Advance Auto Parts

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Pikeville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2013.

Interview Details – Friend of mine run the place, said hey you want a job I'm can get you 12 buck and hour.
I said sure, he said come back tomorrow

Interview Question – wasn't any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He told me 12 per hour, 8 dollars on my first 5 paychecks

Retail Parts Pro

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process is an interview with the store manager and the second interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – The questions were self explanatory. They were not difficult .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a negotiation on salary. They make an offer. You tell what you would like and then they usually meet in the middle.

Mansfield, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – I talked with the manager and started following monday I believe 9 years ago hard to recall

Middlesboro, KY

I applied online and interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – Very few questions about automotive knowledge and experience. Most questions centered on loyalty, loss prevention, and sales experience.

Interview Question – Caught off guard when asked about family members and children.   View Answer

Retail Parts Pro

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in December 2012.

Interview Details – It was 3 interviews with 4 different people. 1st was with district mgr. Was asked a series of prescripted questions then a few questions about how a car works. 2nd was with the store gm same type interview. 3rd was with the agm very simple last interview was offered job and pay.

Interview Question – How does cv Axel work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Retail Parts Pro

The process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2011.

Interview Details – No real questions, and no skill surveys. Not even asked about my experience. Nothing was mentioned about salary and the employer did all the speaking during the interview process. I was not told, for instance that I would be getting less than twenty hours a week, and that the pay range did not exceed minimum wage by very much.

Interview Question – No questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations, I was told that in a nutshell, I had to accept the offer as-is, or I would not be considered at all. The interviewer seemed bored with the process and dis-interested in anything I had to say.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advance Auto Parts

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advance Auto Parts Retail Parts Pro interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advance Auto Parts employees and interview candidates.