Advance Auto Parts

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in August 2014.

Applied online, got a call back from an interviewer to set up a phone interview. After phone interview, given appointment for an interview in person with the District Manager, about an hour's drive away. Upon arrival for my interview, after a few questions, was told that the position I had applied for was filled two weeks prior, and another position within a reasonable drive had been filled just that day.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in an auto parts store, even though you have no auto repair experience?   View Answer

The job offered was NOT in the region I had applied for.

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Sent in resume. Received a call for a interview at a local hotel. There were three managers that conducted the interview. They were reading off a preset list of questions. Then they graded you on your response.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly common but they followed a script. Then you were graded on your response?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

I received a call from a company recruiter to schedule a phone interview then One phone interview and about a week later an interview with the district manager. A couple of emails later within the following week) I was offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • standand structioned questions: Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question
    Very close to what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in January 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter and conducted a phone interview. I completed an assessment online and was brought into a hub store for an interview. At my interview I had to complete a written test about profit and loss and gross profit questions. I then as given a panel interview by two area managers and was told I was one out of three candidates and I would receive a call back if I was selected for another interview. I was not contacted again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in March 2011.

Regional HR called, set up phone interview
    Phone interview with Reg. HR 30min
    Panel interview with Reg. HR, 2 District Managers, 1 Store manager - 1 hr+, included testing on math skills, p&l knowledge, role playing customer, employee, and supervisor situations, and questions from each panel member on management style, values, strengths, and weakness

Interview Questions
    The first store I was offered I turned down, I accepted a second location that became available 2 months later. Wage was negotiated with in a week. I would suggest looking to see what the average pay is as I believe I would have been able to negotiate a higher wage. Raises, bonus, and other benefits are standard and not truly negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in April 2010.

Call came from recruiter, talked back and forth a couple times. Received email link to screening tests. A couple weeks later, had face to face with hiring manager, and then the Regional VP. Received call from hiring manager to come in to set up drug and background checks, a couple weeks later hired.

Interview Questions
    • Really wasn't a difficult question, more of me trying to read the interviewer and shape answers to best position self.   Answer Question
    Really wasn't negotiation phase. The job pays what it pays.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!