Advance Auto Parts

2.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindenhurst, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindenhurst, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in March 2014.

It did not feel like an interview. Walked in, asked for GM or hiring manager. The staff there was very nice, they told me to wait because the GM will be back in a short time. I spoke to the GM, the district manager walks in shortly. I answered a few common questions. The next thing I know, I'm taking the test for the position.

I told them that I did my research about the wage for my position. But because I have a background in automotive and business management I asked for a higher wage. I also mentioned that I am willing to work my way up the scale.

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikeville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikeville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2013.

Friend of mine run the place, said hey you want a job I'm can get you 12 buck and hour.
    I said sure, he said come back tomorrow

He told me 12 per hour, 8 dollars on my first 5 paychecks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

I talked with the manager and started following monday I believe 9 years ago hard to recall

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlesboro, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlesboro, KY

I applied online – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Very few questions about automotive knowledge and experience. Most questions centered on loyalty, loss prevention, and sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • Caught off guard when asked about family members and children.   View Answer

Retail Parts Pro Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2012.

Interview process is an interview with the store manager and the second interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were self explanatory. They were not difficult .   Answer Question
    There was a negotiation on salary. They make an offer. You tell what you would like and then they usually meet in the middle.

Retail Parts Pro Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in January 2012.

Interview was by manager. They wanted to know if I spoke Spanish. They also wanted to know if I had background experience on cars. The manager was very professional and had questions about my flexibility and where do I see myself in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Was not difficult for me as I know about cars and installing batteries.   Answer Question

Retail Parts Pro Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in December 2012.

It was 3 interviews with 4 different people. 1st was with district mgr. Was asked a series of prescripted questions then a few questions about how a car works. 2nd was with the store gm same type interview. 3rd was with the agm very simple last interview was offered job and pay.

None

Retail Parts Pro Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2011.

No real questions, and no skill surveys. Not even asked about my experience. Nothing was mentioned about salary and the employer did all the speaking during the interview process. I was not told, for instance that I would be getting less than twenty hours a week, and that the pay range did not exceed minimum wage by very much.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations, I was told that in a nutshell, I had to accept the offer as-is, or I would not be considered at all. The interviewer seemed bored with the process and dis-interested in anything I had to say.