Advance Auto Parts

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Person

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview Details – I was hired only because my ability to speak Spanish fluently. I think that my experience and education were not taken into account. Everything is managed in a rush. There is no time to ask how much are you going to receive hourly or monthly, Not even what are going to be your schedule.

Interview Question – They need me because they did not have enough people to fill the vacancies or maybe because people do no last longer there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all.

Charlotte, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call at about 1:30pm and was asked to come in for an interview (today or never). I arrived at the interview five minutes early and ended up waiting twenty minutes until I was brought to a table in the back of the store. It was an "easy interview" as he seemed impressed by everything I said, though I wouldn't consider myself THAT impressive. He told me people always move up in the company and he could tell I was "management material". I was offered a job pending the results of my drug test that I had to take the next day.

Interview Question – Do you think you could be happy with a part-time position even though you are obviously management material?   View Answer

Sales Person

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2009.

Interview Details – It didn't take long...I applied, interviewed, and after taking a short skills exam to prove I had some knowledge about auto mechanics I was hired later that week. The overall interview was fairly easy however pay isn't too exciting but I needed a job. It turne out to be quite rewarding because I know more about cars and parts than some men do!! Kudos to Advance Auto!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't one because this was my first job in this industry and they have a set minimum for what the "average" newbie to auto mechanics starts out with.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advance Auto Parts

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advance Auto Parts Sales Person interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advance Auto Parts employees and interview candidates.