Advance Auto Parts Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Xenia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Xenia, OH).

Interview

I applied online, showed up for the interview, and I was hired on the spot. Probably the easiest interview process ever. Took a drug screen and had to pass a background check. I discussed with the manager the expectations of the sales associate role and the logistics of the company. The manager explained to me that a sales associate will be written up if they don't meet the SPH goal. But, the manager said that someone would really have to slack to not meet the SPH goal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase.

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

There was literally no interview. I called in about my application and they asked me to come in. When I got there I was asked do I know about cars, which I don't. They told me I could be a driver. I have only had my license 9 mots so they put me to sales.

Interview Questions

• None whatsoever. Very quick process at the location I was hired at.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

the interview included background check, asking about previous employment and the second round included a tour of the store and general staff.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

It was normal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Received less than I asked for.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

I didn't even remember I had applied. They called me about a month later. I was the only female there but they were really cool. It was a simple interview, they checked my availability asked basic questions about me and if I could fulfill the job requirements. They called me back with an offer about 4days later.

Interview Questions

• The questions were simple and typical interview questions   Answer Question

I declined because I had already gotten another job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

Must apply online first, then contact the store you desire to work at and notify the manager to pull your application for an interview. I visited the store and spoke with the manager. I had to return several times to meet with the local manager.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a customer who is upset with our product and wants to return it without a receipt?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. I accepted the offer that was offered.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Pretty easy came in and answered a few questions and they said get back to me after the background check and got a call week or so later and offered me the job!

Interview Questions

• Asked me a few different up selling questions and if any situations in which I had in my life to up sell a product. asked a few questions about different parts and there components.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Hired based on recommendations from a mutual business contact.

Interview Questions

• I did not have many questions during the interview. I found the manager to be abrasive and he told me that he'd interviewed a lot of people but found none suitable. Since our mutual business acquaintance recommended me he said he'd "give me a shot".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Via phone call, I was asked about my experiences with my previous employers, knowledge and experience I've had with my car or any other car, how I would work with other employees and customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Interview

Routine, asked standard auto education questions, changing oil, brakes, A/C etc... trying to feel you out for knowledge and expertise

Interview Questions

• more aggresive auto parts questions that you may not know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

standard, they throw a number out and you throw one back