Advance Auto Parts

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in January 2013.

Interview Details – Mine was pretty simple, I knew cars and bugged the hell out of my GM to give me a job, was too young at first, worked at Harris Teeter for a few months (Another GOD AWFUL company to work for) and when I was finally old enough, got the job ad Advance.

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – After Application received phone call to schedule a date of interview. Interview was re-scheduled 2 times. After interview drug test that was followed by a work week.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Westfield, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2012.

Interview Details – Informal Interview. Basically asked about previous retail/sales experience and mechanical knowledge

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Was offered 8.80/Hr which is what new hires are started at. Accepted. Time and half on sudnays.

Stoughton, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2012.

Interview Details – Online test of skills, 1:1 interview, 2nd interview, background check & drug test.

Interview Question – What do you know about auto parts?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I felt they offered me a very competitive wage to begin with.

Mobile, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online (I don't think anyone but a "Mom and Pop" operation takes applications in person anymore). I visited the store at which I wanted to work, and talked with the GM. He asked me to take an aptitude test, which I did, scoring well. The GM, who had recently lost a part-time associate, pulled my application and set up an interview, along with the District Leader. The interview was reasonably thorough, and they were very forthright in answering my questions. I was asked to take a drug screen, and was told that, pending the results of the drug screen and a background check, I had the job. I wanted to work for Advance because I liked the way they treat customers, and the way they offer helpful service, and never "pressure-sell" their customers.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the best beginning pay rate I could...I felt that the GM would have offered more if he could have, but was assured that pay raises would follow accordingly.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!