Advance Auto Parts

2.0

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2011.

It was very easy process, first job interview was only few questions. then next job interview was basically to accept the job offer. Very basic interview questions regard to automotive knowledge and experience. Some questions may vary such as "why do you want to work for Advance auto parts?"

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carolina, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carolina, PR

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in September 2011.

First you need to apply online in their web page and fill out the long application and answer the questions that are given to you in an online exam. Then if you pass they will get you an interview in about 2 to 6 weeks if lucky. And you will have a quick interview and basically you start working soon after.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you about your knowledge about cars and about your salesman abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Xenia, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Xenia, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

I applied online, showed up for the interview, and I was hired on the spot. Probably the easiest interview process ever. Took a drug screen and had to pass a background check. I discussed with the manager the expectations of the sales associate role and the logistics of the company. The manager explained to me that a sales associate will be written up if they don't meet the SPH goal. But, the manager said that someone would really have to slack to not meet the SPH goal.

Interview Questions
    There was not a negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2013.

Must apply online first, then contact the store you desire to work at and notify the manager to pull your application for an interview. I visited the store and spoke with the manager. I had to return several times to meet with the local manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a customer who is upset with our product and wants to return it without a receipt?   View Answer
    No negotiating. I accepted the offer that was offered.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

There was literally no interview. I called in about my application and they asked me to come in. When I got there I was asked do I know about cars, which I don't. They told me I could be a driver. I have only had my license 9 mots so they put me to sales.

Interview Questions
    • None whatsoever. Very quick process at the location I was hired at.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

the interview included background check, asking about previous employment and the second round included a tour of the store and general staff.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

It was normal

Interview Questions
    Received less than I asked for.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

I didn't even remember I had applied. They called me about a month later. I was the only female there but they were really cool. It was a simple interview, they checked my availability asked basic questions about me and if I could fulfill the job requirements. They called me back with an offer about 4days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were simple and typical interview questions   Answer Question

I declined because I had already gotten another job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in April 2013.

Via phone call, I was asked about my experiences with my previous employers, knowledge and experience I've had with my car or any other car, how I would work with other employees and customers.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Pretty easy came in and answered a few questions and they said get back to me after the background check and got a call week or so later and offered me the job!

Interview Questions
    • Asked me a few different up selling questions and if any situations in which I had in my life to up sell a product. asked a few questions about different parts and there components.   Answer Question
    none

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!