Advance Auto Parts

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2013.

Interview Details – Must apply online first, then contact the store you desire to work at and notify the manager to pull your application for an interview. I visited the store and spoke with the manager. I had to return several times to meet with the local manager.

Interview Question – How would I handle a customer who is upset with our product and wants to return it without a receipt?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. I accepted the offer that was offered.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – There was literally no interview. I called in about my application and they asked me to come in. When I got there I was asked do I know about cars, which I don't. They told me I could be a driver. I have only had my license 9 mots so they put me to sales.

Interview Question – None whatsoever. Very quick process at the location I was hired at.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview Details – the interview included background check, asking about previous employment and the second round included a tour of the store and general staff.

Interview Question – questions about career oppertunities   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – It was normal

Interview Question – There were no difficulties   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received less than I asked for.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – I didn't even remember I had applied. They called me about a month later. I was the only female there but they were really cool. It was a simple interview, they checked my availability asked basic questions about me and if I could fulfill the job requirements. They called me back with an offer about 4days later.

Interview Question – The questions were simple and typical interview questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I had already gotten another job.

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in April 2013.

Interview Details – Via phone call, I was asked about my experiences with my previous employers, knowledge and experience I've had with my car or any other car, how I would work with other employees and customers.

Sales Associate

Interview Details – Pretty easy came in and answered a few questions and they said get back to me after the background check and got a call week or so later and offered me the job!

Interview Question – Asked me a few different up selling questions and if any situations in which I had in my life to up sell a product. asked a few questions about different parts and there components.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Associate

I applied through other source and interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – Hired based on recommendations from a mutual business contact.

Interview Question – I did not have many questions during the interview. I found the manager to be abrasive and he told me that he'd interviewed a lot of people but found none suitable. Since our mutual business acquaintance recommended me he said he'd "give me a shot".   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in September 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty simple, I did an interview with a recruiter face to face who asked basic questions about my customer service experience and if i ever had experience in the auto industry. A second interview was then set up in approximately two days after my 1st interview... The 2nd interview was simple and to the point.

Interview Question – How much do you know about the auto industry   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were held

Mobile, AL

Interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview Details – Routine, asked standard auto education questions, changing oil, brakes, A/C etc... trying to feel you out for knowledge and expertise

Interview Question – more aggresive auto parts questions that you may not know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – standard, they throw a number out and you throw one back

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!