Advance Auto Parts Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.7

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

The interview was performed by the division manager and district manager with basic store operations questions including details about a P & L statement, inventory control, and employee training. The interview process was driven primarily in driving sales including commercial accounts and developing the talent the store needed to better serve the customer, retaining current staff to deliver a profitable store and following policies and procedures to ensure the store was successful.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you had to deal with in a retail environment and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Plymouth, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back from an interviewer to set up a phone interview. After phone interview, given appointment for an interview in person with the District Manager, about an hour's drive away. Upon arrival for my interview, after a few questions, was told that the position I had applied for was filled two weeks prior, and another position within a reasonable drive had been filled just that day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in an auto parts store, even though you have no auto repair experience?   1 Answer

The job offered was NOT in the region I had applied for.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Sent in resume. Received a call for a interview at a local hotel. There were three managers that conducted the interview. They were reading off a preset list of questions. Then they graded you on your response.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly common but they followed a script. Then you were graded on your response?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

I received a call from a company recruiter to schedule a phone interview then One phone interview and about a week later an interview with the district manager. A couple of emails later within the following week) I was offer the job.

Interview Questions

• standand structioned questions: Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very close to what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Troy, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and conducted a phone interview. I completed an assessment online and was brought into a hub store for an interview. At my interview I had to complete a written test about profit and loss and gross profit questions. I then as given a panel interview by two area managers and was told I was one out of three candidates and I would receive a call back if I was selected for another interview. I was not contacted again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

There was a panel review called a gmap done by two district leaders at the same time. At my time of interviewing there was a math test but I think that is no longer used. The questions were fairly basic; nothing seemed outside the box. There was a lot of the general "tell me about a time" or "describe a time for me" type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go out of your way for a customer. What did you do and what was the result.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2011.

Interview

Regional HR called, set up phone interview Phone interview with Reg. HR 30min Panel interview with Reg. HR, 2 District Managers, 1 Store manager - 1 hr+, included testing on math skills, p&l knowledge, role playing customer, employee, and supervisor situations, and questions from each panel member on management style, values, strengths, and weakness

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The first store I was offered I turned down, I accepted a second location that became available 2 months later. Wage was negotiated with in a week. I would suggest looking to see what the average pay is as I believe I would have been able to negotiate a higher wage. Raises, bonus, and other benefits are standard and not truly negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Chantilly, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

More intensive than expected. Panel interview and one on ones . 3 total interviews only after passing a battery of tests. No female representation. Felt a little of Old Boy bias.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not meet expectations and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Atlanta, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

Call came from recruiter, talked back and forth a couple times. Received email link to screening tests. A couple weeks later, had face to face with hiring manager, and then the Regional VP. Received call from hiring manager to come in to set up drug and background checks, a couple weeks later hired.

Interview Questions

• Really wasn't a difficult question, more of me trying to read the interviewer and shape answers to best position self.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really wasn't negotiation phase. The job pays what it pays.