Advanced Bionics

3.1

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advanced Bionics.

Applied online, got an email from hiring manager, to set up a phone interview, afetr 30 minuts of talking about the my background and company history, i was told to be contacted for in person interview. A full day interview was set up, with 8 different people including the HR/Managers/Director/VP/Engineers. all were nice people asking reasonable questions both technical and HR related. they looked interested, and I was told to be contacted later.
    after three weeks I received an email that explained that even though my skills are very strong they decided to go with another candidate. they called to one of my references right after the interview, which is the only negative point of their process since it implies that they already made their decision to give an offer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advanced Bionics.

i was contacted by the director of the group who asked me a few general questions on past experience. Then by some systems engineer who asked me technical questions, and then the HR person asked me a bunch of typical HR questions : why you left your job and questions on handling conflicts (they seem to get a lot of it).

Interview Questions
    • too many questions by the systems engineer, on communications receiver details, that test knowledge more than it tests ability to think. No one seems to have read any of my publications. Higher level people had more intelligent questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advanced Bionics.

Applied online for the job posted on Indeed. Dis not get call for 2 months. After 2 months got a call from the manager. Interview was done right then. It was just one phone interview. Questions were in c language programming. The total time of the interview was around 30 minutes. The result was announced after another month by phone.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advanced Bionics.

pretty fun and long interview. I got to interview with a diverse group, from the hiring manager to project managers and few other line managers. Very friendly process but long (~7 hours)

Interview Questions
    • I won't say anything unexpected but if there is something on the resume, they will drill down on it and expect you to know every basic detail. The salary range they offer is a bit lower than the other companies in the area.   Answer Question

lower salary

Systems Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advanced Bionics.

Had phone interview by two system engineers. The first engineer directly went to some basic technical question in DSP which was not really my strong point. And then he asked some questions regarding to the coursework on my resume. The second interview started from the typical "tell me yourself" question.Then I introduced my thesis work. Some basic digital logic questions were followed.

Interview Questions
    • The signal processing questions which I have almost forgotten.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advanced Bionics in February 2012.

The hiring manager called me and we talked on the phone and he was all positive and excited and wanted me to come in for the in-person interview with the team. When they scheduled it, I went in for the whole day 8:30-3:45ish. I had a talk with HR first and told her I had another offer in hand and was excited to be interviewing at AB because it's a company that's getting bigger. They are opening another location in Valencia.

Then I talked to the team, one by one, 30-40 minutes each. Got a tour of the place. Got asked bunch of technical questions about pressure, temperature, process validation, product validation, etc. Went to the lunch which was mostly me answering questions. The manager took me to the Valencia location, trying to sell me on how they are expanding and it's exciting. He also tried to sell me on the fact that he was very good as a manager and such. So the day ended at 3:45. I did very well.

Then the same day around 6:30-7pm, I get a call from the manager. On the phone, he gives me a verbal job offer and says we'll have to figure out the salary part. He tells me that HR would like an email from me about my expectations, especially since I have another offer in hand.

What? This is not how it's supposed to work!!

I asked for an official written offer but the manager was being weird about it and wanted me to write an email explaining what I was expecting. So I did and then two days later, HR tells me that they are not interested in me.

I wasn't cheap enough for this cheap company.

A friend of mine went there for an interview for a completely different position and he had a similar experience.

This company's HR is being shady or the manager was being shady. Terrible. I won't ever apply to them again.

Interview Questions
    • What's process validation? What's product validation? Manufacturing questions about pressure, temperature, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stäfa (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stäfa (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Advanced Bionics in August 2013.

They care about people and want people to fit in the team.

Interview Questions
    • How would you retrieve old hearing aids 20,000k from a long time business partner?   Answer Question
    Brief and to the point. The salary is fixed but there are many side benefits.

Validation Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Advanced Bionics in August 2009.

Phone screening. A few background questions, followed by related experience questions/technical questions. Lasted about 30 minutes.