testing, signed forms for MVR certification, took drug test, went for second interview, agreed on wage and hours, was put on schedule.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you are worth for hourly pay?   View Answer

SALES ASSOCIATE BILINGUAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in September 2013.

I applied through the careers site and I was contacted about a month later to interview. We talked about engines and practically mentioned every part and system in a car. We talked in both English and Spanish to demonstrate my ability to communicate in both languages. Received a conditional offer of employment and the paperwork for the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • If you know engine parts and their job you won't have any problems.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate since I didn't have a job at that time and I knew that they wouldn't get close to what I wanted.

Sales Interview

Its better if you know somebody.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

After Application received phone call to schedule a date of interview. Interview was re-scheduled 2 times. After interview drug test that was followed by a work week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Pretty easy came in and answered a few questions and they said get back to me after the background check and got a call week or so later and offered me the job!

Interview Questions
    • Asked me a few different up selling questions and if any situations in which I had in my life to up sell a product. asked a few questions about different parts and there components.   Answer Question
    none