Advance Auto Parts

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

Mobile Pro Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

I applied online where I had to take a personality and ethics test. Then I received a phone call for a interview within the week. At the interview I was asked about general car knowledge and customer service experience. After the interview I was offered the job after I passed a drug test, background test, and driver history.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

The interview process was straightforward and easy

Didn't negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

the interview included background check, asking about previous employment and the second round included a tour of the store and general staff.

Genera Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

met in store and interviewed with dl

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

It was normal

Interview Questions
    Received less than I asked for.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Barboursville, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barboursville, WV

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2012.

Hired on the spot. No interview.

Was none.

Floor Plan Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roanoke, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

First was a phone interview with the HR recruiter. She didn’t know anything about the position other than what the hiring manager gave her (which was the same as the description of the job posted online). She asked questions that could be typed into an answer box...just qualifications, experience, etc. A few days later was a phone interview from the hiring manager (I was not local so this may be in person for others). He asked lots of questions pertaining to the job, what I know, programs I’ve used, etc. Also asked questions about working in teams and how you led them. I used all examples from college experiences as I was a recent grad. A few weeks later I was then invited to the Roanoke Office for an in person interview. This was a panel interview with 5 people (one from each team I collaborate with). At this point I cannot remember many questions they asked. I don't remember them being very difficult. Most questions related to team work, being professional, etc. They knew I had no experience in doing what I was applying for so wanted to know I was going to be a good fit for the team. A week or two later the HR recruiter called me and offered a position. I asked for more money, and as expected they did not give it to me. I didnt try, but would reccommend asking for extra vacation days if no pay increase.

I also worked at the store level before coming here so the personalitly test/drug test was not done but I know the company does this at corporate level.

EDIT: After my first full year at corporate, no raises were given.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a little bit more money to the HR recruiter. She talked to the hiring manager/team. She came back and said "They are staying with their current offer." I accepted anyway. Maybe try asking for more vacation if they dont give on salary.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in September 2012.

Called by recruiter, phone interview with recruiter, panel interview with tests, interview with District Manager. Process took around 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Typical coaching and personality based interview questions.   Answer Question
    Salary was offered thet was in line with median salary and expectations.

Parts Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Cloud, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Personal interview manager at time of hire was thorough!

Interview Questions
    • Was not difficult at all basice knowledge of Auto repair would get you through   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation was take it or leave it.

Assistant Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greer, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

The hiring process at Advance Auto Parts today is automated .Through our website you place your information into a que that is rated and moved through the process based on your answers to an assessment. Based on your application job preference the assessment can be different.Individual Store Managers or regional HR reps place requisitions for job types onto the hiring system. After that any store or Hr rep can pull that information and disseminate it to the appropriate departmant.

Interview Questions
    • What is the proper plastigage clearance for the main bearings on a 1978 Chevy 350 cid engine?   Answer Question
    Typical negotiation. A few days of back and forth before a conclusion was reached.