Advanced Bionics

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advanced Bionics.

Interview Details – pretty fun and long interview. I got to interview with a diverse group, from the hiring manager to project managers and few other line managers. Very friendly process but long (~7 hours)

Interview Question – I won't say anything unexpected but if there is something on the resume, they will drill down on it and expect you to know every basic detail. The salary range they offer is a bit lower than the other companies in the area.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – lower salary

Systems Engineer Intern Interview

Systems Engineer Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Advanced Bionics.

Interview Details – Had phone interview by two system engineers. The first engineer directly went to some basic technical question in DSP which was not really my strong point. And then he asked some questions regarding to the coursework on my resume. The second interview started from the typical "tell me yourself" question.Then I introduced my thesis work. Some basic digital logic questions were followed.

Interview Question – The signal processing questions which I have almost forgotten.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Sylmar, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advanced Bionics in February 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring manager called me and we talked on the phone and he was all positive and excited and wanted me to come in for the in-person interview with the team. When they scheduled it, I went in for the whole day 8:30-3:45ish. I had a talk with HR first and told her I had another offer in hand and was excited to be interviewing at AB because it's a company that's getting bigger. They are opening another location in Valencia.

Then I talked to the team, one by one, 30-40 minutes each. Got a tour of the place. Got asked bunch of technical questions about pressure, temperature, process validation, product validation, etc. Went to the lunch which was mostly me answering questions. The manager took me to the Valencia location, trying to sell me on how they are expanding and it's exciting. He also tried to sell me on the fact that he was very good as a manager and such. So the day ended at 3:45. I did very well.

Then the same day around 6:30-7pm, I get a call from the manager. On the phone, he gives me a verbal job offer and says we'll have to figure out the salary part. He tells me that HR would like an email from me about my expectations, especially since I have another offer in hand.

What? This is not how it's supposed to work!!

I asked for an official written offer but the manager was being weird about it and wanted me to write an email explaining what I was expecting. So I did and then two days later, HR tells me that they are not interested in me.

I wasn't cheap enough for this cheap company.

A friend of mine went there for an interview for a completely different position and he had a similar experience.

This company's HR is being shady or the manager was being shady. Terrible. I won't ever apply to them again.

Interview Question – What's process validation? What's product validation? Manufacturing questions about pressure, temperature, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Stäfa (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Advanced Bionics in August 2013.

Interview Details – They care about people and want people to fit in the team.

Interview Question – How would you retrieve old hearing aids 20,000k from a long time business partner?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Brief and to the point. The salary is fixed but there are many side benefits.

Validation Engineer Interview

Validation Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Advanced Bionics in August 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screening. A few background questions, followed by related experience questions/technical questions. Lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Question about debouncing.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Advanced Bionics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advanced Bionics interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advanced Bionics employees and interview candidates.